Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Announcement Monday at 11.45am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

but1er wrote: »
    we all forget bruce springsteen btw??
    Would there be all this fuss for him as he only played in 2012? Don't get me wrong he's amazing just think it's someone who hasn't played for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Bruce Springsteen played in 2013 ?

He didn't play Dublin though. Could he come back?

And would they fly him in to announce it. He seems quiet enough next week. And playing Africa on the 26th. So could be him.

Would they go to all this fuss, flying him in for another concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sneachta King

Bruce Springsteen played in 2013 ?

He didn't play Dublin though. Could he come back?

And would they fly him in to announce it. He seems quiet enough next week. And playing Africa on the 26th. So could be him.

Would they go to all this fuss, flying him in for another concert?

I'm really hoping this is Garth Brooks. I don't think that there would be a press conference like this for Bruce, he plays here too often. I got the email yesterday and will be heading in on Monday regardless. It's widely know that Garth Brooks and the Aiken family are on very good terms so wouldn't be surprised if it was him!

Did some googling and Bruce played Dublin in 2012.

And he played last year.

I dont think they would fly him in now.

Its someone big. It has to be Garth.

What are the chances?

I really want to see him or the chance to meet him.

Will they let everyone in on Monday?

I either have a very early, 5am early train on Monday morning or stay in Dublin on Sunday.

Seriously thinking of going up. But what if you didnt get an email, was that a personal invite? Or would they turn you away.

• Advertisement

What are the chances?

I really want to see him or the chance to meet him.

Will they let everyone in on Monday?

I either have a very early, 5am early train on Monday morning or stay in Dublin on Sunday.

Seriously thinking of going up. But what if you didnt get an email, was that a personal invite? Or would they turn you away.

I work in media so that's why I got the email. There was a mobile number to RSVP which I did! You could always chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Thinking Garth Brooks to, One big one in Croke PK, maybe Belfast or Cork/Limerick to.

Ticketmaster will go into melt down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

U2, ACDC and Foo Figjters all due to tour also.. seems Garth, but there's other possibilites..
    All could play croker too..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    U2, ACDC and Foo Figjters all due to tour also.. seems Garth, but there's other possibilites..
    They aren't a solo male artist though. 2fm have said that much.

The email I received said "Artist" will be there in person so it sounds like a solo artist rather than a band.

Edit: Pembily beat me to it

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »
    They aren't a solo male artist though. 2fm have said that much.
    Join us for
    A VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

Date: Monday 20 Jan at 11.45am
    Venue: Croke Park
    Details: All will be revealed …

This exciting announcement will be made at Croke Park on Monday BY THE ARTIST IN PERSON

This summer, at Croke Park, Aiken Promotions present ???
    For more join us on Monday 20 Jan at 11.45am."

Where exactly?.. just said artist..
    Coould be anyone,.but probably Garth alright

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

it could be Elton John, Billy Joel or a big possibilty Robbie Williams

PTH2009 wrote: »
    it could be Elton John, Billy Joel or a big possibilty Robbie Williams

And long shot.of Bruce.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

And long shot.of Bruce.

true it could be him also.

Ill probly go if its Bruce or Garth Brooks.

Saw bruce in 2012 and 2013 so really would not be too dissapointed if it wasant Bruce

• Registered Users Posts: 8 linda_mjb

It's definately garth brooks. 2 gigs last weekend in July 2014. Can't wait 😀

Join us for
    A VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

Date: Monday 20 Jan at 11.45am
    Venue: Croke Park
    Details: All will be revealed …

This exciting announcement will be made at Croke Park on Monday BY THE ARTIST IN PERSON

This summer, at Croke Park, Aiken Promotions present ???
    For more join us on Monday 20 Jan at 11.45am."

Where exactly?.. just said artist..
    Coould be anyone,.but probably Garth alright
    They have spoken it on some of their shows. Also bands generally aren't referred to as the "artist in person".

It could all be a rouse and end up being U2?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Pembily wrote: »
    They have spoken it on some of their shows. Also bands generally aren't referred to as the "artist in person".

It could all be a rouse and end up being U2?

personally would be p***ed off if it was U2 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

I'd be p***ed off if its ronan keating

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

beyond boiling rage.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    personally would be p***ed off if it was U2 :rolleyes:
    I'd be more than p!ssed off. Don't like them much.

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    beyond boiling rage.

didnt brooks change his stage name a few years back??? because the fame was to much??
    maybe he is coming back with the rhinestone cowboy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Really hope it Brooks.

linda_mjb wrote: »
    It's definately garth brooks. 2 gigs last weekend in July 2014. Can't wait 😀

Source?

Really hope it Brooks.

so ya said twice now..
    it might George Michael or boy George yet but has grath brooks not reached his sale by date

I think if its any other artist playing this summer we would know by now. They always give months of notice. Brian Adams and Dolly Parton announced tickets last October, for concerts in June.

Billy Joel is too quiet. Maybe Robbie Williams, he's playing all over Europe between April - July. No more info past July 12. He played the Aviva last year, so would they fly him in for an announcement this year?

Again, if it was any other artist, they might not sell tickets in time. Did Bon Jovi sell all his tickets last year?

I also think its Garth Brook's thing to announce at these press conferences himself. He does in the states anyway.

It has to be him.

I think if its any other artist playing this summer we would know by now. They always give months of notice. Brian Adams and Dolly Parton announced tickets last October, for concerts in June.

Billy Joel is too quiet. Maybe Robbie Williams, he's playing all over Europe between April - July. No more info past July 12. He played the Aviva last year, so would they fly him in for an announcement this year?

Again, if it was any other artist, they might not sell tickets in time. Did Bon Jovi sell all his tickets last year?

I also think its Garth Brook's thing to announce at these press conferences himself. He does in the states anyway.

It has to be him.

Is Garth Brooks realistically big enough for Croke Park though?.. Like they put Bruce in the RDS.. And he's undoubtedly much bigger here..
    Can't see Brooks selling 90,000 tickets..
    Unless they make it fully seated..

Surely thomond/Kilkenny, like Brice did last year, would even be a stretch for him..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Lol.

Never going to happen, Ronan can barely fill the O2 with Boyzone let alone play to 82,300 alone.

I can't see it being Robbie Williams because he played the Aviva last year.

Can't see it being U2 because if it was they would be playing 3 dates, and they usually give a few months notice, and this gig will probably be 2015.

More than likely it will be Garth Brooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Did some googling and Bruce played Dublin in 2012.

And he played last year.

I dont think they would fly him in now.

Its someone big. It has to be Garth.

They dont come any any bigger or better then the boss.If they announced Bruce was doing 2 gigs in croke park this summer,you would be very lucky to get a ticket.We may as well dream,but it wont be Bruce.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

clickhere wrote: »
    They dont come any any bigger or better then the boss.If they announced Bruce was doing 2 gigs in croke park this summer,you would be very lucky to get a ticket.We may as well dream,but it wont be Bruce.

As big as Bruce is , there is no way he could sell out 2 nights of Croke Park . The only way Bruce could do Croke Park on this tour would be if its a European Exclusive where he only plays Ireland for the rest of the summer/year . But as said its prob going to be Brooks

• Advertisement

As big as Bruce is , there is no way he could sell out 2 nights of Croke Park . The only way Bruce could do Croke Park on this tour would be if its a European Exclusive where he only plays Ireland for the rest of the summer/year . But as said its prob going to be Brooks

If bruce cant, i really dont see how Brooks has any hope..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement