Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Announcement Monday at 11.45am

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

If he's getting into Dublin airport at 9am, how long would it take to get to Croke park.

Thinking about joining the mob at 9.30-10. Dont want to miss him.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

lc180 wrote: »
    OK..... I don't know how to post this without coming across like a obsessed nutjob... but here goes!

I googled 'Gareth Brooks Private Jet' and found info that points to him owning/leasing a jet with the tail number N810GT. See photo here.

There is a website used by flight geeks like me called FlightAware, using this tail number you are able to monitor that planes flight plans. N810GT has a flight scheduled from Bangor Intl to Dublin Airport arriving tomorrow just after 9am. See here

BOOM
    Remind me never to get on your wrong side,fair play to you thats going beyond the call of duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

... price for all seats will probably be under 35 Euro plus fees. With the way Garth has always capped his ticket price, the sellouts are a guarantee.

I think that it's very optimistic to suggest that all seats will be under €35 (excluding fees). The basic infrastructure, staff and security requirements for large-scale outdoor gigs, even when subdivided by the size of the expected audience, would not allow anyone put on a show here for such a small return. Not to mention the fact that it would set a dangerous precedent for the promoter to have to put a show on sale for that low a price. Full credit to him if you're proven correct, but based on current trends - and even taking the price-capping you've mentioned into consideration - it seems very unlikely.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

lc180.

You really have to much time on your hands.

But well done! With detective skills like that, did you ever think of a career in the special branch?

Hah i do indeed have too much time on my hands!

I work in I.T. security, l know my way round the internet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sneachta King

Is the announcement going to be broadcast on live on any television or radio stations?

I work in media and will be heading into the press conference tomorrow. From the colleagues I have spoken to, it looks to be Garth but I won't believe it until I hear it. I asked the promoter (who gave no hints!!) about photo opportunities etc and they won't know for sure until tomorrow.

For anybody wondering.. Entry to The Press Conference is via Jones Road Entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

I think that it's very optimistic to suggest that all seats will be under €35 (excluding fees). The basic infrastructure, staff and security requirements for large-scale outdoor gigs, even when subdivided by the size of the expected audience, would not allow anyone put on a show here for such a small return. Not to mention the fact that it would set a dangerous precedent for the promoter to have to put a show on sale for that low a price. Full credit to him if you're proven correct, but based on current trends - and even taking the price-capping you've mentioned into consideration - it seems very unlikely.

The last shows he did in the U.S. in 2010 in Nashville, the face value was $25 USD. With the added fee, it was less about 30 USD.

One of his big things, is keeping the price low on his tickets when he tours. I predict 25-30 Euro per ticket, and they'll sell about 350K over the 7 shows, clearing over 9.5 Million Euro. Staff & security, other than that which Garth & Aiken will provide, if paid for by the venue, would be taken care of with part of the fortune they'll make on concessions & parking for the event, not to mention the tax revenue generated for the cities he plays.

With all the people posting about going to Croke for tomorrow's announcement, you really think there will be a problem finding enough people in Ireland, not to mention the world, that will want to see these shows?

Your arguing the case for him keeping the price down (based on his track record) is one thing, but I don't know why your final comment was thrown in there. I never once questioned Brooks' ability to sell tickets here, or anywhere else.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

When you said the following: "but based on current trends - and even taking the price-capping you've mentioned into consideration - it seems very unlikely."

I thought you were referring to the likelihood that he'll sellout the shows. But perhaps I'm wrong and you were still talking about the price being low. It is going to be less than half the price Bruce's shows were last year, and knowing Garth, I stand by my prediction for what it's worth, far less than 1 pence.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If tickets are gonna be cheaper then usual big gigs , Cant see it being lower that €50 . But im guessing price range of between €70/80 for standing etc

Quite possibly reserved, at least for the stands, and maybe even some or all of the fields. I would expect all the tickets to be priced the same, as opposed to tiered like some other artists, but there is a chance it could be different, especially depending upon how they work the Field tickets, though only if Garth were to break with his long practice of keeping all prices the same throughout an entire venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Garthcrokepark

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N810GT great find Ic180 it has to be garth brooks coming to dublin at 09:05 tomorrow, and the two previous flights on that private jet was to Tulsa Oklahoma where he lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sneachta King

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N810GT great find Ic180 it has to be garth brooks coming to dublin at 09:05 tomorrow, and the two previous flights on that private jet was to Tulsa Oklahoma where he lives.

That flight has now updated and leaves Tulsa in just over 2 hours, stopping off in Bangor and then onto Dublin!!

Who is getting picked up on Bangor? Unless he just has to refuel there, which does make sense coming from Oklahoma.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

When you said the following: "but based on current trends - and even taking the price-capping you've mentioned into consideration - it seems very unlikely."

I thought you were referring to the likelihood that he'll sellout the shows. But perhaps I'm wrong and you were still talking about the price being low. It is going to be less than half the price Bruce's shows were last year, and knowing Garth, I stand by my prediction for what it's worth, far less than 1 pence.

standing will be 60ish,
    sitting approx 80..

Anyone who thinks it will be cheaper is just being silly, Garth has minimal say on ticket prices.. it's all Aiken and if they believe they can sell a lot they will charge..

If he does do Croker, that'll be it for an Irish tour.. no way in the world will he get 7 shoes incl Croker.. That'd be suicide for Aiken's bank account..

2 in Croke Park is a stretch for any artist.. combine ti with dates around the country.. and it's a recipe for disaster..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    standing will be 60ish,
    sitting approx 80..

Anyone who thinks it will be cheaper is just being silly, Garth has minimal say on ticket prices.. it's all Aiken and if they believe they can sell a lot they will charge..

If he does do Croker, that'll be it for an Irish tour.. no way in the world will he get 7 shoes incl Croker.. That'd be suicide for Aiken's bank account..

2 in Croke Park is a stretch for any artist.. combine ti with dates around the country.. and it's a recipe for disaster..

With all fairness, I still think you are mistaken. Garth does what he does in setting ticket prices, he always has. The only time he made an exception was for Steve Wynn to play his solo shows in Las Vegas over the past few years. But when he's doing his own World Tour, he'll have say over the price.

They are going to sell a ton of tickets, and Aiken is going to get their cut.

Garth will sell an insane amount of merch at the shows, and they will bank 80% profits on that stuff after working a deal with some clothing companies. I speculate Zappos, as he has been seen meeting with them in Las Vegas recently.

The venue will sell BEER, BEER, Food, Drinks, some more BEER....and will keep 80%+ of the profits on that. For Garth, they may sell so much beer that they run out.

Every hotel, b&b and hostel within a few miles will be booked months in advance, a repeat of Bruce in '13. With these visions from 6 months ago still dancing in their heads, the towns he's playing will begin to salivate the moment word reaches them that this will be repeated 6 months hence.

IF you are lucky enough to get a ticket through the official onsale, it won't be anywhere near 80 Euro. You may pay that in the aftermarket however, but that will still be cheaper than any room you'll find within miles of the stadiums.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Why would they only run out of beer at a Garth Brooks gig? Yes they will sell a lot of beer but ive never been to a gig where all bars were sold out of drink

Why would they only run out of beer at a Garth Brooks gig? Yes they will sell a lot of beer but ive never been to a gig where all bars were sold out of drink

Sorry, just being sarcastic. Is there a smilie for that?

I just meant they would sell a lot of beer. Garth Brooks fans LOVE to drink their beer. That's all I'm sayin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 louloubell212

I was planning to go to dublin tomorrow morning from donegal but sadly cant afford it now. My heart is breaking here :(

will there be a golden circle? Are they very expensive tickets does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I was planning to go to dublin tomorrow morning from donegal but sadly cant afford it now. My heart is breaking here :(

will there be a golden circle? Are they very expensive tickets does anyone know?

yeah, was planning on going, but college is getting in the way of me squealing like a little girl. so tuned into the radio i will be

Im up here already. Really not going to miss him.

Staying in a hotel not too far. That or a 5.30 am train.

Cant wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 louloubell212

Im up here already. Really not going to miss him.

Staying in a hotel not too far. That or a 5.30 am train.

Cant wait.

Oh god im so jealous like. Could cry right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Burkepad

Oh god im so jealous like. Could cry right now :(

Won't b up till 11 n morning hope don't miss anythin

Garth is on his way. Hope that those of you going to Croke Park get to meet him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Brooks played two or three nights back to back in Croker in the 90's. he has a live album and DVD filmed there too as far as I'm aware.

This is like xmas eve and waiting for santa but better.

Im so excited, I cant sleep.

He's now scheduled to land at 10:08 AM. I'll be listening from California on 2fm.

Now scheduled to land at 10.43.

Burkepad, relax, you'll make it.

Delayed again.

Due in Dublin at 11.50 am

Time to sleep

It just left Maine 45 minutes ago. Now scheduled to land at Noon. Can't see him getting to Croke before 12:30, or news conference starting until at least 1:00, but just guessing.

• Advertisement

... they'll sell about 350K over the 7 shows, clearing over 9.5 Million Euro...

Where has it been suggested/implied/rumoured that he's doing seven shows?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement