Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Announcement Monday at 11.45am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Where has it been suggested/implied/rumoured that he's doing seven shows?
    Bruce did 5 shows and sold 90% of them..

therefore Garth Brooks must do all of those.. just because he has to be better..
    and 2 nights in Croke Park, because selling 90,00 once wont be a challenge..

and will subsequently sell all of them without any problem in the slightest. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Burkepad

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Bruce did 5 shows and sold 90% of them..

therefore Garth Brooks must do all of those.. just because he has to be better..
    and 2 nights in Croke Park, because selling 90,00 once wont be a challenge..

and will subsequently sell all of them without any problem in the slightest. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The hype is already massive and it hasn't even been announced yet he will have no prob selling tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

david75 wrote: »
    Brooks played two or three nights back to back in Croker in the 90's. he has a live album and DVD filmed there too as far as I'm aware.

yup, still have the vhs tape recorder of that concert:D great concert.

it feels like i'm waiting for santa right now. i will be glued to my radio. screw classes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh I'd love to see Garth Brooks in concert! when he was touring in the 90's I would have been too young really and I wasn't going to concerts a lot but I have to see this!

Do people think he could be playing other venues in Ireland besides Croke Park?

Burkepad wrote: »
    The hype is already massive and it hasn't even been announced yet he will have no prob selling tickets

the bones of 300,000 tickets though?!

170,000 Croke, 35 thomond and cork, 25 in Belfast and Kilkenny(all approx.)..

I don't see any artist doing that.. even at their peak with Brooks is far form..

The reason Bruce sold so well is because a lot of dubs travelled.. with 2 croke park shows they wont..

Aiken will also be setting the price to these.. Bon Jovi for instance claimed tickets would b be 'affordable'.. in England they were..
    Here they were 60-70 quid.. these will be the same.. Tickets are always dearer here..

If I'm proven wrong so be it.. But I see it being a show in Croke Park(maybe a second if demand) and that being it.

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh I'd love to see Garth Brooks in concert! when he was touring in the 90's I would have been too young really and I wasn't going to concerts a lot but I have to see this!

Same as was to young to see him n croker but was lucky enough to win a comp to see him n Kansas in 2007.i don't think he will play other venues in Ireland apart from croke park id imagine it wud b 3 nites n croker this year and poss back again near d end of the world tour which cud take over 2 years

yeah was young as well. but this time, if i can get my hands on tickets for all his concerts, then i am sooo there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

The 7 shows are just guesses.

If you signed up to his website last year, it was completely dead. Nothing on the website but a g logo.

Then in October, anyone who signed up to his website got an email with some message

"The sevens have aligned. It has begun."

Or something like that.

That was the start.

Its nothing to do with trying to be bigger than Bruce. He doesn't even have to try. He is better than Bruce.

I think the original rumour that he was to play all over. Cork, Limerick, think I read something about 2 nights in Kilkenny. And a few nights in the RDS. That can add up to 7.

oh for him to play in cork, would be an absolute dream :D:D:D

If you signed up to his website last year, it was completely dead. Nothing on the website but a g logo.

Then in October, anyone who signed up to his website got an email with some message

Or something like that.

That was the start.

Its nothing to do with trying to be bigger than Bruce. He doesn't even have to try. He is better than Bruce.

I think the original rumour that he was to play all over. Cork, Limerick, think I read something about 2 nights in Kilkenny. And a few nights in the RDS. That can add up to 7.

Well I wouldn't go that far now - Bruce puts on one hell of a show ;) But he's just as good anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Will Leahy
    3 hours to go. No media outlets are speculating on Garth Brooks. Am starting to doubt myself...

will the press conference be on 2fm?

my body maybe in cork today, but my mind, heart and spirit will be in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoCal MusicLover

1. I say Seven shows, because I have read rumours about cities which add up to 7 potential shows, but for the more likely reason he has said this was going to be a year of Sevens, and 7 is his lucky number, 7x2=14 or 2014, July=7th Month. It's just a part of him, he of course also has an album called Sevens.

2. Prices will be cheap. Aiken or no Aiken, Garth will set his own prices. Aiken will make plenty on this, don't worry about them.

3. See #2, and realize that this will make whatever doubt there is about 300-350K tickets being sold, non-existent.

Double Post

As someone who has traveled to see both Garth & Bruce, I'm a little bit offended someone would knock him, but there are probably Bruce fans who would knock Garth. All I know is each puts on a hell of a show, and they are both talented in their own right.

As someone who has traveled to see both Garth & Bruce, I'm a little bit offended someone would knock him, but there are probably Bruce fans who would knock Garth. All I know is each puts on a hell of a show, and they are both talented in their own right.

Who was knocking him?

Who was knocking him?

It sounded like you were:

"He doesn't even have to try. He is better than Bruce."

The second part of what you said is fine, but the first kind of makes it like he is somehow in a different class from Bruce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Garthcrokepark

So Garth's plain is got delayed now due to land at dublin 11:56

It sounded like you were:

"He doesn't even have to try. He is better than Bruce."

The second part of what you said is fine, but the first kind of makes it like he is somehow in a different class from Bruce.

I didn't say the above at all - look back on what I actually posted. Another poster said that he was better than Bruce and I disagreed - I don't think he's better but I think they both are as good as each other. That's not knocking someone :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

So Garth's plain is got delayed now due to land at dublin 11:56

That's not on! I'm awake all night thinking about it! And now they're trying to make me wait longer! The last time Garth played Croke park was the night before my communion and some of my lovely relatives were too 'tired' to go to my communion after it.

• Advertisement

Leahyl, you're right, and I apologize. You were quoting HardLuckWoman, and it was not your statement at all. I was hasty in posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

With all fairness, I still think you are mistaken. Garth does what he does in setting ticket prices, he always has. The only time he made an exception was for Steve Wynn to play his solo shows in Las Vegas over the past few years. But when he's doing his own World Tour, he'll have say over the price.

If you are lucky enough to get a ticket through the official onsale, it won't be anywhere near 80 Euro. You may pay that in the aftermarket however, but that will still be cheaper than any room you'll find within miles of the stadiums.
    I paid $25 for a ticket to see Garth in the Staples Centre in LA in 2008, but this is Ireland.

I reckon €80 for pitch standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Just to make something clear here for everyone about the price of concert tickets ,
    Every artist has to sign off on the ticket prices legally they have to know the price and set it with the promotion company be it aiken or mcd

Or something like that.

That was the start.

Is it jones road entrance to go to??

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Oh roll on 11:45 praying it is Garth! I'd say it is why is would he currently be en route to Dublin! Oh I've been waiting for this a long long time!

Oh roll on 11:45 praying it is Garth! I'd say it is why is would he currently be en route to Dublin! Oh I've been waiting for this a long long time!

If he's not due in Dublin intime.. And 2fm staying its still due at 11:45.. What if he's only in Dublin for a holiday..

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

Oh no, I really hope not, maybe they're going to announce last minute that there has been a delay, or they are going to start without him, dragging their heels until he arrives!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

He's probably here already and the jet is just coming to collect him.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Burkepad wrote: »
    Is it jones road entrance to go to??

Yeah im going there first and see what's happening

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement