Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Announcement Monday at 11.45am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

I find it bizzare that Garrett Brooks would sell out Croke Park - haven't heard anything about him in what seems like decades. Very odd how popular he is here considering he has sold feck all in the UK and many parts of the rest of Europe. Nothing on google news about it though which is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Gemmamc wrote: »
    Anyone any idea of dates? Would like to book hotel before it rockets

Nothing has been announced yet so no...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Harpy wrote: »
    Boards Party in Bard's house. Bring your own laptop.

LOL... not in a million years ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Pinkman wrote: »
    I find it bizzare that Garrett Brooks would sell out Croke Park - haven't heard anything about him in what seems like decades. Very odd how popular he is here considering he has sold feck all in the UK and many parts of the rest of Europe. Nothing on google news about it though which is odd.

Mark my words he will sell it out. If the rumiur I heard is true, he will be doing more than one gig a bit like Brucie done last year..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jim Carroll ‏@jimcarrollOTR 1m
    Croke Park Agreement 3: don't mention the hat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yup, much bigger here than anywhere else in the world - apart from America.

I reckon his songs are quite Irish, lot of the same instruments and same type of stories. MAybe it's a subconscious thing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Stuart Clark ‏@stuartclark66 24s
    Garth Brooks? Dang, there's my dream of a David Bowie, Motorhead and Andrew WK triple Croker header shattered. Life can be SO bloody cruel

Once again it'll be a case of luck trying to get tickets online...:mad: Last time I tried to get tickets for Beyonce - not a hope. I can only imagine how hard it's gonna be for this gig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yeah, well no surprise there is no news of this 'Garret Brooks' anywhere on the net, who is he? Did he go to school with you or something? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gemmamc wrote: »
    Anyone any idea of dates? Would like to book hotel before it rockets
    Absolutely no idea. The GAA only hand over croker for gigs in May and June so it'll be one of those.

One DIrection have it 25th May, so I reckon it'll be close to that - might as well reuse a lot of the concert configuration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

eugh first time i have ever listened to roar in work haha

recyclops wrote: »

I'm listening too! LOL - never listen to the radio in work. Not a lot is being done this morning! I hope he plays the June bank holiday, that would be class. Just not the 2nd last week in June pleeease!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

might need to spell the name right

https://www.google.ie/search?q=garth+brooks&oq=garth&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j5j0.1872j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=garth+brooks&tbm=nws

um, my 2fm feed has stopped:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

recyclops wrote: »

ha im the same.. sitting in college with the radio on- they better hurry up im getting hyper!!

sunbabe08 wrote: »

um, my 2fm feed has stopped:(

all your missing is bints talking about labour songs- grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dragon123

Oh no, I was going to arrange a surprise 40th birthday party for my husband on June bank holiday weekend....I might have to reassess it!

all your missing is bints talking about labour songs- grrrrrrr

:rolleyes: normally i would give out, but i'm pretty much screaming telling ur wan to get off the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

From @simontcor on Twitter
    289666.jpg

as long it's not any time before may, i will be happy :D

:rolleyes: normally i would give out, but i'm pretty much screaming telling ur wan to get off the radio

jesus this one is singing now

• Advertisement

jesus this one is singing now

i know :(:(for some reason the 2fm seems to be cutting out

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

why is everyone excited and going mad? sure ye already know who it is

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cindrella

Tune to @RTE2fm at 1 - Larry Gogan is live from Croke Park with the big reveal. on will leahys facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I'm starting to crack now it's almost an hour later! A friend of my boyfriends that we went to college that works in Croke Park and I'm on the verge of ringing him.

damn it, i have class:(

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭astonvanilla

Good lord, 2fm is making you earn this announcement. Colm Hayes is bloody unbearable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Why is IrelandAM on the hurley?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

why is everyone excited and going mad? sure ye already know who it is

But we don't know when it's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Now they're saying larry gogan will have the big announcement at 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

end of may early june !sure croke park will be needed for the GAA from june onwards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement