Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Announcement Monday at 11.45am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Good lord, 2fm is making you earn this announcement. Colm Hayes is bloody unbearable.

haven't listened to 2fm in years. i miss Will. there's only so much labour and what do mother's do when there in labour i can take

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

We just want the dates now!!! The dates DAMMIT!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i know :(:(for some reason the 2fm seems to be cutting out

mines ok im listening to it online- lunch is over in 20 minutes they better hurry up
    Good lord, 2fm is making you earn this announcement. Colm Hayes is bloody unbearable.

i know its wicked its like they decided to see how long before the station got mobbed!! uggghhhhhhhhhhhh:mad::mad::mad::mad:

leahyl wrote: »
    We just want the dates now!!! The dates DAMMIT!! :pac:

that's all i need to know. Getting this as an early birthday present:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Begorrah and be the hokey, sure let's get an oul' photo with Mr. Brooks holding a Gaelic football with his name on it. Sure, that'll be marvellous altogether. And maybe he can smash a guitar with the hurley stick, sure that'd be only marvellous as well. Ah, no... now, there'll be no accusations of paddywhackery here. It's a great day for Croke Park. A great day for Ireland. Be the hokey. Etc.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement

for the love of god colm just say it's garth brooks and be done with it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

i really cant take this anymore - is there any other station beside 2fm that are doing a live feed?

Brolly wrote: »

Eh what? How can they announce this before the "official" announcement?!

• Advertisement

exactly. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    for the love of god colm just say it's garth brooks and be done with it. :mad:

Confirmed. Garth brooks Irish tour 2014.

Allegedly :)

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Only posting what is on the internet!

Brolly wrote: »
    Only posting what is on the internet!

Oh I know, I'm just questioning the article really, wasn't getting at you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Twitter:

BWesternDublinSkylon ‏@BWDublinSkylon1 1m

Garth Brooks confirmed for Croke Park Friday 25th and Saturday 26th July 2014. See you all at the Skylon!

i don't know what it is, but for some reason listening to 2fm just makes me feel like smashing things. not sure if that's just the station or the upcoming announcement that's making me feel like that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Probably auto scheduled to appear on the website. Obviously didnt take account of the delays in the travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Because press releases are usually sent out to media outlets well before the official announcement, and under embargo until the announcement. They've probably just jumped the gun and weren't supposed to announce it until after the press conference.

Suzanne Byrne ‏@SuzanneB_RTE 1m
    A hush has fallen over the press room...they are on their way!

oh my god oh my god

garth brooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I know this goes without saying, but people should pounce on hotels now after that Music Scene article gives the dates. Don't wait for the "official" word. Even if Music Scene are wrong, you can always cancel. And I agree with ghostdancer that Music Scene's story was probably an auto-release that failed to take into account the substantial delay with the Croke Park event.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Woo he's on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I love all kinds of music but Garth Brooks is absolute Shíte. That the best they could have done?

Why the hype??

Woo he's on now!

squeal!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I love all kinds of music but Garth Brooks is absolute Shíte. That the best they could have done?

Why the hype??

why would you even comment, you dont like him. Move on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I love all kinds of music but Garth Brooks is absolute Shíte.
    You don't like Garth Brooks music then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Yet man from 2FM needs to shut up and stop talking over the press conference!

colm you suck. we don't want to listen to music:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Dates confirmed. July 25th and 26th. Tickets go on sale Jan 30th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭astonvanilla

All that bloody waiting and Hayes talks over the press conference and then cuts him off. What an absolute clown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement