Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New forums not appearing in old menus

Options
  • 16-01-2014 6:28pm

Forums like Wild Camping don't appear on the skin I'm using and to get the them I have to go to the frontpage and use the top menu there. I'm using the "White" forum skin. Is this a deliberate thing (to get everyone to move to the horrible new layout)?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I think it's probably getting on to five or six years now that it's been made clear that the old skins are not supported any more.

I'm using the White Beta skin and the post of the day is from August 2010. I presume that's the cut-off for when the old skins stopped being updated.

AFAIK, the time is coming when the default skin will be the only one available. There may be a dark skin for accessibility reasons but I genuinely have no idea whether that's a certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

AFAIK, the time is coming when the default skin will be the only one available. There may be a dark skin for accessibility reasons but I genuinely have no idea whether that's a certainty.

Since it's all I ever use (the dark skin) I certainly hope so. But given the lack of support for it on the Talk to... forums I'm a little bit worried about this.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I think it's probably getting on to five or six years now that it's been made clear that the old skins are not supported any more.
    The new skin was only introduced summer 2012. The Old beta existed before that but I'm pretty sure both that and the older skins were updated together up to the latest release.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There is a dark theme. It's based on the colours from the old Cloud theme. If you're using the new skin it should show up as on option on the CP: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=appearancesettings

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Beta skin was / is still the best ever. It works and I know where everything is. The new current look is shíte because the buttons are all in the wrong places.

There. I said it. I'm getting old and grumpy and change makes my brain hurt. :)

(no disrespect to the site devs intended)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I went back to the old skins very recently thanks to a friend's trolling. I don't miss them. Also dark theme on the new skin ftw! The DHTML menu regeneration script hasn't worked in quite some time, a decision was made not to support it any more.

Advertisement