Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is eFibre coming to Crusheen

Options
  • 16-01-2014 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Hi

Crusheen has a very good broadband service, just wodering when is it due to move to eFibre?

thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Chris The Hacker

Eircom have a map on their website of all the exchanges they'll be upgrading:

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Crusheen is a small village with only 800 people. Upgrading costs money, more money than it would make by bringing eFiber to the area. I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Thanks for the response. We used to get told that before the exchange for enabled aswell, not holding my breath but just wondering is it on a list for sometime in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

I'm in dublin and still don't have it!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Chris The Hacker

My area is live and I don't even have it. I'm waiting for Eircom to build a cabinet for my estate and I have no idea when they're going to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

glineli wrote: »
    Hi

Crusheen has a very good broadband service, just wodering when is it due to move to eFibre?

thanks
    Hi glineli

I'm sorry to confirm that at this moment in time there are no plans to bring efibre to Crusheen, my best advice is to check back with me in June and I'll check plans for you again.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Hi

i was wondering did you have any update on this?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Hi glineli
    I can only echo what most have said on this post that you could have a cabinet right outside your property and still not get EFibre as Eircom have pre-defined routes and your address might not be included on that route 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

glineli wrote: »
    Hi

i was wondering did you have any update on this?

thanks

Hi glineli

I'm sorry to confirm that there are still no plans scheduled for Crusheen. I understand previously advised you to get back to me in June by Crusheen was not added to plans and at this stage new plans are not predicted to be released until 2015. Sorry glineli.

Al

Advertisement