Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few questions about iec

Options
  • 16-01-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi giys,i have a few iec questions,is the iec only open one time in january untill the 10,000 visa,s are gone and that is it,or will there be 5,000 in january and lets say another 5,000 in april?Also can we create our IEC Kompass accounts yet?and last what soes this mean,Irish citizens will be able to come to Canada under International Experience Canada for a period of up to 24 months, on a maximum of one occasion.Does this mean we cant leave canada until a certain time?Any help would be great.Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Hi giys,i have a few iec questions,is the iec only open one time in january untill the 10,000 visa,s are gone and that is it,or will there be 5,000 in january and lets say another 5,000 in april?
    Nope, 10,000 released at one go. Different to the UK IEC in that respect.
    Also can we create our IEC Kompass accounts yet?
    Nope
    and last what soes this mean,Irish citizens will be able to come to Canada under International Experience Canada for a period of up to 24 months, on a maximum of one occasion.Does this mean we cant leave canada until a certain time?Any help would be great.Thanks all
    Nope, once you get your Visa by arriving in Canada you can come and go as you like for the duration of the Visa (24 months).

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

fergusb wrote: »
    Nope, 10,000 released at one go. Different to the UK IEC in that respect.

Nope

Nope, once you get your Visa by arriving in Canada you can come and go as you like for the duration of the Visa (24 months).

Thanks for clearing that up mate.Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ruthag

Hi
    I'm a ucd college student going on work experience and I have a placement on a farm in Canada where I will be observing and learning but I will not be paid. I was wondering would I have to get a work permit when I am not technically employed just going to a host? Or would I manage on a visitors visa? I would be there for two and half months
    Thanks

Advertisement