Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chase

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

There’s one on tomorrow on VM1. Around 5, but not certain of the time.

I see it listed for Monday at 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

bobbyss wrote: »
    I agree. It's pathetic and unbecoming. A grown man having fits over toilet humour. What's worse is that it's all forced. It's almost as if he wants to make a ' funniest bits" compilation to show at a Celebration of Bradley Walsh' and thus further his career.

Yes I agree. he needs to stop the forced laughter, his face is looking like a smashed piece of glass with all the creases on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

My goodness, The Chase Australia host is abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I saw that. Doesn't have Bradley's charisma or wit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Mr E wrote:

Not many do. In a class of his own..

Mr E wrote: »

It's not really the point. Noone expects a host to be that close to Bradley in terms of how he conducts himself on the show so I never anticipated pitting him up against Bradley.

But this guy is in a league of his own, in terms of awfulness. The fake reactions and fake laughter and , the prooollllloooonnggggggginnnnnnggggg offfffff hisssssss sennnnnntencessssss (if you haven't noticed this yet, I am sorry as you will notice it now!) and the silly ott reactions he makes when a contestant misses out a question is really irritating.

Once you start noticing those quirks, it is hard to take them out of your head. And Bradley rightly gets some criticism for the ott laughing fits but this guy is like a cartoon host.

You could see The Beast and Ann getting very irritated by him at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,822 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That Aussie host is full of his own self importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

lertsnim wrote: »
    That Aussie host is full of his own self importance.
    I love The Chase, but I came across the Australian one today. Awful. I really dislike the accent anyway which didn't help.

The Beast seems to have mellowed a bit.

The Vixen really lost it today! €70,000 for one player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The Vixen really lost it today! €70,000 for one player!

She was a great player in fairness, she rattled the Vixen. 8 out of 9 pushback opportunities taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Will this be repeated or is there anywhere online to see it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bradley just goes too far with the fake laughing sometimes though!

+1 no need for it, and for a professional actor he is terrible at faking/acting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Messi19 wrote:
    Will this be repeated or is there anywhere online to see it?

You can watch the vixen answering on YouTube. She shouldn't be a chaser..

tedpan wrote: »
    You can watch the vixen answering on YouTube. She shouldn't be a chaser..

Seen that. Was looking for the whole ep. Thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The Beast seems to have mellowed a bit.

You know the thread here about someone unusual you fancy?
    Well.. Mark Labbett is mine!

To thine own self be true

Well he is married to his cousin so you missed the boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Well he is married to his cousin so you missed the boat.

I had read that but they say it's his second cousin so that should be OK. :D

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

I had read that but they say it's his second cousin so that should be OK. :D

2 cousins! Christ, that is worse! :D

Messi19 wrote: »
    Seen that. Was looking for the whole ep. Thanks anyway

r/uktvland (run by u/cherzo) might have it soon

Otherwise, we're completely out of luck until VM decide to get the latest series and eventually get around to showing it.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    r/uktvland (run by u/cherzo) might have it soon

Otherwise, we're completely out of luck until VM decide to get the latest series and eventually get around to showing it.

It's up on this. Thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The chase is on :p

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Cooooooooooorect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

anyone notice an increase of questions regarding women lately, its almost like theres an agenda behind it.
    You'd notice it on University Challenge sometimes (where there was a definite push for it), and I started noticing it on Pointless aswell, questions that were obviously included to fill a quota...

but there was one tonight on the chase which took the biscuit, something along the lines of 'name the family of aviation pioneers, whose sister Katherine sometimes helped'

• Advertisement

Did ye see todays show? The Dark Destroyer lost on the last question because he answered 6 instead of 6 million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,723 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

anyone notice an increase of questions regarding women lately, its almost like theres an agenda behind it.
    You'd notice it on University Challenge sometimes (where there was a definite push for it), and I started noticing it on Pointless aswell, questions that were obviously included to fill a quota...

but there was one tonight on the chase which took the biscuit, something along the lines of 'name the family of aviation pioneers, whose sister Katherine sometimes helped'

Goes to grab tin foil hat...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-45346010
    "They are trying very hard to strike a better balance between questions that refer to men and questions that refer to women," she says.
    She acknowledges this is hard because men have traditionally had the freedom to achieve more, and their achievements are more well known.

Alan Connor - question editor on Richard Osman's House of Games - agrees.
    "When you write a question you turn to the reference books and they tend to privilege the stuff that men have done," he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Did ye see todays show? The Dark Destroyer lost on the last question because he answered 6 instead of 6 million!

Did he try, or was he doing a Shaun special? I like him, but he does take a dive periodically.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Did he try, or was he doing a Shaun special? I like him, but he does take a dive periodically.

I wasn't paying full attention but heard Bradley say that as he hadn't given the full answer that the contestants won €20,000. They were gobsmacked!

• Advertisement

maybe he didn't hear the question fully, I know I didnt.

anyway, what are the chances of, in a colony of 1,000,000 ants, not one of them being missing a leg?

Edit: he also said 2001: A Space Oddity, which was wrong, but the contestants went with 2000: A Space Odyssey and failed to push him back,
    I'd say he gave it to them

maybe he didn't hear the question fully, I know I didnt.

anyway, what are the chances of, in a colony of 1,000,000 ants, not one of them being missing a leg?

"A million ants have how many legs in total?"

https://youtu.be/GU6Hae3PUVs?t=357

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Anybody see it today? The player Matt - wow, handsome!

The thing that annoys me about the chase is the descriptions of the chasers, or how inaccurate they are. Constant references to Paul Sinha being smug when he's quite the opposite. Mark Le Bett is, or was at least very smug. So is the governess.

That and the constant references to how "hot" the vixen is. It feels very forced. If Rachel Riley was on would they be constantly reminding people she is hot?

The thing that annoys me about the chase is the descriptions of the chasers, or how inaccurate they are. Constant references to Paul Sinha being smug when he's quite the opposite. Mark Le Bett is, or was at least very smug. So is the governess.

That and the constant references to how "hot" the vixen is. It feels very forced. If Rachel Riley was on would they be constantly reminding people she is hot?

I think that the Beast has become a bit of a pussycat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's just another ploy to get you to cheer for the contestants

In the earlier seasons with Beasty and the Governess it was like a panto at times, it's more light hearted these days I find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have been watching out for that and thought most, if not all, were tongue in cheek, so much so that it seemed a bit insulting to her.

If you watch 9 out of 10 cats they often do go on about Rachel in disgraceful ways!

I was wondering why so many just pass on questions where they could at least hazard a guess. If I recall correctly in the likes of mastermind if you pass then they skip to the next question and save you precious time, so there is good reason not to randomly guess. In saying that I do prefer that they do not have to go back over all the questions people passed on and give the answer when the time is finished -I find that annoying. Now in some cases they might not be able to even remotely hazard a guess on a obscure subject/question, but some are stupidly passed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,822 ✭✭✭lertsnim

And it's always a question like "what primary colour" or "which UK city". Just guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Those Chaser Toby Jugs!! :eek:

D2cgfa8W0AIWh-H?format=png&name=900x900

D2cgfeFWoAEr0IC?format=png&name=900x900

Want! :D

That was some chase!

• Advertisement

Great Chase today. The Beast got some stinkers but was up against it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He got off to a very bad start. He was never going to recover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The Sinnerman has been diagnosed with Parkinson's. :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48640653

All the very best to him in the months and years to come.

The Sinnerman has been diagnosed with Parkinson's. :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48640653

All the very best to him in the months and years to come.

That’s awful news. Poor man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jaysus, that's rough. Paul seems like a lovely bloke. Always liked him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Poor Paul. :( Both he and Mark are my favourite chasers.

It looks like he will be on a good drug treatment regime and has a lot of support from his friends and family. I wish him all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭pavb2

That lad Danny was excellent yesterday 20 all by himself lost by 2 seconds if any of the other contestants had got back they would have won by virtue of the extra point. He’s one of the best If not the best contestant I’ve seen. The chaser did have some easy questions though the one about the Sopranos and the “radio soap opera” is always going to be the Archers

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1243574/The-Chase-ITV-viewers-stunned-lone-contestant-huge-score-ITV-video

I do recall a London chap though who was very quick had a nickname.

Who is the best chaser though?

pavb2 wrote: »
    That lad Danny was excellent yesterday 20 all by himself lost by 2 seconds if any of the other contestants had got back they would have won by virtue of the extra point. He’s one of the best If not the best contestant I’ve seen. The chaser did have some easy questions though the one about the Sopranos and the “radio soap opera” is always going to be the Archers

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1243574/The-Chase-ITV-viewers-stunned-lone-contestant-huge-score-ITV-video

I do recall a London chap though who was very quick had a nickname.

Who is the best chaser though?

Agree that kid was brilliant. I did think that Bradders was taking his time asking the Chaser his questions! They’re all great quizzers, but I think Jenny is hard to beat v

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭pavb2

Agree that kid was brilliant. I did think that Bradders was taking his time asking the Chaser his questions! They’re all great quizzers, but I think Jenny is hard to beat v

The question about Brunel’s ship was tough.

I wonder how they grade the questions in quiz shows for example 'In Who wants to be a Millionaire,' they have an ascending order of difficulty.

Do they have a panel of say one hundred people and categorise the question depending on how many get them right? And on The chase how do they determine that the A & B questions are of equal difficulty,.it’s not an exact science very subjective and many other variations come into play such as age of the contestant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

Beat The Chasers is a new Spin-Off series of The Chase.
    Beat The Chasers is a brand new prime time spin on ITV’s smash-hit quiz show The Chase, challenging contestants to take on two, three, four or all five Chasers at once.

Hosted by Bradley Walsh, this nail-biting 5-part series will be stripped across a week, starring all five of the nation's favourite quiz geniuses: Mark ‘The Beast’ Labbett, Anne ‘The Governess’ Hegerty, Paul ‘The Sinnerman’ Sinha, Jenny ‘The Vixen’ Ryan and Shaun ‘The Dark Destroyer’ Wallace.

Bradley will call contestants down from the studio audience to compete. In the Cash Builder they’ll face five multiple choice questions, with the chance to bank up to £5,000. But get the first question wrong - they’re out!

Next, contestants are given the option of playing between two and all five Chasers for increasing amounts of money, but with a decreasing time advantage against them. As the money goes up, so does the number of Chasers they must face. But those brave enough to take on all five Chasers could walk away with a huge cash prize.

Play sees questions swap from contestant to the Chasers. But get a question wrong and their individual or team clock keeps counting down until a question is answered correctly. First to run out of time loses the game.

Beat The Chasers will broadcast 9pm, Monday 27th April to Friday 1 May over five consecutive nights.

It will air on both ITV and Virgin Media One at the same time.

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week18/beat-chasers

Advertisement