Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chase

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I tell you what.

She is some MILF for 51
    Her face isn't 51..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thought there was less ads tonight but they just seem to be randomly shoehorned in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

I tell you what.

She is some MILF for 51

Yeah wow, and good knowledge aswell!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

When she smiled with that question with 20 seconds left I thought she had it.

I don’t think that the contestants can see the Chasers clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

That last lad should have taken the 20k. It was a no brainer. It's not the number of chasers that's important. It's the time they have.

dmc17 wrote: »
    That last lad should have taken the 20k. It was a no brainer. It's not the number of chasers that's important. It's the time they have.

Agreed, he would have got it aswell, he was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

unlucky, lost concentration when he got one wrong, he should have got throne next Q up

Fecking English never know anything about Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That was wild

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

That was close. Saturn, what an answer. Great match

I think Paul said he’d played him. A quizzer here

That Eramus question was a bit easy with those daft options.

5 second gap. Brave man. Too short I think

Given they know he's a serious quizzer didn't think they'd be that generous.

• Advertisement

Is it just me or does The Beast answer very few questions on this version? I always thought he was the best of the lot and Paul who seems to answer most as the weakest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

You want to be very good to beat 5 chasers with only 5 second lead. Almost chaser standard to pull that off I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Collie D wrote: »
    Is it just me or does The Beast answer very few questions on this version? I always thought he was the best of the lot and Paul who seems to answer most as the weakest.

Have to say I've always rated Paul, but yes thought the beast was strongest - but not by much.

Too much filler chat, Bradley giving repeated instructions and acting the goat tonight.

I'm always amused by how Mark verbally nearly attacks contestants when they're also quizzers.

It's like he's personally offended by them having the temerity to take him on.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm always amused by how Mark verbally nearly attacks contestants when they're also quizzers.

It's like he's personally offended by them taking him on.

He’s very competitive. Hates losing. The Chaser I’d like to go up against.

£60k for 11 seconds. I’d be tempted

• Advertisement

I’m enjoying it bar the “Come on down” razzmatazz.

I wonder how the contestants are chosen?

Well done. Played well. Nice and calm

Fair play. Didnt think she'd do it. Got lucky with the pearly gates question while chasers got landed with the tricky oil one. Difference between 60k and zilch.

It is a very enjoyable concept, with a few very exciting finishes in only 4 episodes, it would be great if this format shows up once or twice a year.

Collie D wrote: »
    Well done. Played well. Nice and calm

Yeah bigtime well deserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭gidget

I reckon it's pretty much in the bag as far as another series is concerned, given the positive reaction it's been getting on Twitter all week. i've enjoyed it and i must admit now that i'm gripped i'm going to feel a bit deflated tomorrow knowing that's the last one for however long, back to regular tv next week.

if it does come back it will be interesting to see if the number of chasers changes, now that the new Irish Chaser is due to start.

gidget wrote: »
    I reckon it's pretty much in the bag as far as another series is concerned, given the positive reaction it's been getting on Twitter all week. i've enjoyed it and i must admit now that i'm gripped i'm going to feel a bit deflated tomorrow knowing that's the last one for however long, back to regular tv next week.

if it does come back it will be interesting to see if the number of chasers changes, now that the new Irish Chaser is due to start.

Will the new Irish chaser be on the teatime Virgin shows? I can never figure out what series is being shown where!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I think it shows that sometimes playing solo is easier than being a team.

Happy4all wrote: »
    I think it shows that sometimes playing solo is easier than being a team.

Bit of truth in that I reckon. I do think having backup will help but I watched an episode yesterday where one guy (and in fairness to him he brought £9k back) was buzzing instantly just to pass when he didn’t know. On at least two occasions one of his team mates was going for buzzer. I think he forgot he wasn’t playing solo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭gidget

Will the new Irish chaser be on the teatime Virgin shows? I can never figure out what series is being shown where!

Yeah should be, they said he wouldn't be seen on the show until the end of the year but due to covid filming is on hiatus for the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Possibly. Checking the Virgin player, the 7pm shows recently were showing the latest Series 13... but the last one of those was on Monday where they showed S13E127 (original broadcast date February 10th). Now as of 6pm Tuesday they've gone back to the middle of Series 12 (original broadcast date September 2018...) and are showing episodes in order from then according to the sky guide...

In broadcast order, we were only 24 episodes away from being all caught up with ITV :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Fair play. Didnt think she'd do it. Got lucky with the pearly gates question while chasers got landed with the tricky oil one. Difference between 60k and zilch.

The questions she got were very easy .

The questions are much easier than the normal Chase,its been dumbed down a fair bit.

The questions she got were very easy .

The questions are much easier than the normal Chase,its been dumbed down a fair bit.

The one after for the chasers was tough. "What country provides the uk with 70% of its oil?" (i think). I wouldn't have got that with 3 goes.

Overall its a bit of a refreshing diversion from the main format, i like it but cash builder round seems a bit of a non event and i get feeling a couple of the chasers arent mad about it.

Oh my god he will never live that down

If I was a quizzer I wouldn't be advertising the fact until I'd won my round!!

And that was a stinker of a first question.

I don't think this contestant will be quick enough to beat any account of chasers with the click ticking in her ear.....

Nah that was an easy first question, common knowledge! But here we go yeah she might have the brains for it

rapul wrote: »
    Nah that was an easy first question, common knowledge! But here we go yeah she might have the brains for it

Clearly not that common!

Clearly not that common!

Well I can't argue really haha but for me it was!

• Advertisement

No margin for error going that high.

No margin for error going that high.

For sure. Some hard questions there, fecking made in Chelsea come on!

So all this chat and speculation about the contestants as the they come down the stairs is a sham.

This is the second fella they've recognised.

That rap was a bit bizarre :o

For sure. Some hard questions there, fecking made in Chelsea come on!

She was still a lot slower than the chasers though even on the questions she knew the answers to. Even if she'd got all hers right I don't think she'd have made it.

She was still a lot slower than the chasers though even on the questions she knew the answers to. Even if she'd got all hers right I don't think she'd have made it.

Totally agree, very slow but was 3 very hard questions there I thought

• Advertisement

Oooh, tight! But I'd say this fella could do it....

Oooh, tight! But I'd say this fella could do it....

Wow yeah here we go, he doesn't like Paul!

Wow yeah here we go, he doesn't like Paul!

Not sure what his beef was, he'd beaten him before!

Not sure what his beef was, he'd beaten him before!

Ah shiza yeah he shoulda went lower, foolish letting Paul get to him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

For smart people they're a bit stupid, could nab a handy 10 grand if they wanted, ego seemed to play a part

• Advertisement
Advertisement