Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chase

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Unearthly wrote: »
    Awful performance by the chasers there. 34 seconds to spare

Too bad to be true

Basq wrote: »

Side note - I've only seen Darragh Ennis play once or twice but he's very strong and consistent. Zero personality but impressive knowledge.

My father is a Chase addict. Im staying with him since early December and we watch 3+ episodes a day.

We still havn't seen the new Chaser.

I find it funny you say he has zero personality. They slag Sean Wallace for being dull and boring, when actually he can be very entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

My father is a Chase addict. Im staying with him since early December and we watch 3+ episodes a day.

I think they normally air the new episodes of 'The Chase' on VirginMedia the day after ITV/UTV airs them.. this was certainly the case for Darragh's first episode but can't be sure.

He's got a helluva hit rate anytime I've seen him.. easily answering 8-10 on the bounce in the final Chase.
    I find it funny you say he has zero personality. They slag Sean Wallace for being dull and boring, when actually he can be very entertaining.
    It's part of The Dark Destroyer's persona.. to always look unamused and unimpressed. But he'd be the first one to break into song etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Darragh's have five episodes already:
    • 19/11/2020 (13.183)
    • 24/11/2020 (13.186)
    • 02/12/2020 (14.027)
    • 07/12/2020 (13.195)
    • 16/12/2020 (13.202)
    The Series 13 episodes debuted on V1 the day after at 2pm. Series 14 episodes are not shown locally over here yet, can only see them on manually-tuned-in ITV.

Did ye notice the new set with screens between the contestants?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yeah I noticed on a few of the gameshows it's all Covid socially distanced

The screens between contestants didn’t bother me as much as Brad’s distance from the person taking on the Chaser.. you’re so used to him being next to them advising them, making jokes etc

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Mark's fury with Shaun was hilarious last night, even though he was right.

Mark's fury with Shaun was hilarious last night, even though he was right.

They play it up for affect.

The conversation between Chasers remains cringey..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

She had a nightmare there.

She got 4/5 wrong in the middle there but got away with it.

Ha 50k!!!!! good for her but is it just me or are the questions on this way easier than the regular version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Ha 50k!!!!! good for her but is it just me or are the questions on this way easier than the regular version?

The questions for non quizzers seem easier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Chasers threw that. Call me a cynic.

Happy4all wrote: »

I thought so, too.
    The chasers comments as each contestant are pathetic. Fawning over a supposed great quizzer and making fun of a young bubbly girl who managed to beat them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought so, too.
    The chasers comments as each contestant are pathetic. Fawning over a supposed great quizzer and making fun of a young bubbly girl who managed to beat them!

I did laugh at Paul saying "She looks happy and bubbly... Not a quizzer..."

I has a real whiff of being made to be good tv about it this time out compared to last time.

Happy4all wrote: »

You're a cynic.

You're also not wrong.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Darragh's have five episodes already:
    • 19/11/2020 (13.183)
    • 24/11/2020 (13.186)
    • 02/12/2020 (14.027)
    • 07/12/2020 (13.195)
    • 16/12/2020 (13.202)
    The Series 13 episodes debuted on V1 the day after at 2pm. Series 14 episodes are not shown locally over here yet, can only see them on manually-tuned-in ITV.

Daft time to show them. No wonder we've missed them. It would never occur to me to look at the TV planner at 2pm for a brand new episode of something.

• Advertisement

Daft time to show them. No wonder we've missed them. It would never occur to me to look at the TV planner at 2pm for a brand new episode of something.
    Ironically, the primetime schedule of Virgin Media tends to be full of repeats! :D

Paul Sinha has quickly, and rightly, become the flagship Chaser..

.. used to be Mark, but look at promotional material, and even position on this, and Sinha is front and center.

That was mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

That was mental.

If paul hadn't been so quick to jump in he would have had it. Shame

Very generous, surprised she didn't go high.

Brilliant. Eegits forgot that the question was theirs!

Dublin the capital of Northern Ireland????

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

Basq wrote: »
    Paul Sinha has quickly, and rightly, become the flagship Chaser..

.. used to be Mark, but look at promotional material, and even position on this, and Sinha is front and center.

Paul has grown on me over the years and is now my favourite. I like his humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There was a gang of shítes back in school who always hung around on the same bench every day and would make a snide remark about everyone that walked past, the Chasers remind me of them every time a new contestant walks out :pac:

• Advertisement

https://www.thebreeze.co.nz/home/must-see/2020/06/data-from-the-chase-analysed-to-reveal-the-best-chaser-from-the-.html

This article says Anne is the best statistically with Paul just behind.

I feel on beat the chasers, Anne is a bit slow on the buzzer, while Paul seems very fast.

Just want to say the chase has become my best friend while working from home :pac:

Just want to say the chase has become my best friend while working from home :pac:

I know exactly what you mean! I retired December 31st. During first lockdown, i became a fan of Countdown, Tenable, Tipping Point, The Chase......

You're nearly better off deliberately getting the second question wrong given the offers they gave someone who got 4 right.

This fella looks like Frank McNamara.

The amount of times it comes down to one second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Also if look a bit of a gomme they give you decent time which is the critical part.
    If they look for over 40 seconds for what ever money you have got against two chasers you're on a loser.

https://www.thebreeze.co.nz/home/must-see/2020/06/data-from-the-chase-analysed-to-reveal-the-best-chaser-from-the-.html

This article says Anne is the best statistically with Paul just behind.

I feel on beat the chasers, Anne is a bit slow on the buzzer, while Paul seems very fast.

I think Mark is the most dangerous so to speak. When he wants to beat you he ignites the after burners and goes after you. He also pressure presses more than the others. It's a matter of pride for him far more so than the others to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Bit of flack over last nights show to be honest I thought the guy had won the 10k

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/beat-chasers-fans-accuse-paul-23274710

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Bit of flack over last nights show to be honest I thought the guy had won the 10k

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/beat-chasers-fans-accuse-paul-23274710
    Yeah, I spotted that myself.

Might have been editing more than anything.

He really annoyed them.

Would have been close had he gone high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

He really annoyed me! What a bizarre attitude. Wasn't paying full attention, but I didn't think he won by a whole pile?

I always felt if I was on a gameshow, at least make it worth your time and go for a decent amount

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    He really annoyed me! What a bizarre attitude. Wasn't paying full attention, but I didn't think he won by a whole pile?

A grand. And he was lucky to win that!

A grand. And he was lucky to win that!

No i meant by a whole pile of time (in response to whoever said it would have been close if he taken on all 5)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    No i meant by a whole pile of time (in response to whoever said it would have been close if he taken on all 5)

The high offer was 48 seconds, he won by 11.

The high offer was 48 seconds, he won by 11.

Told ya I wasn't paying full attention!! Thought it was a lot closer.

Still think he hadn't a prayer, he was burning through questions at an awful rate.

How's our Dub going to do???

Sour head on Paul :D

Sour head on Paul :D

He wasn't best pleased at that!! Will there be another twitter storm tonight?

Yer man was good (if a teeny bit lucky at the end).

You think they might be playing up to the cameras with the interactions with contestants, but it seems Mark actually hates Mohammed.

https://twitter.com/MarkLabbett/status/1347291705318526982

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The Beast seems to be very irritable and insulting of late. I don't think he is just putting it on any more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement