Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Install brand new electric shower

Options
  • 16-01-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'd like to get an electric shower installed in the upstairs bathroom. There is only the bath taps there at the moment, so I assume this means adding new piping and somehow getting power from the fuse board downstairs up to the bathroom. I think there is enough pressure for it to come off the mains, but obviously I'd defer to an experts opinion!

Does anyone know roughly how much this would cost? Is it ok if I provide the shower myself? (I could probably buy it online).

Could someone recommend an electrician/plumber to do this in the Athlone area? What kind of qualifications should I check that the person have?

Thanks for any advice!

Advertisement