Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4: use upgraded games from ps3?

Options
  • 16-01-2014 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys! About that 9.99 euro promotion to upgrade a ps3 game for ps4.. my friend has cod ghosts and bf4 for ps3 and both have code.. he will give me codes to use in my ps4 but my question is: the ps3 CD that needs to be in the ps4 to play has to be my friend's CD that came with code? Or can I use any used copy? Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 That Random Irish Gamer

not 100% on this, but i'm fairly sure that once you put in the code, you will be able to download the game onto your PS4, no disc necessary. Anyway, as far as i know, PS3 discs wont run on a PS4, seeing as it isn't backwards compatible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

not 100% on this, but i'm fairly sure that once you put in the code, you will be able to download the game onto your PS4, no disc necessary. Anyway, as far as i know, PS3 discs wont run on a PS4, seeing as it isn't backwards compatible.

Discs are necessary with the way the OP is describing.

My bad. just did a little research. what you do is:

1. redeem the code in the PS3 playstation store
    2. go onto your PS4 and go into the PS store. (make sure you're logged into the same PSN account)
    3. go to the 'PS3 to PS4' tab and look for the game that you put the code in for
    4. you should now be able to buy your upgrade for €10
    5. go to 'checkout' and download your game
    6. once game is downloaded, insert your PS3 disc and you should be ready to play

Hope this helps! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

im downloading ghosts this way at the moment & its taking forever , hope it works just the same as physical copy of ps4 version would

& to OP you definitely need original copy to play once downloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

which games cant you upgrade? i heard you cant upgrade fifa14, does the same apply to madden because i know you can for bf4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Can't do it for Madden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

games you can upgrade and dates that you have to do it by are -

31 January 2014 (Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag),
    28 March 2014 (Battlefield 4)
    31 March 2014 (Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, NBA 2K14 and Call of Duty: Ghosts).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ollieohyeah

AC Blag Flag is on sale in Gamestop for 35 for PS3.

Does this mean you can buy this and then upgrade for €10 more on the store and have it for PS4??:cool:

AC Blag Flag is on sale in Gamestop for 35 for PS3.

Does this mean you can buy this and then upgrade for €10 more on the store and have it for PS4??:cool:

yep, pretty much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mk_Ultra01

Could anyone tell me if the code in assassins creed is a concealed one that has to be scratched off to be seen

• Advertisement
Advertisement