Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom disconnect

Options
  • 16-01-2014 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

If I port my phone number to upc will i have to pay eircom disconnect fee, any idea how much this will be.

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Generally you need to give an isp a month's notice of leaving (providing you have completed the inital 12 month contract. I have never seen any mention of a charge for actually porting the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

dub45 wrote: »
    Generally you need to give an isp a month's notice of leaving (providing you have completed the inital 12 month contract. I have never seen any mention of a charge for actually porting the number.
    No, not leaving upc, leaving eircom.

I should have said only phone line with eircom, I want to port that number to upc, is disconnect fee necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes, Eircom use a phone line, UPC use a fiber optic line, how long have you been with Eircom, better to ask them rather than UPC, your account is with Eircom. 

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Yes, Eircom use a phone line, UPC use a fiber optic line, how long have you been with Eircom, better to ask them rather than UPC, your account is with Eircom. 
    Been with them over 30 years.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

stanley1 wrote: »
    If I port my phone number to upc will i have to pay eircom disconnect fee, any idea how much this will be.

TIA

Hi stanley1

There would be a disconnection fee if a 30 day notice of intent to cancel is not given to eircom and if you are currently in contract with eircom.

For more information or for advice in providing notice of intent to move please contact cancellations on free phone 1901 (enter your landline when asked by the automated voice and then chose options 4 then 3 when prompted).

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭Virgin Media: Brian

stanley1 wrote: »

TIA
    Hi Stanley1, 

As you would be terminating your account with Eircom by porting your number away from them we'd recommend you contact Eircom with your account details and they can advise on this for you. 

Thanks. 

Advertisement