Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life/CareerCoach

Options
  • 16-01-2014 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Everyone

I'm looking for an excellent career/life coach.

I thought posting in this thread would be the best, as most business people always seem to know someone. I've done a big search online and the websites are so bad - not such a good impression!

Could anyone recommend someone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

If you are in business, you would be far better off getting a proper experienced business mentor. Any so called life coach I ever met was a failure/ got found out in their previous career. Perhaps others have a more positive narrative to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Special_K

Thanks Peter, I'm not suprised! It's not for business, it's more personal life and career.

Is there anyone like that - as in a coach - and not necessarily a business coach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Special_K wrote: »
    Thanks Peter, I'm not suprised! It's not for business, it's more personal life and career.

Is there anyone like that - as in a coach - and not necessarily a business coach?

Then I would suggest you are on the wrong forum! :)

Yes, there is no other fourm I can find that suits. Just thought that some business mentors/coaches usually do career stuff too.

Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

I have encountered many life coaches over the years, they swarm around networking events and business groups and never met a single one who impressed me.

Their websites are terrible because they don't have money to invest in them or get them made up for cheap, I find it amazing that executive coaches dont bother having a decent site - life coaches not so much.

I would contact the Samaritans before them.

• Advertisement

Thanks for sharing your expeience Buttercake.

Advertisement