Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacing 1000w spotlights with led spots

Options
  • 16-01-2014 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

hi, i had a look in the led thread but it seemed to be all about kitchen downlighters n garden pir's
    basically in my yard i've got three gewiss 1000w metal halide spotlights that i do have on 5-6 hours every evening this time of year. they light up the yard great but the meter speeds up a lot when they're on!
    i tried 500w but light wasnt good enough. basically i was wondering could someone tell me whether a 100w or 200w led spot would throw out the light as far as my existing lights? i dont want to buy them n then finding they wont do, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mickeyyy5000

enricoh wrote: »
    hi, i had a look in the led thread but it seemed to be all about kitchen downlighters n garden pir's
    basically in my yard i've got three gewiss 1000w metal halide spotlights that i do have on 5-6 hours every evening this time of year. they light up the yard great but the meter speeds up a lot when they're on!
    i tried 500w but light wasnt good enough. basically i was wondering could someone tell me whether a 100w or 200w led spot would throw out the light as far as my existing lights? i dont want to buy them n then finding they wont do, cheers

Simple
    your lamp 1000W=110 000 lumens
    LED lamp 200W=17 000 lumens

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

An induction spot light would also significantly reduce your load.

www.energysense.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/ESI-300W-Induction-Flood-Light.pdf

methinks you mean floodlights whistling.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

if you want lots of light you will need double the amount led lights

A lot can be achieved with several intermediate sources rather than one large one. I generally find you see more with 2 x 250w tungsten floods with decent coverage than one 500w.

• Advertisement
Advertisement