Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interpool scam locked browser

Options
  • 16-01-2014 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

was on line today and suddenly this interpool message came on my screen saying my browser is now locked untill i pay 100e fine .could not get it off the browser so i re started the computer and rebooted the whole thing .seems to have done the trick .running a full scan now with nortan security .all showing fine now .anything else i should check for ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

corkcity wrote: »
    was on line today and suddenly this interpool message came on my screen saying my browser is now locked untill i pay 100e fine .could not get it off the browser so i re started the computer and rebooted the whole thing .seems to have done the trick .running a full scan now with nortan security .all showing fine now .anything else i should check for ?
    Nope its a web based version that attempts to get you to download malware. I'd highly recommended upgrading to an Adblock friendly browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to prevent this in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭corkcity

i am running firefox.so do i need to do anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

corkcity wrote: »
    i am running firefox.so do i need to do anything else?
    Great, make sure its up to date and install Adblock:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

Also, disabling the Java extension is a huge benefit to security unless its needed for a particular site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Also the Firefox plugin "NoScript" and "FlashBlock" will help protect you when surfing the web.

They block JavaScript and Flash scripting on all sites and you have to explicitly allow them for each site you visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭corkcity

thanks for the replys
    much appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement