Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No broadband since December 18th

Options
  • 16-01-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

I am a Dublin Resident, & would like to know if there is any update on my internet fault. The following is an account of my experience:
    December 18th - no internet, call placed to eircom, I was sent out a new router.
    December 22nd - Router received, still no internet. Call again placed to eircom, they said they would send out someone to have a look. I never got a call, but according to eircom's records some one did come out apparently on the 23rd.
    December 23rd - my complaint was heard again, eircom said they wouldn't be able to send some one out until the 6th. They gave me a two hour window in which the maintenance person would call to my home. He never showed.
    Jan 6- after ringing eircom again they arranged for a third maintenance person to come on the 9th. Third time lucky I thought.
    Jan 9th - Third promised maintenance person did not show, without even a phone call. Brian from the eircom call centre in cork assured me the problem would be fixed in "48hours definitely".
    Jan 10th - another representative of eircom tells me "the next few days"
    Jan 12th - I stopped an eircom bloke in the local filling station who was topping his eircom van up with diesel, I asked had he any idea what the problem was. Straight away he asked if i lived in Old Connaught House? I did. Told me there was an issue with the cabling, or something, I didn't really understand.
    Jan 14th - I get billed €48.
    Jan 16 - I'm promised "2 working days"

So, any further information on what is going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Len_007 wrote: »
    I am a Dublin Resident, & would like to know if there is any update on my internet fault. The following is an account of my experience:
    December 18th - no internet, call placed to eircom, I was sent out a new router.
    December 22nd - Router received, still no internet. Call again placed to eircom, they said they would send out someone to have a look. I never got a call, but according to eircom's records some one did come out apparently on the 23rd.
    December 23rd - my complaint was heard again, eircom  said they wouldn't be able to send some one out until the 6th. They gave me a two hour window in which the maintenance person would call to my home. He never showed.
    Jan 6- after ringing eircom again they arranged for a third maintenance person to come on the 9th. Third time lucky I thought.
    Jan 9th - Third promised maintenance person did not show, without even a phone call. Brian from the eircom call centre in cork assured me the problem would be fixed in "48hours definitely".
    Jan 10th - another representative of eircom tells me "the next few days"
    Jan 12th - I stopped an eircom bloke in the local filling station who was topping his eircom van up with diesel, I asked had he any idea what the problem was. Straight away he asked if i lived in Old Connaught House? I did. Told me there was an issue with the cabling, or something, I didn't really understand.
    Jan 14th - I get billed €48.
    Jan 16 - I'm promised "2 working days"

So, any further information on what is going on?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Len_007

I see a moderator (Colm) from eircoms community forum is currently looking into this and should be back to you with news very soon.

Thanks

Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Looking forward to your reply.

Looking forward to your reply.
    Hi Len_007

I see that Colm has got back to you on the eircom forum.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Ok thanks alan

Ok thanks alan
    No worries Len_007

• Advertisement
Advertisement