Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get plug adapter to work

Options
  • 16-01-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I feel like I must be missing something very obvious, because I've been searching for other people having this problem and can't find it. I bought this plug adapter here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000P0FIUM/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I'm trying to plug an American plug in to it, but there are these shield things that are blocking the two prongs, you can see them in the picture there, and I have no idea how I'm supposed to be opening these shield to allow these prongs to get in there.

I hope I'm not being too stupid here. It seems that they do slide backwards, but I can't get anything small enough with enough strength to open them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭martin6651

That's for a 3 prong type plug where the top prong opens the other two slots. Push something into the top slot and the other 2 should open.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭xK Marcus

martin6651 wrote: »
    That's for a 3 prong type plug where the top prong opens the other two slots. Push something into the top slot and the other 2 should open.

I've tried that, it doesn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

They can be just quite poor designs.
    You may need to push the plug pretty forcefully to get it in.

I'd suggest getting a different type of adapter if it won't work.

Advertisement