Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Duathlon Series

Options
  • 16-01-2014 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this has been mentioned around these parts but seeing as this is the T/D/A forum I thought I'd bring it to people's attention.

Personally I'm not bothered, the early season duathlons act as a way to get race ready for the upcoming tri season and also are a bit of fun. As it happens I have already paid for 2 races and the NC race. The scoring system seems to be very similar to that of the ITU World Series scoring.

While I may not be taking this seriously it will be welcomed by all those that struggle with swimming and love to bike/run and I'd be lying if I said that I won't be checking my ranking...that's my nature...I like being ranked :)

So early prediction here...if CATHAL O' DONOVAN decides to do the series - nobody will touch him, I hear he is running well! I guess Paul Carroll will be there too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Saw Cathal post a high 15 for a 5k run race recently so certainly likely to be the fastest runner in the duathlon scene at present anyway.

I'd imagine he will defo compete in it, and in fairness swept the floor last year but bound to be a few looking towards it as well who will defo have their work cut out going on his run shape if he stays injury free.
    Anything can happen I guess.

I think it's a good idea and will boost the duathlon scene.

As it happens, I too have a couple of these pencilled in for some early speed sessions so will probably look to complete the 2 required and am entered for the NC already also.

Should be some added fun and competition which is always welcomed.

Wonder if there was any truth to the rumour Cathal was looking to start swimming last year with a view to doing tri's this season.... ?

Advertisement