Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beretta Ireland gone!!

Options
  • 16-01-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

So heard today from 2 different People that Beretta Ireland is gone in the next few weeks???
    They were saying that they were'nt making any money.
    Now all the RFD's in Ireland have to get there guns from the UK
    so im guessing more expensive?

Has anyone else heard anything?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It's already gone, and has been for some months now.

GMK are the main distributors/suppliers to Ireland. They used to supply Ardee Sports, and McCloys in the North. The still supply McCloys (afaik). I believe they will be supplying some dealers directly, but there will not be a "main distributor/supplier) like Ardee again.

Beretta prices have been slowly going up over the last few months to a year. Realistically the prices should actually be more competitive as there is no "middle man" to take a cut of the profits and now it's supplier to dealer to customer.

Some time ago, before i bought my new Beretta, i done some checking. I found a huge difference in prices between dealers for the same gun. Some as much as €400 for the exact same model. So it's definitely worth your while to look around and do not accept anything told to you as Gospel.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Ardee were supplied direct from Beretta in Italy. They lost the distribution last year as Beretta had increased there shareholding in GMK in the UK and they decided to supply the Irish market direct.

More info here: http://www.gmk.co.uk/index.php?p=about

As far as I know there is 7 or 8 appointed dealers in the ROI now which should hopefully lead to better prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

I remember seeing on their facebook page back in november that knocknagoshel shooting shop was announced the sole dealer for them in munster by Gmk

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

no12 wrote: »
    Ardee were supplied direct from Beretta in Italy. They lost the distribution last year as Beretta had increased there shareholding in GMK in the UK and they decided to supply the Irish market direct.

More info here: http://www.gmk.co.uk/index.php?p=about

As far as I know there is 7 or 8 appointed dealers in the ROI now which should hopefully lead to better prices.

Looking at GMK,s website shows 5 appointed dealers in County Down. they will probably appoint more dealers in the Republic,more competition,better prices to us hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ak204

duckman!! wrote: »
    So heard today from 2 different People that Beretta Ireland is gone in the next few weeks???
    They were saying that they were'nt making any money.
    Now all the RFD's in Ireland have to get there guns from the UK
    so im guessing more expensive?

Has anyone else heard anything?

I heard a few weeks ago. Tom kierwen of Lakelands Is taking over as far as I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

ak204 wrote: »
    I heard a few weeks ago. Tom kierwen of Lakelands Is taking over as far as I know

That certainly won't lower prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Lads I think your missing something here. Beretta did decide to go direct to the dealers here to cut out the "middle man". They did this to maximise their own profits so don't expect the price Beretta guns to go down as dealers will be buying them at the same price from GMK as they got them from Ardee Sports. The most worrying thing here for Beretta owners is service... If you have a problem with your gun an appointed dealer will have to send it back to GMK for repair if it cant be fixed here... What does this mean, it means if the problem requires return you will be without your gun for up to 3 months which will not be good for anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Mezamo wrote: »
    Lads I think your missing something here. Beretta did decide to go direct to the dealers here to cut out the "middle man". They did this to maximise their own profits so don't expect the price Beretta guns to go down as dealers will be buying them at the same price from GMK as they got them from Ardee Sports. The most worrying thing here for Beretta owners is service... If you have a problem with your gun an appointed dealer will have to send it back to GMK for repair if it cant be fixed here... What does this mean, it means if the problem requires return you will be without your gun for up to 3 months which will not be good for anyone!

Beretta have appointed a Repair Agent here in Ireland who will handle any repairs that are required. Walter Blacklaw in Wexford as far as i am aware. All guns undergo a pre dispatch inspection before leaving the UK to ensure that the returns/repairs are kept to a minimum.

As I said there is a selection of dealers appointed to my knowledge they are: Courtlough, Lakelands, Knocknagoshel, John Lambert, Atlantic, McBrides, Sportsden, Red Mills and could be 1 or 2 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

ormondprop wrote: »
    I remember seeing on their facebook page back in november that knocknagoshel shooting shop was announced the sole dealer for them in munster by Gmk

God help us:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

no12 wrote: »
    Beretta have appointed a Repair Agent here in Ireland who will handle any repairs that are required. Walter Blacklaw in Wexford as far as i am aware.

Walter is an excellent gunsmith, just hope he has access to a good supply of spare parts. Nothing worse than waiting for a part to be shipped from the manufacturer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Cass wrote: »
    It's already gone, and has been for some months now.
    I was talking to a dealer today and he said Beretta Ireland still have a bit of stock left there trying to get rid of but in random models and lenths (682 trap in 30'', 686 sporter in 32'' and so on)
    Cass wrote: »
    Some time ago, before i bought my new Beretta, i done some checking. I found a huge difference in prices between dealers for the same gun. Some as much as €400 for the exact same model. So it's definitely worth your while to look around and do not accept anything told to you as Gospel.
    In Galway i got a quote for a 682 sporter 30'' from 2 dealers........1st was €2300. 2nd was €3400 :eek: and there shops are no more then 20 mins from each other!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

duckman!! wrote: »
    I was talking to a dealer today and he said Beretta Ireland still have a bit of stock left there trying to get rid of.............
    The thing is there is no Beretta Ireland. As said it was Ardee and no doubt they have stock left. I found this out some 4 months ago (or so) when looking for a specific choke for my shotgun. They had one, but only one. Like you said i asked them about certain models and was told "none in stock" or "none left", etc.
    In Galway i got a quote for a 682 sporter 30'' from 2 dealers........1st was €2300. 2nd was €3400 :eek: and there shops are no more then 20 mins from each other!!!!
    It's not just shotguns. It's a lot of items. I don't mind the smaller stuff as driving to save a few quid is pointless and could cost you more, however some things are simply ridiculous. My CZ when i bought it. I was quoted between €675 down to €550 for it. Nightforces going for €1850 in one shop, and €2,300 in another. The same model rifle in the same caliber going for €950 in one shop and €1,100 in another.

This debate came up before and probably has numerous times over the years, and it was argued about costs in premises, staff, utilities, etc. Fair enough, but if i can get the same item elsewhere and cheaper why would i pay the higher amount. So with higher business costs hence higher prices and a decrease in sales due to the higher prices, how much longer are they expecting to go on for?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

rsole1 wrote: »
    That certainly won't lower prices.

Yeah, the home of good value indeed.....

Advertisement