Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turf prices

Options
  • 16-01-2014 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Just looking for info on prices of turf. Lad called this evening selling bags of turf at €3.50 a bag. I asked about a trailer load instead and he told me he'd call tomorrow with a price. The trailer is an 8x4 builders trailer with side mesh on it. Any ideas roughly what it should be.
    Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Lad I work with was selling it upto this year. I'll ask him in the morning and let you know what he was charging. He was selling it around 3.50 a bag though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

He said he was charging about €90 per tonne and you should get 1.5 tonne in that trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

guil wrote: »
    He said he was charging about €90 per tonne and you should get 1.5 tonne in that trailer.

Thanks for that , he came in at €150

Advertisement