Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Railways Video Thread

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Nothing special but was out for a walk last week and heard the unmistakable rumble off in the distance so made my way over and took a video.

https://streamable.com/nwpo1c

Nice A class flyby as well.
    Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Fratello wrote: »

Nice A class flyby as well.
    Enjoy.

And a "dutch" van tagging a lift behind the vac braked mark 2's and van earlier on.

ITG Beet Campaigner Railtour when railtours were great.

ITG Tuam Freight Liner Railtour.

At 16:18 you will see the remains of loco K801. At this stage it was beyond saving. If only there was diesel loco preservation in the 1970's it would have been saved.

Video is great anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Csalem

Evening all,

Recently while going through an external hard-drive I found some video clips I recorded of trains between 2007 and 2012. Most of them I put on YouTube at the time as individual clips but I thought it might be interesting to combine them now into longer videos, grouped by years. The timeframe will be broen into four parts, and have uploaded Part 1 tonight which covers just 2007.

Things to note - as they were recorded fifteen years ago the picture quality is not high-definition 4k, but rather 480p. Also some of the clips are short as my primary focus back then was to photograph the train rather than take a video of it.

That being said, I hope they are of interest as they include some long lost scenes. 2007 was when we still had orange 071s and 201s on Mark 2d, Mark 3, Mark 3a and Mark 3 push/pull sets. The Enterprise was still in original livery, apart from full yellow ends on the carriage driving cabs. And as featured a number of times in this video, the late summer brought loco-hauled GAA specials to Dublin Connolly.

Parts 2 to 4 will be uploaded over the course of the next week or so.

Hope you enjoy!

Part 2 is now online, and covers 2008 and 2009. Included in this compilation is 146 releasing a Mark 3 set in Limerick, 082 in final Sligo timber and a few other locos and DMUs.

Enjoy!

Part 3 in the series covers 2010 and 2011. Included is 112 on the Tara, a Luas towing another Luas and a steam train.

Enjoy!

This festive season ends with the fourth and final part of this series which covers 2012. Most of these clips haven't been posted on YouTube before, and include an evening on Gormanston and a trip on the DCDR in Downpatrick.

Hi,

It seems the four-part series I shared at Christmas is in fact a 6 part series. Recently I found more clips on some SD chips that I haven't shared before. They cover more of 2012 and 2014.

So 2012 Part 2 is now online, feature 2700 DMUs, 8113 on a ballast, more Enterprise and Tara Mines trains on Northern line and some steam action. Will post 2014 on Monday.

• Advertisement

Final video from series is from 2014, and features scenes at Gormanston and Balbriggan, including a 29000 hauling a DART:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Something a little different. (Also posted on the virtual trains thread which is in Aviation for some reason.

Advertisement