Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 2 Reports

Options
  • 16-01-2014 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭

Ravens beat the CPU Steelers 21-14

Very nervous tight game the Steelers led most of it

The difference came down to special teams. Torrey Smith with a kickoff return for a TD and Deonte Thompson with a kickoff return for 65yd which the offense followed up on to score.

Flacco only passed 6 times but these were long bombs which were very risky. Rice with around 30 carries or so

Suggs with 3 sacks, player of the game

My starting TE Dennis Pitta out for 6 weeks with a dislocated elbow :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Aarrggghhh

Colts were losing against the Jags in the 1st quarter and my internet goes down, feck sake, at least now i know whats going to happen in the restart.

Colts defeat Jags 31-24.

Play of the Game: Colts Jerricho Cotchery on the Jags 40 yard line running with the ball with a 1st down, so i press RT to protect the Ball and he then proceeded to throw it away to a jags defender who runs all the way for a TD.

I was F***in pi$$ed when that happened so i just Ran and Ran and Ran the ball.

Jags had 326 yards passing, didnt even get that in 2 games against me last season to the Colts 82 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭rugbydan92

panthers cardinals

newton 164 yards passing 3td 1int
    arizona had 204 total yards against a stout panthers d that had 4 picks and a couple of sacks. kueckly shows flashes of dominance his stats didnt do him justice because he constantly knocked that catch loose instead of making the tackle.

final score car 31-14 arz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Got a self inflicted beating from Perrins Super Bowl winning Chiefs 38-17. Game over after the first qtr as Rodgers couldn't get the fricking ball past Berry. We messed about after it became 38-7 which was fun, spent my time shutting down Charles to the same avg yards as my back up runner. Rodgers has some slicker running skills than I'd previously thought. Much fun but I played a very poor game. Well done Perrin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints beat the Redskins 28-14.

This was a pretty methodical, tactical, defensive battle for the most part. One of the more enjoyable games I have played of this version as it was a bit of a throwback to the older versions of Madden as stops were actually possible.

Both teams had 2 turnovers each but the Saints managed to get 5 sacks in compared to 0 for the Redskins which resulted in some long third downs for Pudsy and this was most likely what swung the game in my favour.

Cheers for the game mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Enjoyable game alright. The two big issue were not managing to convert turnovers into points on offense and not being able to stop the screen on defense. Loads of times I had linebackers bearing down on Sproles while he waited for the screen, but I'd always try to smash him and always miss :mad: Need to start winning soon or I could be out of the playoff mix pretty early.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Beat up on the CPU Raiders 49-19.

Got 3 sacks and 5 INTs, got a few reps out of Mallett as well.

Impressed with free agency acquisition Danario Alexander as he went off with 6 ctahces for 123yds and 4 TDs

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gary Ibbotson

It is physically impossible to stop Adrian Pererson. Id fill the box and stop him for only like a 4 yard gain most of the time but every so often he'd take it for a 40 yard run. I think he finished with nearly 250 yards! Also, because i commited to stop the run so much after every like 4 or 5 plays they'd throw in a play action and I was burned! Message of this post is I got destroyed by the Vikes and AP is impossible to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

It is physically impossible to stop Adrian Pererson. Id fill the box and stop him for only like a 4 yard gain most of the time but every so often he'd take it for a 40 yard run. I think he finished with nearly 250 yards! Also, because i commited to stop the run so much after every like 4 or 5 plays they'd throw in a play action and I was burned! Message of this post is I got destroyed by the Vikes and AP is impossible to stop.

Sort of a baptism of fire for you! Ap is ridiculous and it would be even tougher to stop him if we didn't have the sliders. What was the score?

Raoul wrote: »
    Sort of a baptism of fire for you! Ap is ridiculous and it would be even tougher to stop him if we didn't have the sliders. What was the score?

Honestly I couldnt tell you, in my disgust i turned it off as soon as it was over and tried to erase it from my memory. I think it was 50 something to 20 something

• Advertisement

Honestly I couldnt tell you, in my disgust i turned it off as soon as it was over and tried to erase it from my memory. I think it was 50 something to 20 something

Although there was a glimmer of hope. Calvin went in with 200 plus yards but it was only slight consolation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Although there was a glimmer of hope. Calvin went in with 200 plus yards but it was only slight consolation

Well not many people have been able to stop ap.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Wrecked from work, but that game against Gatsby has me even more so.

Eagles win by one, 43-42, in hectic fashion.

Gatsby can most certainly call himself unlucky on this one. A fumble when he was up by 7, inside the 2 min warning, let me back into the game. Eagles went back to pull it 35-35.

Gatsby and the Falcons went down the field and made the score 35-42 with 40 seconds on the clock. He kicks one deep into the End Zone, and after clearing the end zone most of the game, this one Banks is able to take out, and runs it all the way back for 6. Eagles go for two pointer and go up by one. 30 seconds left.

Falcons manage to get into Field Goal range with 3 seconds left, and unfortunately for Gatsby, the ball comes back off the cross bar.

Still worried about Barkley's arm. Doesn't have the power I want for some of the throws. One on an out route was picked. His other interception I just completely misread the situation. Both QBs ended with 4 TDs and 2 INTs, although Barkely was under 300 yards, and Matty Ice was circa 400, I believe.

Gatsby is probably fuming about that fumble when he had the game seemingly sewn up, and you'd have to feel for him. I thought I was dead and buried.

Had my own fumble on Barkley's first throw of the day, on a series that came about off the back of a Williams INT with Falcons in Eagles half. McCoy made 40 yards rushing and Eagles were 15-20 yards out. Play action to Maclin, who caught the ball only to fumble on the hit and turn it over at the Falcons' eight.

Gatsby went down and got 7, and I answered back. Then he ended up going into half time leading 21-7, as I tried to force it too much in the final stages of 2nd quarter.

Pulled 7 back after getting the ball from kickoff, and Gatsby answered back again, leading to the 28-14. A TD by Falcons, and then an INT thrown to Barwin, ultimately set up the 35-21 that proceeded the madness above.

As I said though, was quite lucky. Couldn't stop his offense although I had a couple of occasions where I moved players right in front of his player, mainly his TE McCoy, knowing he was going to throw there, and yet the ball somehow went through my man and he went for a big gain. That frustrated the hell out of me.

Good game, again Gatsby. Hard luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Knex. wrote: »
    Wrecked from work, but that game against Gatsby has me even more so.

Eagles win by one, 43-42, in hectic fashion.

Gatsby can most certainly call himself unlucky on this one. A fumble when he was up by 7, inside the 2 min warning, let me back into the game. Eagles went back to pull it 35-35.

Gatsby and the Falcons went down the field and made the score 35-42 with 40 seconds on the clock. He kicks one deep into the End Zone, and after clearing the end zone most of the game, this one Banks is able to take out, and runs it all the way back for 6. Eagles go for two pointer and go up by one. 30 seconds left.

Falcons manage to get into Field Goal range with 3 seconds left, and unfortunately for Gatsby, the ball comes back off the cross bar.

Still worried about Barkley's arm. Doesn't have the power I want for some of the throws. One on an out route was picked. His other interception I just completely misread the situation. Both QBs ended with 4 TDs and 2 INTs, although Barkely was under 300 yards, and Matty Ice was circa 400, I believe.

Gatsby is probably fuming about that fumble when he had the game seemingly sewn up, and you'd have to feel for him. I thought I was dead and buried.

Had my own fumble on Barkley's first throw of the day, on a series that came about off the back of a Williams INT with Falcons in Eagles half. McCoy made 40 yards rushing and Eagles were 15-20 yards out. Play action to Maclin, who caught the ball only to fumble on the hit and turn it over at the Falcons' eight.

Gatsby went down and got 7, and I answered back. Then he ended up going into half time leading 21-7, as I tried to force it too much in the final stages of 2nd quarter.

Pulled 7 back after getting the ball from kickoff, and Gatsby answered back again, leading to the 28-14, and ultimately the 35-21 that proceeded the madness above.

As I said though, was quite lucky. Couldn't stop his offense although I had a couple of occasions where I moved players right in front of his player, mainly his TE McCoy, knowing he was going to throw there, and yet the ball somehow went through my man and he went for a big gain. That frustrated the hell out of me.

Good game, again Gatsby. Hard luck!

You're right about the frustration! I do feel I should have won that game although I think I was lucky with a couple of passes not being picked.

Firstly, the fumble was just horrible luck. But that pass to Roddy just before the TD that put me up 35-42 was worse. There were about 30 seconds left, it was 1st and 10 and you had 1 time out. Since I was on the 2YD line I could have just knelt it out and ran the clock down to kick the FG rather than running it in for the TD.

When you went for two I was waiting to see what formation you picked so I could pick my defensive one. But no, as soon as you picked your formation madden just decided to throw me out in a FG block formation so I just had to audible to one quickly.

Then the crossbar...a 52YD FG. I had full kick power which is frustrating.

But, what can you do. Very worried about my defence this year, they can't stop anything, pass or run. Matt Ryan is already close to 1000YDs which is good.

Anyway, very good game. Some very annoying parts and crap for both sides but it was a close one that came down to the wire. Good luck with the season

Didn't know you came out in FG formation. Sorry about that man!

Likewise, best of luck in the remainder of the season.

I know how you feel Gatsby regarding madden, in my game v the jags, as my player was running for a likely TD, i pressed RB to protect the ball only for him to threw to a jags player who then ran it all the way back for a TD.

Fortunately i hung on to win though.

I know how you feel Gatsby regarding madden, in my game v the jags, as my player was running for a likely TD, i pressed RB to protect the ball only for him to threw to a jags player who then ran it all the way back for a TD.

Fortunately i hung on to win though.

Did that a few times last year. What happens is, LB is a lateral pass, and that leads to madness. Like I have done before, you probably pressed both the bumper buttons, and the left slightly before the right.

Learnt the hard way, unfortunately.

Knex. wrote: »
    Did that a few times last year. What happens is, LB is a lateral pass, and that leads to madness. Like I have done before, you probably pressed both the bumper buttons, and the left slightly before the right.

Learnt the hard way, unfortunately.

Nope just pressed RB, its something i never do but i was struggling against their D, so made sure i was pressing correctly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bengals @ Titans

I receive and am on 3rd and inches but get stopped, easy screen score for the bengals.. then i throw an int.. TD shortly after
    Wright TD
    DJ williams then picks off a pass around the 30 yard line, Mariani TD.

It should be a titans pick but its dropped, Titans are in the redzone... then throw a pick.. bad decision making, Titans then give up 2 big plays in a row, Bengals on the 4 yard line, but then Griffin picks off a pass.
    titans cant get out of their own redzone though and punt, Titans pick off a garbage time pass

HT and its 14-14 and probably a fair reflection given the mistakes by both sides

Another mistake and i blow coverage on Green and ill never catch him.

Good drive finished off by a Wright TD

Easy TD for the Bengals..

I get stopped on 3rd down in the redzone.. i go for it.. i get it..

TD Johnson

28-28 with 6:06

Verner then picks off a pass

I go PA.. nothings on.. i roll out.. get sacked.. Lockers injured but hes ok..
    I then throw an int..

I then drop a pick then a big ass screen play.. Then griffin picks off a pass 2 yards out!

Washington gets injured.. a good johnson run seals the game and i kick a FG as time expires..

Some Stats:

Titans with 430 yard of offense, 161 rushing
    Bengals with 418 yards,376 rushing

Locker was 23 from 31, 283 yards,3 TDs, 3 ints

Dalton was 12 from 21, 376 yards , 4 TDs, 5 ints

Johnson had a good dayt,161 yards,1 TD with an average of 7.3yards

AJ green gets a monster 179 yards and 2 TDs
    Bernard gets124 yards and 1 TD
    Wright gets72 yards and 2 TDs

Unlucky Adrian, very much could have went either way with the ball turning over so much

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, one of those whoever had it last was going to win, had my chance, should have ran it instead of throwing a stupid pick.

• Advertisement

Titans now favourites for AFC South.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans now favourites for AFC South.

Crazy man!

Crazy man!

Dont try to play down your chances now Heli, 2-0 with a nice looking schedule.

Playoff Bound

Dont try to play down your chances now Heli, 2-0 with a nice looking schedule.

Playoff Bound

hmm

time will tell, given my last few seasons ill wait til im in the play offs, need to beat the texans though

hmm

time will tell, given my last few seasons ill wait til im in the play offs, need to beat the texans though

Not at all, 2 of ye will go through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

hmm

My ears were burning...ye my schedule is harsh so I'd be lucky to win it out tho heli does love giving me last gasp second wins ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

hmm

My ears were burning...ye my schedule is harsh so I'd be lucky to win it out tho heli does love giving me last gasp second wins ;)

if that happens again, i will be booting you from the bloody league!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Jets overcome Texans 38-21

Good battle with offences dominant. Stars were Texans Andre Johnson, 8 catches for 162 yards and Jets Mike Goodson, 216yds and 2TD. However Matt Schaub threw 4 picks which was the difference in the game.

Once again I did my get an interception and immediately lateral the ball, losing it back to the opposition, ya just gotta laugh when you do stuff like that !

Enjoyed our chat, good luck with your season !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

A division rival loses

Thank you Titans :)

Advertisement