If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micro Hifi or Amp & Speakers

Options
  • 17-01-2014 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to replace the radio in my kitchen (which recently packed it in) and at the same time upgrade the sound from my smart t.v. As it's only in the kitchen, space and budget are tight, around the €150 mark if possible. I was thinking something like the Pioneer X HM21 K would suit or (using your Christmas Sale newsletter as a guide) a cheap Amp and speakers like the Cambridge AM1/Tibo or even Wharefdale diamond 9.0's combo and get a radio some time down the line.

Could I get a few prices on the above please including delivery to Kildare. Other suggestions welcome, I'm not too bothered about the ipod docks, dab, streaming etc and I already have a bluetooth audio receiver.

Thanks,

Davy

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

DavyC2 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to replace the radio in my kitchen (which recently packed it in) and at the same time upgrade the sound from my smart t.v. As it's only in the kitchen, space and budget are tight, around the €150 mark if possible. I was thinking something like the Pioneer X HM21 K would suit or (using your Christmas Sale newsletter as a guide) a cheap Amp and speakers like the Cambridge AM1/Tibo or even Wharefdale diamond 9.0's combo and get a radio some time down the line.

Could I get a few prices on the above please including delivery to Kildare. Other suggestions welcome, I'm not too bothered about the ipod docks, dab, streaming etc and I already have a bluetooth audio receiver.

Thanks,

Davy
    Davy,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - unfortuately we are completely sold out of the Pioneer XHM21 and I dont have any delivery info.

The best deal I would have for you would be the Teac CRH260i which is a fantastic little micro including CD/ FM Tuner and DAB tuner / SD Card Bluetooth / USB ( but no speakers) - It's great value at £179.95 but I can do it on a Boardie special including the Gale 3010s speakers at just £199.95 ( I know it blows the budget a bit!) its pretty ideal for a Kitchen as it has a built in clock and alarm timer as well.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/mini-hi-fi/teac/crh260idab/teac-crh260i

If you wanted to head down the separates route we can do the Cambridge AM1 with the Gale 3010s at £119.90 ( unfortunately the Wharfedales are out of stock at the moment :( ) and of course you can use your bluetooth streamer with this combo to stream radio from your PC / Pad or Phone.

Delivery to Kildare for either of these combos would be £12.95.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

John,

Thanks for the prompt reply, it certainly does blow the budget alright but then again it is my birthday next week :-) I'll have a think about it anyway and get back to you.

Thanks again,

Davy.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

DavyC2 wrote: »
    John,

Thanks for the prompt reply, it certainly does blow the budget alright but then again it is my birthday next week :-) I'll have a think about it anyway and get back to you.

Thanks again,

Davy.
    Hi Davy,

Bit early but Happy Birthday :)

Keep us posted and we'll make sure we get you sorted.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.