Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2014

Options
  • 17-01-2014 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I seen a few announcements on the Life facebook page that an announcement is imminent, just thinking of possible headliners, Jon Hopkins is playing Sonar a few weeks later and seeing that Life use some of the same organisers he could be in for a shout there, I hoping maybe Moderat too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

There was meant to be an announcement on Wednesday but nothing was said, still waiting on the first batch of acts to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Tensnake and Dixon confirmed according to their booking agent's website

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

great stuff.
    never seen either but Dixon got RA's top DJ of 2013 so looking forward to him, and Tensnake's recent stuff has been really good, enjoyed his BR set too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Quietyou

Always wanted to go to this, is there a good crowd there or are there a fair few scummers?

Quietyou wrote: »
    Always wanted to go to this, is there a good crowd there or are there a fair few scummers?
    mostly good crowd. more scummers than at something like EP, but nowhere near Oxegen/commercial dance gig levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Looks like BodyTonic involved this year. Are they normally?

Sounds like a line-up announcement on Tuesday.

http://ow.ly/sIpuR

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Bodytonic hosted the dance tent at the first 5 Electric Picnics, they split from EP after the dance tent was moved to the closet camping area, usually its Neutronyx who were behind Life Festival, they are still involved I think with the Goa trance stage or psi trance village, but I think Bodytonic were involved in the 2008 Life Festival, didn't they run the Breakology Tent.

Is there a decent drum n bass stage at it?

Yep the Liquid Tent is the place for you, good drum n bass, dubstep and roots reggae at times, the cool brown tent just up from the main stage.
    Edit: How do I resize that, that is absolutely massive, can anyone resize that image for me lol.

liquid-tent1.jpg

Ticket bought. €109 for 3 days is a bargain. God/allah/buddah/tooth fairy help my liver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Toying with the idea of heading to this for the first time this year.

Is there a day ticket option normally?

No mention of them on the website...

I'm looking at Jon Hopkins gig schedule he is playing at festival in Italy on 24th May, with nothing announced for 23rd or 25th May, here's hoping.

Toying with the idea of heading to this for the first time this year.

Is there a day ticket option normally?

No mention of them on the website...
    Not last year that I can recall anyway. Think in previous years they might have sold day tickets on the gate if it hadn't sold out though.

6pm this evening for the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

On The Record just released the lineup - some great acts there
    Four Tet (live set from Kieran Hebden)
    LFO (live set from the original of the Warp species)
    Maya Jane Coles (yeah!)
    Dixon
    Tensnake (hell yeah!)
    Ben Klock (the man who went bump-bump-bump in the woods at the Electric Picnic)
    DJ Koze
    Joy O
    Nina Kraviz
    Groove Armada
    Kormac’s Big Band
    Ben Pearce
    Waze & Odyssey
    Nathan Fake
    New Jackson Live
    Sunil Sharpe
    Barry Redsetta
    Red Bull Music Academy
    Apartment Records
    Lunar Disko Djs
    Frank B
    Lumigraph
    Hunt & Gather present Cirque Noir

Nice lineup, glad I bought my ticket now!

Nice one, I have always wanted to see Four Tet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Yeah this definitely on the cards, saw a couple of the acts before but it still looks like a solid lineup, they seem to have taken a couple of acts from last years EP for this year

Is Joy O in fact Joy Orbison? I have always wanted to see him, did he ever play Ireland before, I see him in a lot of bills for festivals in the UK and Europe. I presume he will be playing in the Liquid Tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Is Joy O in fact Joy Orbison? I have always wanted to see him, did he ever play Ireland before, I see him in a lot of bills for festivals in the UK and Europe. I presume he will be playing in the Liquid Tent.

Yup Joy O is Joy Orbison. Ya he has played the Twisted Pepper in 2011 and 2012 and did a set in Bernard Shaw in 2011. Just played Twisted Pepper in November too. Highly recommend seeing him.

Liquid tent would be much too small for him, late on the RBMA stage would be more likely.

The RBMA stage will be bigger this year too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i think its great this festival is growing but i think the headline acts are becoming to serious and to "known" for life :P

and if i had anything to do with life, id book boddika, get him and joy o together at a set of decks and your laughing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

A V A wrote: »
    and if i had anything to do with life, id book boddika, get him and joy o together at a set of decks and your laughing :)

Boddika was there last year..

with joy o?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Yes, good line up so far I'm sure a few more top DJs will be added too.
    Looking forward to seeing Ben Klock, it's been a long time since I've seen him. I hope Dettmann comes along with him, they play together quite a bit.
    Also really looking forward to DJ Koze. I've never seen him but I thought the album he released last year 'Amygdala' was one of the best of 2013.
    Nina Kraviz is worth going to 'see'........hot!

acts that are on the RBMA stage:
    http://www.life-festival.com/red-bull-music-academy/

Four Tet (Live)
    LFO (Live)
    Joy O
    Nina Kraviz
    Dixon
    Ben Klock
    DJ Koze
    Nathan Fake

acts that are on the RBMA stage:
    http://www.life-festival.com/red-bull-music-academy/

Four Tet (Live)
    LFO (Live)
    Joy O
    Nina Kraviz
    Dixon
    Ben Klock
    DJ Koze
    Nathan Fake

they're all sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

A V A wrote: »
    they're all sh*t

Wow....hope you aren't wasting your money on a ticket then.

Idea - sod off to Tomorrowland. Lineup might suit you better.

Anyway, it would be really nice if the RBMA tent was bigger this year. Anyone in there for Blawan/Sunil Sharpe last year? Chockers!! And the only non-crowded bit was the front left corner where the mudpit was.

I need room to daaance!

Thank feck that most of the acts I really want to see are playing in the relative intimacy of the RBMA tent, and not at main-stage.

They were talking about increasing the capacity after the last festival, possibly to 7,500 to 10,000, but I hope they keep it small and intimate.

• Advertisement

SamAK wrote: »

Anyway, it would be really nice if the RBMA tent was bigger this year. Anyone in there for Blawan/Sunil Sharpe last year? Chockers!! And the only non-crowded bit was the front left corner where the mudpit was.

I need room to daaance!

They said on fb or twitter that the RBMA stage would have a larger capacity this year.
    Wasn't in there for blawan and sunil, but even for Boddika early in the night it was rammed!

Advertisement