Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2014

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Dodgy business...how are they getting the stuff in then? Very risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Nice to see articles like this which paint a good picture of the festival and seems the Garda consider it a decent crowd too
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/more-than-6-000-electronica-fans-brave-bad-weather-to-enjoy-life-festival-1.1808709

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Jello wrote: »
    Nice to see articles like this which paint a good picture of the festival and seems the Garda consider it a decent crowd too
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/more-than-6-000-electronica-fans-brave-bad-weather-to-enjoy-life-festival-1.1808709
    No thefts from tents? Hmm. Would there have been any point in me going to a guard when my bed was robbed from my tent? I doubt they can just look through every tent to find it. Still, I had an incredible festival meeting so many nice people...techno rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Right I have checked the Red Bull site and its as sh1t as the RTE Pulse site, I cannot find a direct link to the Life festival streams, has anyone struck gold there yet, would love to listen back to some of the sets, I have no idea who was recorded. To the unfortunates who never made it this year did you tune in as Red Bull was involved with RTE Pulse, what sets were broadcast?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

sets will generally be put up/broadcast in the weeks after the event.
    none of the Red Bull stage sets from EP were ever put up, assuming they were broadcast at all.

2fm were broadcasting live from Life on Saturday night, haven't listened to see what sets (if any) went out live: http://www.rte.ie/2fm/the-spring-sessions/

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I got caught with one pill at Oxegen by an undercover last year and got fined €1500. Now I probably won't be able to go on Erasmus to Holland which is the whole reason I chose the college I did.

This is despite the fact that a guy before me got fined €1000 for having 32 pills.

The Garda told me on the day that the maximum fine I would get is around €100 and said more than likely I'd get nothing done to me.

I know that's pretty much off topic but I wanted to have a bit of a rant

That's ridiculous really. If someone has enough on them to supply then fair enough, but getting fined/a conviction over something like one pill is stupid, you would think they would leave lads off to enjoy the weekend.

At EP I was completely oblivious to undercover gardaí, after this weekend though I will be paying much closer attention in future.

Some of the nice reggae/jungle acts that appeared on the main stage in the afternoons and evenings throughout the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 deka

rawn wrote: »
    First year at Life - Definitely my last. Main arena and access to the lake/best food places/woods closed til 3pm. Searched thoroughly everytime I go into the arena until 10pm cos God forbid we drink our own drink at a festival! So spent most of the festival drinking in our tents, walking up and back from arena to tent (getting patted down each time of course) or waiting in our tents for the arena to even open. May as well have been camping in a field on our own! Some of the acts that we did see were great, Kormac's Big Band and the Radioactive Grandma were fantastic as usual, Groove Armada a bit of a let down, Mr. Devitt was class, and there was some deadly reggae on Saturday on the main stage if anyone knows who they were!

The Radioactive Grandma were brilliant. Saturdays Reggae was from Irish Moss Records.
    Dirty Dubsters, Mystro, 2Nice, Cian Finn & Rí Rá

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Head is only together from life today so I only found the brain capacity to evaluate the weekend now

The weather really was a downer on the weekend, never been so soggy for 3 days, the amount of muck was pretty bad. The crowd was grand, good few scobes at it though but it was pretty peaceful apart from a scrap I saw in the redbull tent and some girls killing eachother in the campsite.

Act of the weekend had to be Ben Klock, second time seeing him and the lad tore the roof off the place. Worst for me personally was waze and odyssey, I was hyped for them because I've been listening to them regularly since last summer but they seemed a bit bland and the sound system at the lake was pretty poor and wasn't helped by the poor acoustics of a massive lake haha

On a side note, pretty sure I just saw a link for ben klock playing the twisted pepper in october, seeyas there!!

Joy Orbison.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

On a side note, pretty sure I just saw a link for ben klock playing the twisted pepper in october, seeyas there!!

Ya I think he's there Halloween weekend Oct 26th from something like 3:30-6:30pm, I don't know who else is with him that day but I need to be at that!
    Anyone know?
    Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

TM link here:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/ben-klock-dublin-10-26-2014/event/18004C96A7F62AD0?artistid=1576727&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=201

i'd wait and get it through Bodytonic though when they officially announce it as it will be a few quid cheaper with them.

TM link here:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/ben-klock-dublin-10-26-2014/event/18004C96A7F62AD0?artistid=1576727&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=201

i'd wait and get it through Bodytonic though when they officially announce it as it will be a few quid cheaper with them.

Ok, for some reason I thought he was on in the middle of the day so it was an all day thing....maybe it is!

Small world, was camping very close to you I think, recognise a good few of the faces in your photos and your friend Senan was in our tent (teepee under the tree) for a few cans over the weekend :pac:

Nice review!

Some cool clips of Joy Orbison

Bedlam Stage - Saturday evening, can anyone ID the DJ?

Or ID this one from Sunday afternoon/ evening.

Can ID the Djs at the lake but I was there the same time and they were the business!! There were three people on stage I think at the time.

Yeah I was there too the place was hopping!!

Can ID the Djs at the lake but I was there the same time and they were the business!! There were three people on stage I think at the time.

Well on the Saturday one Lane 8 confirmed to me on Facebook that it wasn't him, he was on at 7.45 - 8.15 pm, so it must be TCTS on at 6.30 - 7.10 pm or so the timetable says, but that got fcuked up anyway with the late arena openings.

• Advertisement

Well on the Saturday one Lane 8 confirmed to me on Facebook that it wasn't him, he was on at 7.45 - 8.15 pm, so it must be TCTS on at 6.30 - 7.10 pm or so the timetable says, but that got fcuked up anyway with the late arena openings.

Pretty sure the young red headed lad on the bedlam stage on sunday evening you mentioned in your review was low steppa, he was on after Animal Picnic but at one stage all 3 of them were behind the decks, that set was probably the most fun I had that weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

As my first ever festival experience, that was some incredible weekend. Took me more than a week to recover though (and definitely, definitely should not have only taken a half day off work on the Monday).

A year seems a long time to wait for another one though, going to miss the dancing until 5.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Body and soul....Different but equally whopper.

In that case...any advice for me for B&S? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Anyone remember when this was announced last year? I'am also certain one of my buddies got his ticket at Christmas so tickets must of been on sale before then.

Slow day at work so i began to reminisce

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Anyone remember when this was announced last year? I'am also certain one of my buddies got his ticket at Christmas so tickets must of been on sale before then.

Around the middle of January or February I think.

Edit: The first two names were announced in 18th January and the line up was released by Off the Record on the 21st January. Tickets were also on sale in January.

MUFC91CS wrote: »

I got mine at christmas. A friend of mine uploaded a few days before christmas even, so I'd say they must have came out in December? Line up wasn't out until January though. Very on the fence about going this year, will have to be a good line up to pull me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

I'v been looking forward to the 2015 edition ever since a week passed since the end of the last one so I'll buy the ticket as soon as it comes out. Give myself something to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nicenormalfiend

Thinking of going to Life 2015. Can anyone tell me what the crowd was like last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Thinking of going to Life 2015. Can anyone tell me what the crowd was like last year?

Few more heads than the average festival but nothing too bad, although saying that my mate did get all his **** from his tent nicked but that could have happened anywhere.

Biggest thing to worry about is the weather. I've been to a fair few festivals and I can usually get over the weather but Life last year was a washout really found it hard to get excited in the constant downpour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement