Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

A V A wrote: »
    they're all sh*t

LFO are ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

griffdaddy wrote: »
    LFO are ****?

If I were a mod i'd ban him on principle! :) Really looking forward to LFO, wonder if he'll blow the subs with the title track....you know the one..:D

They were talking about increasing the capacity after the last festival, possibly to 7,500 to 10,000, but I hope they keep it small and intimate.

Yes, feck that....bigger festivals normally mean a massive Garda presence, a sh1t-ton of security, miles and miles and MILES of Orwellian security fence.....and a complete lack of that key ingredient - vibe!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

SamAK wrote: »
    If I were a mod i'd ban him on principle! :) Really looking forward to LFO, wonder if he'll blow the subs with the title track....you know the one..:D

Yes, feck that....bigger festivals normally mean a massive Garda presence, a sh1t-ton of security, miles and miles and MILES of Orwellian security fence.....and a complete lack of that key ingredient - vibe!

This year is gonna be my first life festival is there usually a big garda presence? Only festivals I've been to were past electric picnics which is obviously on a massive scale compared to life but regardless there was a serious amount of garda especially last year!

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    This year is gonna be my first life festival is there usually a big garda presence? Only festivals I've been to were past electric picnics which is obviously on a massive scale compared to life but regardless there was a serious amount of garda especially last year!

There are guards, but they keep out of the way....definitely nowhere near the scale of EP!

just enough of a presence to keep the peace, but everyone's on a big love buzz anyway, so you rarely see trouble :D

There are guards, but they keep out of the way....definitely nowhere near the scale of EP!

just enough of a presence to keep the peace, but everyone's on a big love buzz anyway, so you rarely see trouble :D

Grand!! I nearly got arrested at EP within 10 minutes of setting up my tent by 2 garda dressed as campers over enough for a joint :D

Not looking for a repeat of that at life anyway haha

• Advertisement

Grand!! I nearly got arrested at EP within 10 minutes of setting up my tent by 2 garda dressed as campers over enough for a joint :D

Not looking for a repeat of that at life anyway haha

Ah yeah, there will always be undercovers at any festival, just be somewhat sensible and don't be waving class A's around the place! Discretion is advised, no matter what festival you're at...

Let's all start doing the sun dance! Hoping for weather like last year!!!

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

radiata wrote: »
    Yes, good line up so far I'm sure a few more top DJs will be added too.
    Looking forward to seeing Ben Klock, it's been a long time since I've seen him. I hope Dettmann comes along with him, they play together quite a bit.
    Also really looking forward to DJ Koze. I've never seen him but I thought the album he released last year 'Amygdala' was one of the best of 2013.
    Nina Kraviz is worth going to 'see'........hot!

Klock is banging Kraviz! just thought you would like to know ahem:p

Oh how eloquently put! You so smooth!

:p

Ah yeah, there will always be undercovers at any festival, just be somewhat sensible and don't be waving class A's around the place! Discretion is advised, no matter what festival you're at...

Let's all start doing the sun dance! Hoping for weather like last year!!!

:D:D

The weather could make or break this festival for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Ya I wasn't too sure of that, I know they play together a bit...I'll try get in there at the festival:)

• Advertisement

If you could add 5 more to the line-up that you've never seen who would you go for. Here's 5 I'd add:

Drumcell
    Black Asteroid
    Gary Beck

.......for thumping techno!

Patrick Topping
    Jamie Jones

.......for happy music

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't mind these guys, Forward Strategy Group, interesting sound.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

radiata wrote: »
    If you could add 5 more to the line-up that you've never seen who would you go for. Here's 5 I'd add:

Drumcell
    Black Asteroid
    Gary Beck

.......for thumping techno!

Patrick Topping
    Jamie Jones

.......for happy music

Seen Gary Beck play MuMu in Liverpool two weeks ago. AWESOME.

Wouldn't mind these guys, Forward Strategy Group, interesting sound.

I was the Perc Trax showcase with FSG and Perc in Dolans Warehouse Limerick last year. Mental! ONE MORE TUNEEEE

Run by local promoters Macronite, I went to at least ten of their gigs last year and they blew the face off me ever time. Ridiculous 20k Void sound system and the dirtiest, filthiest most degrading techno vibes imaginable. They've also had Oscar Mulero, Sunil, Reeko, Northern Structures (banging) Surgeon and Marcel Fengler playing there too.

Get down there if you can some night, well worth the experience!

Was about to pick up tickets for this at the Early Bird price of 129, but when I click through it charges 137. I know the booking fee isn't included in the 129, but it's hardly 8 euro extra per ticket is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it was €106.50 total for my €99 ones before Xmas anyway, which i'm fairly sure is more than Ticketmaster would charge if they were selling the tickets...

Yeah was thinking it was more than Ticketmaster would charge. It's fairly hefty to be honest.

How come ticketmaster arent selling tickets for this anyway? Had to buy mine through their website

What a track by Ben Klock, cant believe it's 5 years old already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0heUrCAoKX4

How come ticketmaster arent selling tickets for this anyway? Had to buy mine through their website

Dunno....keeps out the riff-raff? ;)

• Advertisement

Ben Klock was amazing last year at Rave in the Woods, Electric Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Ben Klock was amazing last year at Rave in the Woods, Electric Picnic.

I seem to be one of the few who couldn't find that place :mad:

I seem to be one of the few who couldn't find that place :mad:

I tried the method of "follow the techno" and I led a group of about 20 of my mates following some tunes I could hear in the hendrix campsite, we ended up at a frozen yoghurt stand where some girl was playing a set of decks, safe to say nobody trusted my judgment for the rest of the weekend!

I tried the method of "follow the techno" and I led a group of about 20 of my mates following some tunes I could hear in the hendrix campsite, we ended up at a frozen yoghurt stand where some girl was playing a set of decks, safe to say nobody trusted my judgment for the rest of the weekend!

What you should've done was followed the techno through the Oscar Wilde camp site I think, I can't remember if I walked from the Salty Dog, bypassed Trenchtown and it was just a straight ahead walk through the Oscar Wilde right to the top and you would hit the techno sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TriggerSanchez

Was at Life back in 2009, great weather, serious set up, super vibe. I think I'm ready for another shot at it! Only fear is that it might have grown a bit too much, reports from mates last year suggested there was a lot of scumbags, fights and a good bit of robbing? I know these are the pitfalls of any festival, just don't wana ruin my rose tinted view of summer 2kaiiiii9 #whenthebeourswerefine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Was at Life back in 2009, great weather, serious set up, super vibe. I think I'm ready for another shot at it! Only fear is that it might have grown a bit too much, reports from mates last year suggested there was a lot of scumbags, fights and a good bit of robbing? I know these are the pitfalls of any festival, just don't wana ruin my rose tinted view of summer 2kaiiiii9 #whenthebeourswerefine

I was at that year too, same predicament! Mediterranean weather it was

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

it was even harder to find years ago (before Festival Republic got involved), no signs, no branding or anything, just a clearing in the woods and psy-trance all night every night.

What you should've done was followed the techno through the Oscar Wilde camp site I think, I can't remember if I walked from the Salty Dog, bypassed Trenchtown and it was just a straight ahead walk through the Oscar Wilde right to the top and you would hit the techno sounds.

I was in the hendrix camp for the whole weekend don't think I stepped foot in the oscar wilde! We found it by literally walking 10 minutes straight up a path from our camp anf walking past the last of the food stalls and then turning right onto a track into the woods it was a 30 second walk from there, we went every night after ben klock tore the place apart on the first night!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Neutronyx Stage:

1900676_10152204616028686_2120252674_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

I was at it last year seen one bloke getting reefed out for spitting on some chicks face thats it!didnt see any gaurds having to get heavy handed at all,yeah plenty of tracksuit clads and the like but very peacefull vibes the whole weekend,however more tickets this year so we shall see!

Advertisement