Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Was at Life back in 2009, great weather, serious set up, super vibe. I think I'm ready for another shot at it! Only fear is that it might have grown a bit too much, reports from mates last year suggested there was a lot of scumbags, fights and a good bit of robbing? I know these are the pitfalls of any festival, just don't wana ruin my rose tinted view of summer 2kaiiiii9 #whenthebeourswerefine

I was there last year, dacent vibes all weekend. No issues, knackers outnumbered ten to one by sound heads.

Garda presence minimal, don't really notice them..

Only problem was on the last day when everyone was packing up, loads of scavengers, thieves and space-cadet casualties wandering round the campsite. I was working break-down and returned to my tent just in time to find some spaced out zombie prick going through my bag in my tent. My mate next door had a few bits and pieces stolen earlier that day too.

I searched yer man, got all my stuff back and led him like a feckin sheep down to security where he got turfed out fairly rapid. Off his head he was :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Next announcement on the 16th March, hopefully a few interesting acts.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Any chance of Japanese Popstars making an appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Next announcement on the 16th March, hopefully a few interesting acts.

Where did you see that there would be an announcement today? I can't see them say anything on their site or facebook

Where did you see that there would be an announcement today? I can't see them say anything on their site or facebook

Someone answered one of my queries about the launch date that I posted in early January on the Life festival facebook page, they said 16th March but I then heard from others that it will be this Wednesday the same date as the EP launch.

• Advertisement

Someone answered one of my queries about the launch date that I posted in early January on the Life festival facebook page, they said 16th March but I then heard from others that it will be this Wednesday the same date as the EP launch.

Well considering how behind schedule they were with the original line-up announcement, I wouldn't hold my breath ;)

SamAK wrote: »
    Well considering how behind schedule they were with the original line-up announcement, I wouldn't hold my breath ;)

Actually Life festival announced the first time last year later than this year they launched last year in the 1st February, this year it was the 17th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://twitter.com/LifeFestival/status/445239823805452288
    Life Festival ‏@LifeFestival 17m

We've got some very exciting announcements to make next week...we can't wait to tell you. http://www.life-festival.com #LifeFestival2014

When they say 'next week', do they mean tomorrow?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Are there day tickets for life? I already have my weekend ticket in the bag, just enquiring on behalf of a mate :)

• Advertisement

I think they just do Sunday tickets like the Picnic.

Any sight of that announcement yet?

I'm seeing on Facebook that there will be an announcement tomorrow hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Considering going to Life this year, hoping that I'll be able to handle it though (first time festival goer, 25 years old too, so much wasted time :P )

Maya Jane Coles debut album was great, will definitely be there for that at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Next announcement is 12 pm tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Next announcement at 12 tomorrow. Any ideas on who it might be ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

I'm hoping for Digweed, Sasha, Guy J or Hernan Cattaneo.. I'm a dreamer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Doubt Digweed is, he's playing at that movement festival in Detroit the same weekend...which i'd love to go to someday. And also NY the Sunday, serious jetlag if he is playing at Life:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

radiata wrote: »
    Doubt Digweed is, he's playing at that movement festival in Detroit the same weekend...which i'd love to go to someday. And also NY the Sunday, serious jetlag if he is playing at Life:)

Damn, was hopeful, that was where I first saw him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Jesus that would be a sellout.:D

I would love some serious drum and bass players at this. Ed rush, optical, Audio, Decibel point, Black sun empire, calyx just to name a few... one can dream.

• Advertisement

1899418_10152248902518686_238370162_o.jpg

wow!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Jamie XX, Hot Since 82, Dusky, S.P.Y and Blawan. Nice additions to a great line up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

I've never been to Life before. What's the crowd like? Is it scummy at all? I don't mean to sound snobby but I'm just not able for dirtbags anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Very surprised and happy with the strength of that announcement today, did not think they would announce as many big acts as they did. Haven't been before but really looking forward to this now! Who do people think will be headlining each night now that we know the majority of the acts (I assume).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I was already ecstatic about the lineup, but hot since 82? This is gonna be some weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Just took the plunge and bought a life ticket, never been before but line up looks good. Hooefully will be good weekend!

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I've never been to Life before. What's the crowd like? Is it scummy at all? I don't mean to sound snobby but I'm just not able for dirtbags anymore.
    there's a few more "heads" around than other festivals, but i didn't see any trouble last year. it's overwhelmingly just a normal festival crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

there's a few more "heads" around than other festivals, but i didn't see any trouble last year. it's overwhelmingly just a normal festival crowd.

Cool. It's not a deal breaker but I'm a bit battle worn these days. You know yourself.

Yes!! Blawan & Karenn!!!!!

Nice to see Dusky too!

What a lineup! Epic :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

SamAK wrote: »
    Yes!! Blawan & Karenn!!!!!

Nice to see Dusky too!

What a lineup! Epic :D

Saw Dusky play a few months back, very good gig. Also looking forward to Blawan and Hot Since 82. I wonder is this the last announcement or will there be a few more additions.
    Thought I knew my dance music but there are a lot from those 2nd additions I don't know, are many Irish DJs? I'll have to check them out.
    It can be exciting going to a DJ you havent heard of, they can pull off brilliant sets

Advertisement