Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I know people in Cork organising a bus, you want a link? :D:D

Yes please! That would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 24 drawde55

Hi Guys, i can't do the Body and soul weekend this year (Grrrrrr) but i'm going to glastonbury the weekend after though so all is not lost! Greed has gotten the better of me and i'm looking into a sunday ticket if funds permit. Anyone got any ideas of the sunday line up?
    I had a quick look at tour dates and it looks like Darkside are playing friday night (playing Croatia Sunday), Mount Kimbie Saturday, Caribou Sunday, John Grant Saturday (Playing UK Sunday)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

drawde55 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, i can't do the Body and soul weekend this year (Grrrrrr) but i'm going to glastonbury the weekend after though so all is not lost! Greed has gotten the better of me and i'm looking into a sunday ticket if funds permit. Anyone got any ideas of the sunday line up?
    I had a quick look at tour dates and it looks like Darkside are playing friday night (playing Croatia Sunday), Mount Kimbie Saturday, Caribou Sunday, John Grant Saturday (Playing UK Sunday)

Yo I think you are in the wrong thread, this is the one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057086333&page=3

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just over a month to go now woo hoo!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MacDurce

Couldn't find anyone to go with so bought a ticket and am heading down by myself. F**k it! What's the worst that could happen! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Not long now, will be my first life, second festival after picnic last year, cant wait!!! How much mula on average are people spending at life presuming there brining in plenty a booze and supplies, I recon 150 for the weekend would suffice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Not long now, will be my first life, second festival after picnic last year, cant wait!!! How much mula on average are people spending at life presuming there brining in plenty a booze and supplies, I recon 150 for the weekend would suffice ?

Ha jesus think i spent nearly 300 last year and athat was bringimg supplies too,gonna go with the same budget again this year......wooo nearly der now!!!!

Haha I brought about €150 quid last year and then lost my wallet on the first night :( got a loan of €50 quid off a friend and was grand after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Casshern88 wrote: »

As long as you're not planning on buying any jack and jills then 150 will do just nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Has the applications for volunteers closed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Woohoo, got sorted with a bus from Cork! Now to get actual tickets...why oh why didn't I buy the early bird tickets for €99?!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Woohoo, got sorted with a bus from Cork! Now to get actual tickets...why oh why didn't I buy the early bird tickets for €99?!

At least you're sorting tickets now...but be aware they are likely to sell out at least a week before the festival like they did last year!

I was volunteering last year and had the privilege of watching out for fence jumpers and sneakers. Hilarious watching people get destroyed by nettles and brambles in the woods as they avoid security.

Also met a few lads bombed off their faces wandering around trying to get over the fence. One of them had a fake ticket that he'd just given 50 quid for. Worst counterfeit i've ever seen, he had no chance of getting in but I pointed him in the direction of the main entrance anyway :P

Yeah going to get one today I'd say. Haha, I remember meeting a gang of people alright last year that snuck in! They thought they were unreaaal!

Yeah i'm sure it was unreeeall alright, trying to relax and have a good time while hiding your naked wrist and hoping security doesn't cop on to the fact that you don't have a wrist-band!

Ah well, I guess they can just sneak back in again if they get chucked out :)

Suprised there isnt a life festival 2014 playlist on spotify, life seem to have a official page on it and theres a 2012 and 13 playlist there, would be handy for discovering some new tunes / artists

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭RedMickeyMouse

Lia_lia wrote: »

Are there any more available spaces on this bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Haven't been to Life since 2011, trying to remember if they let you bring drink into the stage areas once the bars close like Electric Picnic?

they said something on twitter earlier like no alcohol is allowed at the stages during licensing hours, i assume that means after those hours your own is fair game

What are the licensing hours at festivals anyway?

• Advertisement

I think the bars at Life close at 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

ah I'm sure you can sneak cans or little concoctions in your gooch or wellys during the day anyways just like all other festivals?

They did check bags last year...we snuck through the traders area with bags of drink :/

ah I'm sure you can sneak cans or little concoctions in your gooch or wellys during the day anyways just like all other festivals?

You know those sports backpacks with built-in water bags for athletes?

Yeah.

Met a guy at a festival a few years back, he had one of those full of tequila. Accompanied by a bag of lemon slices and a bottle of salt, he was going round selling shots to punters all night.

Hopefully the wellies wont be needed!

whats story with official buses? Site says something like we'll make sure everyone who wants a bus will get one, bus details to be anounced closer to date.....its pretty close now and no word! Anyone have any idea what story with this is, ill prob be traving from dublin, I presumed thered be official buses

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

yeah - I as wondering about this the other day also but then I looked back and saw that I didn't book my bus ticket till May 16th last year, so maybe it wasn't announced till that time last year as well ....

Marathon sports did the buses from Dublin last year but there is nothing up on their own website about it this year yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Looking forward to this. Gonna be my first time doing the full weekend/camping thing for a festival too (dunno how its taken so long, really).

Any quick tips? :D

Knex. wrote: »
    Any quick tips? :D

Bring baby wipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

And a massive bottle of water. Trust me on this! Hydration goes amiss oft at these events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Auidmanic89

Might seem like a silly question but it says on the site that the festival ends at midnight Sunday and campsite closes midday Monday. Does that mean the music ends each night at midnight or going in to the very early hours of the morning?
    Doesnt seem like the type of festival that would end at midnight each night.

Advertisement