Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Might seem like a silly question but it says on the site that the festival ends at midnight Sunday and campsite closes midday Monday. Does that mean the music ends each night at midnight or going in to the very early hours of the morning?
    Doesnt seem like the type of festival that would end at midnight each night.

Thats just on Sunday night, Friday and Saturday its 4 am like the Picnic, well with other stages anyway, but the main stage goes on till late enough.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

lads im looking for a campervan ticket for life festival,badly stuck!have a ticket got a caravan bought last week and no campervan ticket!
    anybody have one for sale??or know of any for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Burr10

Think the music went on till 6 am on Friday and Saturday last year, and you could bring drink into the arena after 11 pm

Burr10 wrote: »
    Think the music went on till 6 am on Friday and Saturday last year, and you could bring drink into the arena after 11 pm

yeh the last year was open late,great getting to bring the cans in!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Is there smaller stages like in electric picnic that you can bring drink to during the day?
    Hoping the weather clears up but should be a great weekend.

• Advertisement

phunks wrote: »
    Is there smaller stages like in electric picnic that you can bring drink to during the day?
    Hoping the weather clears up but should be a great weekend.

usually only after a certain time they let you bring drink in,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Any sign of a day by day break down for this now that the Sunday tickets are on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Anyone know what the story with the bus tickets is? They said were on sale, and now they are not on sale :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

any body buy the installment tickets? i have paid for the part but cant find the option to pay for second part/installment.. i have cash now and want rid of it before i do lots of things i wont regret....

Tried ringing/mailing tickets.ie but no response ...

Cheers for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Dunno if this has been posted already, but it has me on the buzz!! 10 days until I lose the plot for a weekend right at the end of my first year in college, started it with EP, ending it with Life, happy days indeed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Dunno if this has been posted already, but it has me on the buzz!! 10 days until I lose the plot for a weekend right at the end of my first year in college, started it with EP, ending it with Life, happy days indeed :)

That is the exact same as the 2013 one! Still buzzing for this, nonetheless

A look back over two years of Life. :D

Well thats me down for the festival build so will be heading down early next Monday woo hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

So how much booze is everyone bringing for the weekend, im thinking two bottles of buckfast and a 70cl bottle a vodka ( transfered into plastics of course ) and somewhere between 18 and 24 bavaria or some other cheap beer

Casshern88 wrote: »
    So how much booze is everyone bringing for the weekend, im thinking two bottles of buckfast and a 70cl bottle a vodka ( transfered into plastics of course ) and somewhere between 18 and 24 bavaria or some other cheap beer

depends how thirsty you get!

if anyone knows of a camper ticket for sale let me know il pay 200 for one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Off to this.

Sadly, due to work I can probably only go for one night and day. But at the same time I'm not too upset because previous experience with the aftermath of festivals has been horrific

Is the general buzz around the site grand? I was at Castlepalooza last year and even though the lineup was ****e the compact nature of the site and festival made it a brilliant bit of craic for the weekend

Off to this.

Sadly, due to work I can probably only go for one night and day. But at the same time I'm not too upset because previous experience with the aftermath of festivals has been horrific

Is the general buzz around the site grand? I was at Castlepalooza last year and even though the lineup was ****e the compact nature of the site and festival made it a brilliant bit of craic for the weekend

Its a well run shop mate, the site is fairly compact with a nice array of food stalls on offer, Eco Bus etc, phone charging facilities and novelty hippy festival dress up shops. There is about six or seven stages on the go. In the main arena you have the main stage which improves with the visuals big time each year, close by is the Red Bull stage and further up is the Liquid tent for your daily drum n bass and dubstep, roots reggae pleasure. The only bit of walking is the walk to the lakeside but its a lovely wee walk in fairness, after the Liquid tent you hit the Psi Trance Village or outdoor stage of all sorts of colours and installations, across from that is the Lectro-Soul chill tent and the Radio tent. Eventually you come to the Human stage, another open air stage with more of a live element than electronica, with bands and musicians as such and the divine lakeside as the stages backdrop. The lakeside also has bars, food stalls and novelty hippy stalls, also a select number of ice cream vans dotted about the site which was absolutely perfect in 2012 for the May heatwave. Life also has some nice installations dotted about the place it looks like they are trying to corner a bit of the Body&Soul boutique feel. There was some nice touches last year such as the wee DJ booth set up at the top of the hill, basically the music makers for the Radio tent situated at the bottom of the hill. You will love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Its a well run shop mate, the site is fairly compact with a nice array of food stalls on offer, Eco Bus etc, phone charging facilities and novelty hippy festival dress up shops. There is about six or seven stages on the go. In the main arena you have the main stage which improves with the visuals big time each year, close by is the Red Bull stage and further up is the Liquid tent for your daily drum n bass and dubstep, roots reggae pleasure. The only bit of walking is the walk to the lakeside but its a lovely wee walk in fairness, after the Liquid tent you hit the Psi Trance Village or outdoor stage of all sorts of colours and installations, across from that is the Lectro-Soul chill tent and the Radio tent. Eventually you come to the Human stage, another open air stage with more of a live element than electronica, with bands and musicians as such and the divine lakeside as the stages backdrop. The lakeside also has bars, food stalls and novelty hippy stalls, also a select number of ice cream vans dotted about the site which was absolutely perfect in 2012 for the May heatwave. Life also has some nice installations dotted about the place it looks like they are trying to corner a bit of the Body&Soul boutique feel. There was some nice touches last year such as the wee DJ booth set up at the top of the hill, basically the music makers for the Radio tent situated at the bottom of the hill. You will love it.

sounds good! thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Wow! My memory of Life is a massive blur :/

We didn't even make it to the lake last year...going there right away this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭RedMickeyMouse

What's the attendance and crowd in general like? Does anyone know of any arrangement for travelling from Cork?

• Advertisement

2006 - 500 capacity 2007 - 2008 it was 2,000 capacity, 2009 - 2013 it was 5,000 capacity I think, this year I think it been increased to 8,000 capacity, I think Body&Soul festival is doing the same changes capacity wise as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Festival

What's the attendance and crowd in general like? Does anyone know of any arrangement for travelling from Cork?

If you look one or two pages back I think there was a few people from Cork talking about a bus being organised, pm one of them I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭RedMickeyMouse

If you look one or two pages back I think there was a few people from Cork talking about a bus being organised, pm one of them I'd say.

Thanks! This is my first festival, I can't wait!

Here's hoping the weather stays like this now, its absolutely gorgeous just like Life 2012 weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

I'm heading up to start work in the morning, looking forward to walking the site and seeing what changes are being made this year...

Gonna be a long week ahead before gates open, but I do love being there early. Nothing like being part of making it happen and seeing all the happy people arrive on the Friday.

Ben Pearce and Co are playing down by the lake this year....Should get a nice crowd down that end of site, never got that busy last year with the human music stage -

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152368150173686&set=a.390030998685.167863.8332098685&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

all change with the stages so!

there's a Bodytonic one this year, the Red Bull one is going to be bigger, and there'll be Ragga and Dub on the main stage, perhaps with the rest of the "human music" stuff from last year?:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152368588898686&set=pb.8332098685.-2207520000.1400183974.&type=3&permPage=1

official spotify playlist:
    http://www.life-festival.com/playlist/

My camera was a bit dark and shaky, but this starts from just after the Neutronyx stage so you can still hear the music from that, on into the Liquid Tent that you can hardly make out although the music gives it away and then finally at the main stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Had to sell my ticket to this as I am doing an exam on the Saturday. Godammit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Had to sell my ticket to this as I am doing an exam on the Saturday. Godammit

there's Saturday and Sunday tickets onsale for the last few days if it's any use?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

anyone know when calibre is playing? my favorite dj and never seen him live need to get to this but can't make the whole weekend due to work!

Advertisement