Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

when are the stage times going to be released for this, Forbidden Fruit released theirs today.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

soon i hope. a few irish acts/DJs have said their times on twitter/fb, but none of the big acts that i've seen...

even day splits would be good, consdering people will prob hold off buying day tickets until they know who's playing what day...

Is anyone from Galway working at Life traveling down on Monday 19th May, I need a lift and will help chipping in with the costs.

https://www.facebook.com/thetwistedpepper/posts/921381514544484
    The Twisted Pepper

We're gearing up to transplant ourselves to Life Festival next weekend, our tent will feature Daniel Wang, Maurice Fulton, Intergalactic Gary, Adultrock, Junior Spesh, Room 19, Discotekken, Bang The Box, Not Saying Boo, Suss, CK Teachers, POGO gang & heaps more across the weekend as well as our Brewtonic bar. www.life-festival.com

Well here are the stage splits, but no times as yet.
    10372015_10152370243868686_977543373617234193_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Looks like Ben Klock and Four Tet could be clashing, really hope that doesn't end up being the case though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

hmmmmmm what are the conflicts like between the stage times? do some stages end before others or something or are we looking at a ream of possible clashes?

Four Tet for me have seen Klock twice now.

Four Tet for me have seen Klock twice now.
    Yeah saw Klock once before, have listened to plenty of his mixes though and love them all, though I'd probably rather if he was playing in one of the tents rather than the main stage. Saw Four Tet DJ before with Caribou but never a live set. Will be a tough choice but will probably end up going to Four Tet as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Quite surprised Four Tet isn't on the main stage...depends what kinda set he's doing I guess.

Seen both Ben Klock and Four Tet before anyway....will most likely go to Four Tet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

The big problem here is dj koze and Lfo clashing. Hoping the tent goes on longer than the main stage and that Lfo will be on later

• Registered Users Posts: 2 flavorflavob

Is anyone from Galway working at Life traveling down on Monday 19th May, I need a lift and will help chipping in with the costs.

I'm travelling down that general direction from galway on sunday afternoon...i'm working in portlaoise for the week, i could drop you to mullingar on the sunday if you're stuck and can't get a lift on monday.

I'm travelling down that general direction from galway on sunday afternoon...i'm working in portlaoise for the week, i could drop you to mullingar on the sunday if you're stuck and can't get a lift on monday.

Cool thanks for offering, I'm still waiting for confirmation from another volunteer for a lift on Monday, If I have not heard anything by Saturday night will definitely take that lift.

saw Four Tet doing his live set at Forbidden Fruit last year......I'll be going to see him again no matter who he's clashing with!

saw Four Tet doing his live set at Forbidden Fruit last year......I'll be going to see him again no matter who he's clashing with!

Its funny that maybe 2ManyDJs will headline Life next year, the reason I say this, Modeselektor headlined one of the tents at Forbidden Fruit in 2012 then they headlined Life the following year. Four Tet headlined last year at Forbidden Fruit and now headlining Life this year so maybe 2ManyDJs headlining Forbidden Fruit this year is bound for Life 2015.

co-incidence i'd say. Four Tet was 3rd last on the 2nd stage anyway.

Seriously why does this happen every Saturday here, a serious lull in festival talking, Life is next weekend FFS. Who I want to see anyway.

Four Tet
    LFO (will probably check out)
    Joy Orbison
    Groove Armada
    Hot Since 82
    Ben Pearce
    Mr Devitt
    Lasertom
    Aaron Nolan
    Kormacs Big Band
    Sunhil Sharpe

If theres clashes will catch a bit of each, will make some new discoveries I suppose as well over the weekend.

for me:

New Jackson
    Girl Band
    Karenn
    Dixon
    Calibre
    Kormacs Big Band
    Jamie xx
    Tensnake
    Maurice Fulton
    Four Tet
    Joy Orbison
    Bobofunk
    CK pres. Teachers

Updating my ipod with some nice sets for the Life campsite, a few Boiler Room sets from Four Tet, some Apparat albums, Jon Hopkins BBC6 session, some Mr Scruff, some Portishead and Beck albums, should help get some vibes started before the sound systems kick off.

Weather forecast not looking great which is a shame. I know it's a bit early yet for an accurate prediction but fingers crossed anyway for some sunshine!

• Advertisement

Off to Mullingar to Life fest my shift starts tomorrow, will see ya all down there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Weather is looking badfor the festival but still might turn around!

Iooking for that campervan pass stil llads, if you know of one for sale 200 notes there for one!

I wont be able to head down to it otherwise

yeah according to a post on the life FB, the weather was set for a weekend of sunshine but doesn't seem as likely now with the forecasts. Gonna do my sundance every day to keep the rain away!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Currently lashing rain in dublin, lets hope this isnt the case forthe weekend .

Tip for any one who gets killer hangovers, get some charcoal tablets (any health food store) and some deloralite (over counter any pharmacy) , take 2 charcole before drinking , it helps your liver get rid of the toxins in booze, and the deloralite will re hydrate you next morning ( they give it to people who get sevear diarrhoea) . Makes the world of diffrence having those 2. Im able to function properly as opposed to being bed bound for day

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Potency

First time festival goer here. What's on the to-bring list for everyone?

Tent
    Sleeping bag
    Food
    Water (loads)
    Wellies
    Cheap poncho
    Load of toilet roll

Anything major I've left out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Potency wrote: »
    First time festival goer here. What's on the to-bring list for everyone?

Tent
    Sleeping bag
    Food
    Water (loads)
    Wellies
    Cheap poncho
    Load of toilet roll

Anything major I've left out?

Wet wipes . seriously

don't bring water. it's heavy, and there's free drinking taps in the campsites that you can fill up an empty bottle with.

bring:
    camping chair
    air mattress/camping mat
    baby wipes
    ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Check your tent bag to make sure you have enough tent pegs and your tent poles are intact, nothing worse than getting there and realizing your tent is fecked.

another vote for baby wipes here. deodorant. toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash of course. no greater feeling than washing out that festival mouth

EDIT: actually just thinking now in terms of hygiene, what are the showers like at Life? I have never showered at a festival before as I'm used to the humongous queues at the likes of EP and Oxegen so they didn't seem worth it. are the queues more manageable here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

I can thoroughly endorse the showers at Life - I think I've used them every year and they are usually really good, so assuming it's the same set-up this year - recommend it. There is never any major issue with queues either.

Advertisement