Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭RedMickeyMouse

What's the story with cash? How much do you need to be bringing?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Brian S

I don’t see Blawan and Pariah on the day-by-day breakdown, only Karenn. Anybody know what happened there? I thought they were both going to do individual sets as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

What's the story with cash? How much do you need to be bringing?

Depends on how much booze / food / other suppliers your arriving with, if your brining decent bit a drink in , along with say all your meals for the friday , with some energy bars or things like that between eating from food stalls other days you could do it pretty cheap. Im sure less than 100, BUT you may want to be buying pints in main area or trying loads a diffrent food options or whatever. Really it all depends on how wild you want to go , im aiming to bring around 150 in with me along with load a booze and fridays food, recon ill prob even have some left on the monday morn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TriggerSanchez

Any voulunteers for General Stewarding get their shift times yet?? Also anyone need a lift from Dublin on Thurs afternoon? Have 2 spaces in car, and sure we'll even bring you back to Dublin the Monday if your deadly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikeydublin

Uh ohhh, weather not looking great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

Who cares about the weather, this weekend is going to be unreal.. Groove armada are going to be unforgetable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

The rain doesn't bother me too much, well used to it at festivals by now, but it also looks like there's going to be pretty low temperatures on top of that :( Anyone down there already have any updates on the state of the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Humm typed weather in mullingar into my browser , and the google weather app recons theres 0% chance of precipitation friday through sunday. Id like to believe this....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Met Eireann:
    Tomorrow, the western half of the country will see showers becoming more frequent by afternoon with an increasing risk of thunderstorms. Elsewhere, isolated showers will break out but a lot of dry weather is likely with some sunny spells. Winds will be mostly light, between east and south in direction. Highest temperatures 13 to 17 degrees, mildest in the east.
    Thursday: It will be another showery day. Most of the showers on Thursday will occur during the second half of the day, and they will continue into Thursday evening and early night. Again these showers be heavy and thundery with local downpours and periods of torrential rain. But temperatures will remain good, generally between 13 and 17 degrees.

Friday: While there will be more heavy showers again, the shower activity will tend to be more isolated and there will be longer clear periods. The day will be slighly cooler and fresher than previous days with highest temperatures of 12 to 15 degrees in northerly breezes.

Weekend: The pattern of fewer showers and longer dry periods will continue over the weekend, but with northerly breezes temperatures will remain the same.

soplenty of rain for the next few days anyway, so wellies are a must i reckon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

The thing about Ireland is that its impossible to predict the weather 3 or 4 days in advance its so changable. So we'll just imagine a huge storm with a few feet of rain is predicted and anything better than that, hey presto!
    Are there certain times for using the showers, or could you have one at 4am if you wished.
    Suppose there's always a lake, that'll wake you up

• Advertisement

I think they open at like 12PM and close around 7

Looking forward to Le Freak on Friday at Main stage, seen these guys twice in Twisted P, going to be a great start to the weekend!

Looking forward to Le Freak on Friday at Main stage, seen these guys twice in Twisted P, going to be a great start to the weekend!

life-sitemap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

life-sitemap.jpg

Lads does anyone know the craic with the campsites, are they all open from Friday morning?

What would people recommend?

Which ones would be the best? Which would be the quietest?

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

srdb20 wrote: »
    Lads does anyone know the craic with the campsites, are they all open from Friday morning?

What would people recommend?

Which ones would be the best? Which would be the quietest?

Thanks lads.

Could be wrong but I think this is the first year that they've had more than one campsite (there was definitely only one when I was there before) so hard to say. I'll be in 808 or 303 I reckon, 909 looks too close to the psy trance stage so really don't want to be listening to that all weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

lads if i make a last minute decision tomorrow to buy a ticket for sunday it won't arrive in post by then, would email receipt be ok do ya reckon? Also any shennanigins going on late sunday night? heard it closes at 12 on sunday!?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

lads if i make a last minute decision tomorrow to buy a ticket for sunday it won't arrive in post by then, would email receipt be ok do ya reckon? Also any shennanigins going on late sunday night? heard it closes at 12 on sunday!?

I doubt it mate, alot of people would e trying that without a ticket!

Go onto toutless you can get weekend ticket for 110

the 808 and 909 parts were there last year, don't think they actually had names though. 909 was at the back of the main stage.
    not sure about the 303 bit, don't remember tents being in there last year.

yeah, everything stopped at 12 on Sunday last year.
    wasn't actually too bad last year though as it started pissing down rain around 12:30/1 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Everything stops at 12 on Sunday? Unforseen circumstances mean I might only get up for the Sunday :( So the craic just kind of stops at 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Everything stops at 12 on Sunday? Unforseen circumstances mean I might only get up for the Sunday :( So the craic just kind of stops at 12?

well yes from what I've read the festival arena and stages closes at 12 but as for the craic, that depends on who you're hanging around with!

Weather looks good today, hopefully stays that way... 48 hours , cannot WAIT

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

The craic never stops! :)

box office collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What time are most people aiming to get there on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

12/1. more time to explore and make the most of the day!

Apparently music doesn't start on Fri until 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

BananaR wrote: »
    Apparently music doesn't start on Fri until 6!

Sure if not we just make the craic in the camp site, if the the weather is good, few cans some tunes.... Perfect start!

What campsites are people thinking about heading to lads.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

srdb20 wrote: »
    Sure if not we just make the craic in the camp site, if the the weather is good, few cans some tunes.... Perfect start!

What campsites are people thinking about heading to lads.?
    It's all the one once you're not too close to the psytrance, or by a tree that serves as a communal latrine.

Though if you're stuck for a spot I'd take the tree over the psytrance.

Advertisement