Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

once you're not too close to the psytrance

Depends on your musical leanings I guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

I'd know the picnic well enough but this is first time going to life, all very very exciting going to a different festival for the first time ha ha, never know what to expect....

What's the atmosphere like lads?

What's the crowd like?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Was reading posts from last years body and soul , and so many people were saying they got stuff robbed at it, I know its a diffrent festival but for people who have been previous years , have you eveŕ had your tent robed, was at picnic last year no bother in that regard. Im a bit conserned considering ive heard more and more scumbags are going to life every year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BananaR wrote: »
    Apparently music doesn't start on Fri until 6!
    didn't start until 6 last year, but looking at the list of names for the stages this year, there's too many to only start at 6. prob start around 3 i'd say!

could really do with the times some time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah getting very excited now but really wish they'd release the stage times! Rain was forecast for today not so long ago and it ended up being a scorcher so it's gotten my hopes up now for a bit of sunshine over the weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

What time would people advise arriving at to get a good enough camping space? Have never been before.

What's the crowd like lads? Is it a good atmosphere? Just wondering what the opinions of people who have been there last few years...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭RedMickeyMouse

I know someone who's been last year and said it's pure relaxed and happy buzz! swears by it!

I know someone who's been last year and said it's pure relaxed and happy buzz! swears by it!

All I wanted to know lads, this is going to be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭RedMickeyMouse

Any idea what age the crowd is like? Me and my friends are 20..

Still have no tent

• Advertisement

Any idea what age the crowd is like? Me and my friends are 20..

Still have no tent

Our group would range from early to late twenties. But all into the same music and mad for the craic. So seems to work he he

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Tucker688

Not long to go now lads, i cannot wait its gonna be one hell of a weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Still no word on stage times hopefully they don't do an EP on it and not release it and expect you to buy one there.

Other than that got my drink, got my tent weather is shaping up to be halfway decent.
    Roll on the weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

phunks wrote: »
    Still no word on stage times hopefully they don't do an EP on it and not release it and expect you to buy one there.

Other than that got my drink, got my tent weather is shaping up to be halfway decent.
    Roll on the weekend!!

Yeah - It's really very late to be releasing stage times. It wouldn't be in the nature of Life to do that as it's always been non-commercial compared to other festivals but it's shaping up to be a little different this year I think with the addition of new tents/more bars etc. Not necessarily a bad thing but hope it doesn't change too much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I can't wait for this... Lugging everything there, via Bus, will be horrific, but it'll be so worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Can anyone recommend any good acts playing on some of the smaller stages over the weekend? Obviously have a lot of acts I want to go and see but wouldn't mind venturing around and finding some new ones that I've never heard before, any djs who play any disco playing over the weekend?

Just seen the times for all the stages up there lads

http://www.goldenplec.com/life-festival-2014-lineup-stagetimes/

Here ya go lads!

This may be a silly question but how essential is I.d. going into festival, the only id I own is my passport and im hesitant to bring that in case It gets lost, Im 25 by no means look 18, can I confidently not bring id and not worry about not being letin because of that ?

Casshern88 wrote: »
    This may be a silly question but how essential is I.d. going into festival, the only id I own is my passport and im hesitant to bring that in case It gets lost, Im 25 by no means look 18, can I confidently not bring id and not worry about not being letin because of that ?

Can you get a photocopy of it?

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Can you get a photocopy of it?

Ya that should be no problem , I didnt even think of that, I presume thed except that if it came to it

Ya that should be no problem , I didnt even think of that, I presume thed except that if it came to it

I'm sure they'd understand not wanting to bring a passport to Life, in fairness. Name on your ticket as well then, or an ATM card if bringing one, and it should be more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

ah can't imagine you'd have any hassle unless you looked 14 years old?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Ben Pearce and Dusky are clashing :( Great start to the weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Ben Pearce and Dusky are clashing :( Great start to the weekend!

Ah don't worry about it, always happens at good festivals! You'll still enjoy yourself! Thought music stopped at 4. Looks like 5:30 this year. I'd say that twisted pepper tent will be nuts after 2:30

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Anyone if it is raining up there? Lashing in Cork!

Really wish I owned a pair of wellies now :/

On and off showers in dublin for most of the day , life site is just over hour away I think so cant imagine its much diffrent there

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

On and off showers in dublin for most of the day , life site is just over hour away I think so cant imagine its much diffrent there

Met Eireann 5 day forecast is looking decent. Bar a rainy patch Saturday morning should stay reasonably dry the rest of the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Tucker688 wrote: »
    Who cares about the weather, this weekend is going to be unreal.. Groove armada are going to be unforgetable

They're playing a DJ set AFAIK, which means it could be anything!

Advertisement