Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much is a secondhand FGA worth?

• 17-01-2014 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Does anyone know how much a second hand Anton sprint V2 FGA is worth? Ballpark figure just after being calibrated and O2 cells changed. In excellent condition.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

martineire wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much a second hand Anton V2 FGA is worth? Ballpark figure just after being calibrated and O2 cells changed. In excellent condition.

Probably half to two thirds of the new price. But as with anything, it depends on demand.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

half new price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭martineire

half new price
    How much are they new?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

martineire wrote: »
    How much are they new?

why not contact Charlie at hes he would be the best man to talk to

hes sound out and you might get a cup of watery tea if you call to the office

choc biscuits are a bit thin on the ground though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Oxygen cell maybe done but the CO cell will need to be done next year. A new one will get an extra year out of its cell plus you will have no warranty. So IMO it would have to be about a third of the price to warrant it.

You need to factor all this into the price.
    I would give Charlie a call, price a new one and then compare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

How come your selling a FGA, and don't know what they cost ?

Internet will have new prices.

They are a critical piece of equipment, and even if yiur only use it once or twice in a year, hang onto it. It might, for want of a better word, be a life saver.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Pretty much as the guys said, I wouldn't expect to pay max more than 1/2 what it's worth, best to ave a chat with Charlie as he may hook you up with someone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

€150 cash ?

chopperp wrote: »
    €150 cash ?

u wish chopper ;)

jimf wrote: »
    u wish chopper ;)

We all would wish :)

Why not put it on adverts.ie or similar and see what it reaches.

• Advertisement

HOW MUCH IS IT NEW ?

HOW MUCH IS IT NEW ?

I think about €850 incl vat.

MORE LIKE €350 FOR Anton V2

If you can buy a brand new Anton V2 for €350 incl vat with warranty from a reputable source, buy it.

Press caps lock. You're shouting!

so your offer of £150 cash is based on this I presume

correct, i was only shouting to make you listen

Cost would depend on what else comes with it. If we are talking about the bare FGA itself without any accessories, then the cheaper price might not be too far off. On the other hand if it comes as a kit with a load of accessories including printer, probe, carry case, maybe gas kit and temp clamps, then the dearer price would apply.

Wearb wrote: »
    Cost would depend on what else comes with it. If we are talking about the bare FGA itself without any accessories, then the cheaper price might not be too far off. On the other hand if it comes as a kit with a load of accessories including printer, probe, carry case, maybe gas kit and temp clamps, then the dearer price would apply.

anton v2 from hwos fga only £404.00 sterling vat extra if applicable

correct, i was only shouting to make you listen

Don't worry, everybody is always listening! Whether they hear you or not is another matter...
    So where did you see it brand new for €350?

shane0007 wrote: »
    Don't worry, everybody is always listening! Whether they hear you or not is another matter...
    So where did you see it brand new for €350?

no wonder that feckin Charlie is driving around in his Volvo estate and paying super models to answer his phone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭martineire

Well when I said it's being calibrated and 02 cells changed, that what I've got to get done before flogging, going to give charlie a ring and get it all sorted and then sell it. Yea my Anton V2 comes will all accessories, it cost €850 new.

I know a calibration cost €100 how much do the cells cost to get changed does anyone know?

I'm thinking by the time I pay for it to be all sorted and ready to go again, I mightn't make much €€€ on the sale.

Advertisement