Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The food in Chinatown/Little Italy NYC

Options
  • 17-01-2014 4:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49

It's a food thread, not a travel thread, so I don't want people saying "there's a better Chinatown in Queens, 'dude'" If any has been to these Manhattan places, can they please explain how these cuisines differ from Europe. Despite the username, I don't know, but am very curious.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you want to know how their Chinese restaurants differ from European Chinese restaurants, or how they differ from European cuisine in general?
    Have you eaten there yourself?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

What exactly is your question?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah I'm also intrigued as to what exactly you're asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

I ate in a small authentic Chinese restaurant in a backstreet of chinatown in manhattan. I had a crab dish. The seafood was kept live in a tank. the food was homestyle fresh versions of what you get here. Nicer for the freshness but not particularly memorable.

Advertisement