Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I been charged the entire city's gas bill?

Options
  • 17-01-2014 6:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭

I have just received our latest bill, based on an estimate for 230 euro gross. The last billing period was 78 euro based on actual, which was significantly higher than the previous period.

Can I submit an actual reading to get this estimated charge corrected in time before the DD is taken?

If not how can I avoid being caught out by EI's major estimation inaccuracies in future?

If so, ignore snide remark above :-) and please let me know what to do.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi smcgiff,

Thank you for getting in touch. If you have received an estimated bill, then you can certainly submit an actual meter reading to have a replacement bill issued. This replacement bill can be issued without the original balance being taken from your bank account as long as it is not requested within 5 working days of the Direct Debit collection date on that bill. If it is requested within this time, then we may have already contacted your bank for the original balance.

There are several ways to submit a meter reading, we can accept it here on Boards, you can call 1850 372 372, submit one through your Online Billing account if you're registered, or through our meter reading app. Bord Gais Networks are responsible for the reading of your gas meter and but if you do receive an estimation, then we'll happily reissue your bill so that you're only being charged for your actual usage.

If you'd like us to submit a meter reading for you, please PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Hi smcgiff,

Thank you for getting in touch. If you have received an estimated bill, then you can certainly submit an actual meter reading to have a replacement bill issued. This replacement bill can be issued without the original balance being taken from your bank account as long as it is not requested within 5 working days of the Direct Debit collection date on that bill. If it is requested within this time, then we may have already contacted your bank for the original balance.

There are several ways to submit a meter reading, we can accept it here on Boards, you can call 1850 372 372, submit one through your Online Billing account if you're registered, or through our meter reading app. Bord Gais Networks are responsible for the reading of your gas meter and but if you do receive an estimation, then we'll happily reissue your bill so that you're only being charged for your actual usage.

If you'd like us to submit a meter reading for you, please PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife
    Thanks very much, Aoife, for the comprehensive reply, I just got the bill into my email early this morning so hopefully I'll have time to change it. I'll not be able to read it until this Saturday, but will PM it to you so that it can be actioned on your return Monday. 

Thanks very much for this. Great service :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi smcgiff,

You're welcome and let us know if you've any other questions in the meantime. We'll be online from 8am on Monday and will get the meter reading submitted for you as soon as possible. The time frame should allow for a replacement bill to be issued.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement