Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Isuzu dmax automatic or manual?

• 17-01-2014 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Im after an isuzu dmax and was just wondering can anyone rate the automatic one for me? How are they on diesel compare to the manual one .the one im inquiring about is the 07 model 3litre any help this would be my first 4x4 as have always had vans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

No direct info on the auto D Max against the manual.

I've driven identical Hilux in manual and auto and found very little difference. I'd get on long runs on 100/110kmh roads about 11.5L/100km and while working on dirt roads, through fields, air con on all day, left idling while I'm out of the car, in 4WD through rough stuff it would go up to about 13.5L/100km in both the auto and manual.

Auto is a lot nicer to drive, not having to worry about revs and power bands etc. Manual is much more engaging and responsive when off road and more fun. I found I had no real idea what the auto was doing with regards to traction compared to the manual. The Auto was a bit more sluggish perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

the 2007 onwards 4 speed auto in the d-max is a nice enough box, shifts fairly smoothly, loads of torque and reliable. Im getting around 28-30 mpg average of 70/30 motorway/urban driving in an auto.

Advertisement