Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old man pub in Collins Avenue area

Options
  • 17-01-2014 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Looking for an old man pub in the Collins Avenue area (Malahide Road end). Can anyone recommend a place where I'm likely to find lots of auld fellas who've lived in the area for decades?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Kitty Kiernans is on Collins Ave (about 5 mins from Malahide Road). The pub has been there for years under different names and management.

There are no other pubs on Collins Ave around that area. Graingers or Kavanaghs on the Malahide Road would be the closest "old man" pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

The bar in The Goblet (Malahide Rd Artane), the bar in Kavanagh's (Malahide Rd Marino), there may be a similar area in Kitty Kiernan's (also known as "The Jolly", Collins Avenue, Donnycarney), but I'm not sure about that one, and I've never had a pint in The Parnell House (Malahide Rd, donnycarney), but it has that look about it. Grainger's on the Malahide Rd too, Marino.

The Ramble Inn would be a proper "local pub for local people", if a stranger opens the door he'll get stared at :pac: That's in Donnycarney/Killester. Also try the Beechcomber, at the junction of Collins Avenue and the Howth Rd.

You could also try the bar in Craobh Chiarain GAA Club, which is beside Parnell Park, I've been to a few functions in there and it seems to be exclusively aulfellas drinking in the actual bar part. I'd say a Friday or Saturday night would be your best bet there.

Further afield, Kyle's in Coolock Village is a decent shout. The A1 (Ardlea Inn on the Ardlea Rd) would have a fair share of aulfellas. Parnell's in Coolock Village.

Finally, the Beaumount House might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

and I've never had a pint in The Parnell House (Malahide Rd, donnycarney), but it has that look about it.

It's been closed for nearly ten years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

I'd go for the Ramble.

Any of the above you'll find some aulfellas who've been there since time began but I'd say the Ramble would have the highest ratio of aulfella to yunfella.

Or Kavanagh's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's been closed for nearly ten years.

Jaysis, really?

Probably still a few aulfellas propping up the bar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

The Viscount at the junction of Swords road and Collins Ave might do the trick for you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

I'm thinking of dropping into ramble for one in abt 15 mins... On my way home so might as well stick head in as I am gasping!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!

Advertisement