Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparing health insurance plans

Options
  • 17-01-2014 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi, just put in my current health insurance plan to the HIA site. Came back with 100 cheaper plans. Surely these cant be like for like policies. My one is the dearest. Does anyone have experience or know if this is the case.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Snowshower wrote: »
    Hi, just put in my current health insurance plan to the HIA site. Came back with 100 cheaper plans. Surely these cant be like for like policies. My one is the dearest. Does anyone have experience or know if this is the case.

Thanks

The his website allows you to compare any of the plans you see. The you can see exactly what differences there are between plans.

I would expect that most plans would have some differences though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Health insurance keeps rising, and it is almost impossible to sort out the most suitable plan at an affordable price, but is this a way around the increases:

If you cancel your HI, BUT take our a new plan with the same insurer or a new insurer within the 13 weeks rule, are you covered straight away both for new illnesses and also old ones. ie they keep putting up the price and you try and get 12 weeks free every year, would that work?

if you get sick during the 13 weeks, what's to stop you just renewing or just joining up again?

or have the insurance companies covered this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Snowshower wrote: »

Thanks

use the refine button to narrow down your options

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

joeysoap wrote: »
    Health insurance keeps rising, and it is almost impossible to sort out the most suitable plan at an affordable price, but is this a way around the increases:

If you cancel your HI, BUT take our a new plan with the same insurer or a new insurer within the 13 weeks rule, are you covered straight away both for new illnesses and also old ones. ie they keep putting up the price and you try and get 12 weeks free every year, would that work?

if you get sick during the 13 weeks, what's to stop you just renewing or just joining up again?

or have the insurance companies covered this?

Seems like a good idea and yes if you were in the 13 weeks and felt a little sick you could renew and seek treatment but what happens if you get knocked down in that 13 week period or have a heart attack?? Not much time to ring Vhi to renew there.....

Advertisement