Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many monthly unique visitors does an Irish website need before it makes decent $?

Options
  • 17-01-2014 10:00am
    Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭

I was wondering how many visitors an Irish website would need to generate circa €2,000 a month?

All feedback appreciated :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I was wondering how many visitors an Irish website would need to generate circa €2,000 a month?

All feedback appreciated :)

Thanks.

600,000 to 1,000,000 views monthly, it depends on the ads you have and how they work.

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

GarIT wrote: »
    600,000 to 1,000,000 views monthly, it depends on the ads you have and how they work.

Wow. Thats serious numbers. Thanks for the reply, I was wondering how you calculated that?

Wow. Thats serious numbers. Thanks for the reply, I was wondering how you calculated that?

€0.0033333 per view, or 1 cent per 3 views. 2,000 x 300 = 600,000.

Many thanks, thats very informative.

Would you know, approximately, how much customer acquisition is for these kinds of sites? Do the numbers add up?

Many thanks, thats very informative.

Would you know, approximately, how much customer acquisition is for these kinds of sites? Do the numbers add up?

I dont even understand that sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Depends on the niche. Depends on what the advertisers are paying for advertising. Depends on whether the advertising is banner CPM or CPC. Depends on whether you are selling anything. Without such data, it is one of those tyre kicking exercises beloved by teachers and lecturers.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Michael_Dare

That's an impossible question to answer as every website is different. I ran a website a few years ago that had close to a million page loads a month. It was a well established site and we ran Google ads in good locations. Earnings per month from Google ads was only about €100. No other advertising worked, as we couldn't entice any businesses to advertise direct.

If you had a small site discussing mortgages, with only 500 page loads a month, and 5 people a month clicked a Google ad about mortgages, you'd match our €100 per month income, as that's about what mortgage provider ads pay. Page loads don't really correlate to income. Every site and market is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

.0033333 * 3 is .009999 no?

neil_hosey wrote: »
    .0033333 * 3 is .009999 no?

It's supposed to be 1/3 of a cent.

Unless you are getting advertisers in directly the rates from google are pretty standard.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If you are selling widgets for €2000 then you only need one visit from a purchaser each month. If your widgets are €200 then you need 10. If the widgets are €1 then you need 2000. If you are not selling anything then the sums are different again.

Silly question really as it all depends on what the website is doing and how you think you can make money from it.

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »

Silly question really as it all depends on what the website is doing and how you think you can make money from it.

Its hard to give more details without showing my hand too much. But I can see now that this is a fairly open ended question.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,618 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Visitors to a site don't necessarily translate to ad clicks.

Are you advertising using AdSense?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If you are thinking of setting up a website in order to make money from advertising, don't bother.

Setup a website to make money from something else, or from selling stuff, or from telling people about something interesting. If you then happen to make some money on the back of that due to some advertising revenue then that is a bonus, but a business plan of making money from advertising is not going to work as you don't have anything to sell to the advertisers yet.

Advertisement