Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SwiftSMS - Simply sending Beautiful Webtexts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 deiseliving

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    I've had a few emails with the same complaint.
    maki is probably right 3 have made a change to their website that brakes the app.

Unfortunately I don't have a 3 account so I can't really test it. I'll try get a free sim this evening and hopefully fix it then.
    Is the problem with people using Swift SMS on 3 sorted yet?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The people having problems with SwiftSMS not working, are you original Three customers or ex-O2 customers? My main account is ex-O2 and I have had no problems sending texts with SwiftSMS since SwiftSMS was updated some weeks ago. Just checked there with an original Three account I also have and it is working with SwiftSMS too.

So there doesn't seem to have been some general change to the Three website that has broken SwiftSMS. But I believe some individual customers are having problems with the Three webtext service. Perhaps try uninstalling and then re-installing SwiftSMS?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 deiseliving

Quackster wrote: »
    The people having problems with SwiftSMS not working, are you original Three customers or ex-O2 customers? My main account is ex-O2 and I have had no problems sending texts with SwiftSMS since SwiftSMS was updated some weeks ago. Just checked there with an original Three account I also have and it is working with SwiftSMS too.

So there doesn't seem to have been some general change to the Three website that has broken SwiftSMS. But I believe some individual customers are having problems with the Three webtext service. Perhaps try uninstalling and then re-installing SwiftSMS?
    I have just got a new pin number from 3 but still not working. For username I input my mobile number. For password on swift I input my pin number. But not verified!!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Mine is an original Three account (although on a ported number, so I'm logging in with an 086 number just in case that has any relevance) and I am having the same problems as others have outlined.

I reinstalled the app and I cannot login to my account, the Verify button goes red.
    Webtext login and sending is working normally for me through the Three website, and also through another android webtext application, so I believe it's an issue on SwiftSMS' end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

[QUOTE=setanta1984;9515546
    Webtext login and sending is working normally for me through the Three website, and also through another android webtext application, so I believe it's an issue on SwiftSMS' end.[/QUOTE]

What's the other application? I'm always on the hunt for one that might work outside Ire!

• Advertisement

What's the other application? I'm always on the hunt for one that might work outside Ire!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hoverapps.irishwebtext&hl=en-GB

I'll remove that link if Fluffy88 would prefer, not sure if its fair linking a competitor in a thread for their (excellent) app. I love SwiftSMS so hopefully it'll be working for Three again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

I already knew about that one, thanks !

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Mine is an original Three account (although on a ported number, so I'm logging in with an 086 number just in case that has any relevance) and I am having the same problems as others have outlined.

I reinstalled the app and I cannot login to my account, the Verify button goes red.
    Webtext login and sending is working normally for me through the Three website, and also through another android webtext application, so I believe it's an issue on SwiftSMS' end.

I'm still not sure how the problem could be with SwiftSMS as the original Three PAYG account I have (login with phone number and PIN) is working fine with SwiftSMS I have installed on two different devices (Android and Blackberry). If it's working for some but not for others, that could make very hard to track down the issue. Could you try adding your account to SwiftSMS on another device?

I'm still not sure how the problem could be with SwiftSMS as the original Three PAYG account I have (login with phone number and PIN) is working fine with SwiftSMS I have installed on two different devices (Android and Blackberry). If it's working for some but not for others, that could make very hard to track down the issue. Could you try adding your account to SwiftSMS on another device?

I get the same behaviour on both of my devices, OnePlus One running CM12S and a Nexus 4 running stock Lollipop.

My girlfriend has the identical problem with her Moto G also on Lollipop.

The problem started last week on the same day for both of us where attempting to send a message was resulting in erroneous "No internet connection" errors.
    After removing the Three account or reinstalling SwiftSMS, the login problem occurs. I don't have any other SIM cards to check other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Thanks everyone for all the extra info on the error.
    And it's okay setanta, feel free to provide links to other apps, if SwiftSMS isn't working then people need some way to continue.

I still haven't had a chance to do anything on this as I don't have a 3 account myself. Hoping to get into a store to get a free sim if I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Fluffy,

Hi, im trying to verify my number with the swift SMS android app.

I have the new galaxy s6 and im on the 3 network but when I I click verify, nothing happens.

Any thoughts?

Three sim card arrived yesterday so I will be looking into it tonight.
    Hope to have it working ASAP, sorry for the long delay

After having a look, it seems the problem is with Three's SSL certificate.
    Three changed their certificate earlier this month and the new cert doesn't have the intermediate certs chained.

That's why it works for some people and not others, some phones have the necessary certificate installed by default so can handle this missing chained cert, others don't.

I've contacted Three about this so I'm hoping they can fix the issue and therefore everyone's webtexts should start working again.

If anyone wants to use a workaround in the mean time.
    All you need to do is import the intermediate cert into your phones credentials storage. The intermediate cert is the one named "Entrust Certification Authority - L1K". View the certificate chain in Chrome/Firefox, export the intermediate cert, then import it to your phone.
    Some more info can be found here .. http://www.guyrutenberg.com/2013/03/16/manually-install-ssl-certificate-in-android-jelly-bean/

The app should be back to working now for everyone, without an update :-)

The boards Three rep Elaine has contacted the web team and they have fixed their SSL cert so all devices should now trust the Three website.

Sorry about the delay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

The boards Three rep Elaine has contacted the web team and they have fixed their SSL cert so all devices should now trust the Three website.

Sorry about the delay

Fair play Fluffy.

Sorry about the delay

Confirmed working here on 2 devices, thanks for sorting it :)

Thanks for the confirmation guys :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

What are the minimum phone requirements for this app?

Adrian4 wrote: »
    What are the minimum phone requirements for this app?

Android 3.0 or above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Android 3.0 or above

Suppose there's no hope you'll ever add folders to this is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭glanman

I have used up all my webtexts for the month but app is still allowing me send messages. they show up in my message app as sent but receiver is not getting them. Former o2 customer on 3

jgbyr wrote: »
    Suppose there's no hope you'll ever add folders to this is there?

I wouldn't say there is no hope.
    But since I find it very hard to get the time to do basic things like supporting group texts it's unlikely to happen in the near future.

If the app was made open source would you have any interest in contributing?
    glanman wrote: »
    I have used up all my webtexts for the month but app is still allowing me send messages. they show up in my message app as sent but receiver is not getting them. Former o2 customer on 3

Thanks for reporting this error :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

If the app was made open source would you have any interest in contributing?

Unfortunately I know nothing about coding.

My problem at the minute is I don't have a lot of free time and when I do I generally use it to relax instead of working on this.

I would like to bring it up to a standard that everyone could use it, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do that on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Invincible

My problem at the minute is I don't have a lot of free time and when I do I generally use it to relax instead of working on this.

I would like to bring it up to a standard that everyone could use it, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do that on my own.

Since 3 took over o2, cabbage ceased to work for previous o2 users.
    Delighted to have SwiftSMS since, thank you for your development of this app, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Was with o2 and could use this and now with 3

When I login online on the 3 website I login with my number and a PIN but I cannot login to 3 using this.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Was with o2 and could use this and now with 3

When I login online on the 3 website I login with my number and a PIN but I cannot login to 3 using this.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Just so I understand this correctly, you are still using the old O2 account, which is now on the Three network?
    Or
    Are you a new Three customer?

Old O2 customers should login to SwiftSMS using their O2 credentials, however you will need to remove your old O2 account from SwiftSMS and add a new "O2 on Three" account.

Three customers should use the webtext credentials to login to SwiftSMS. The same credentials you use to access this page, https://webtexts.three.ie/

Just so I understand this correctly, you are still using the old O2 account, which is now on the Three network?
    Or
    Are you a new Three customer?

Old O2 customers should login to SwiftSMS using their O2 credentials, however you will need to remove your old O2 account from SwiftSMS and add a new "O2 on Three" account.

Three customers should use the webtext credentials to login to SwiftSMS. The same credentials you use to access this page, https://webtexts.three.ie/

Sorry probably unclear. I am now with three. When I try to login using my login (mobile number) and password(pin number) it wont log me in or give me option to tick the done button. I just press verify and nothing happens?? I can login to the three website https://webtexts.three.ie/ but no joy with SwiftSMS

Managed to login last night not sure if it takes a while for the pin to be validated?

Sorry probably unclear. I am now with three. When I try to login using my login (mobile number) and password(pin number) it wont log me in or give me option to tick the done button. I just press verify and nothing happens?? I can login to the three website https://webtexts.three.ie/ but no joy with SwiftSMS

Managed to login last night not sure if it takes a while for the pin to be validated?

Validation should only take around 2 seconds on a good connection.
    I tested it on my account and it's still working.

Is it working for you now?

• Advertisement

Validation should only take around 2 seconds on a good connection.
    I tested it on my account and it's still working.

Is it working for you now?

Yes I can login now not sure what the issue was?

Thanks

Advertisement