Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SwiftSMS - Simply sending Beautiful Webtexts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nualaonthewall

jgbyr wrote: »
    Don't know if I've found something or not. I've been able to get Swiftsms to write sent messages to my default sms app without rooting. I've got Android version 5.0.2. I just discovered it by accident. Go to Settings - Security - App Permissions - swipe to Personal & choose Swiftsms. I then changed write permission from 'Ignore' to 'Allowed'. When I send a message it's now in the default sms app.

Thanks for this ☺ it works perfectly on my OH's Vodafone Smart Prime, but not on my Moto G 2nd gen, unfortunately. Since his texts are barely a half dozen words at most, he doesn't really need to keep them.
    Anyone got any suggestions for getting this facility on my phone? I've read about 'rooting' (not too sure how to do it). Would this allow it to work? Is there a downside to 'rooting, beyond any warranty issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭L8rdude

I have been using SwiftSMS on Meteor for a while now, but the last few days I get a No Internet connection error when sending, even though I have an internet connection. I have verified my password on meteor.ie and tried resetting my account, but now I can't verify the account.

Anyone else having this issue?

Anywhere I can check some log files ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'm using it without issue at the moment but I did initially have some problems in August when I got back from France!

I'm an 02 user who is now on Three.

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Meteor recently changed their SSL certificate to one which isn't trusted by Android (try clicking using Chrome on your phone https://my.meteor.ie/).

I've contacted Meteor to ask them to fix the issue, thanks for reporting it :)

Thanks for letting me know, hopefully they will resolve the issue soon.

• Advertisement

Sorry never got back to you but Meteor fixed the issue a couple of days ago and everything should be back to normal.

Thanks for your help Fluffy88, it's back working.

L8rdude wrote: »
    Thanks for your help Fluffy88, it's back working.

I didn't really do anything, but your welcome :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Doesn't seem possible on my new Samsung Galaxy A3. Anyone found a way yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭OcocO

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    I didn't really do anything, but your welcome :P

Hi Fluffy. Thanks for making SwiftSMS such a great money-saving app!

I do have a problem though - On my old Sony Xperia, messages I sent with SwiftSMS would appear in the thread of the main messaging app - that was really useful.

Now though, with my Moto G (1st gen running Android 5.1), it doesn't and so I have no record of messages that I send with SwiftSMS.

Is there something I need to change to allow Moto G's native messaging app to know about the messages I send with SwiftSMS?

Thanks in advance,

• Advertisement

This is fantastic, thanks for pointing this out. Works perfectly for me on stock/not rooted CM12.1 on OnePlus One. android version 5.1.1.

Slightly different place - Settings > Apps (under Personal heading) > SwiftSMS.
    Then pressed the Modify button under Permissions and changed the Write SMS DB permission to Allowed (it was Ignored).

Wonder if this is just CM12 feature or all android? Will check on a stock MotoG later.

EDIT: Damn - seems like this could be a CM feature alright - I tried on a stock Nexus 4 on 5.1.1 and I was not able to modify any permissions. Just noticed on the OnePlus One that it's Privacy Guard that opens when I press 'Modify'.

Hi Setanta, did you ever manage to get this working on the stock Moto G that you mentioned?

Please, please share if you did!

Or is there a "Permissions App" or some-such that allows this permission to be set to Allowed without having to root?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

OcocO wrote: »
    Hi Setanta, did you ever manage to get this working on the stock Moto G that you mentioned?

Please, please share if you did!

Or is there a "Permissions App" or some-such that allows this permission to be set to Allowed without having to root?

Hey there, sorry unfortunately I've only found this option in Cyanogen 12.1 on my OPO - no such luck on Moto G (2nd gen) or Nexus 4 without root.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭c_meth

Just noticed this thread. I've used the app for a while now (on Meteor). It's brilliant. Thanks for developing!

Hey there, sorry unfortunately I've only found this option in Cyanogen 12.1 on my OPO - no such luck on Moto G (2nd gen) or Nexus 4 without root.

Oh well, thank you both for getting back to me so quickly to let me know.

Happy Christmas to you (and anyone else reading too). :)

It is working for people on O2, now Three?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

It was working fine for me up until recently. Today, every time I load it, it tries to get remaining txts and then crashes :-( Hope its up and running soon

.....and its working again - phew!!! Keep up the good work :-)

When I login through the website I get this screen.

372503.png

If you login and run through this process, I'm guessing they only do it once. That might fix the issue. Worth a try at least.

When I login through the website I get this screen.

372503.png

If you login and run through this process, I'm guessing they only do it once. That might fix the issue. Worth a try at least.

I'm getting that message all the time! Mainly when I log in on the mobile browser! Can anything be done with Swift SMS to get around this??

Thanks

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

madmoe wrote: »
    I'm getting that message all the time! Mainly when I log in on the mobile browser! Can anything be done with Swift SMS to get around this??

Thanks

This generally pops up when logging in from an IP address that Three regards as non-Irish. Virgin (UPC) broadband is a particular culprit here as is the Irish Rail WiFi. Three (O2) webtext via SwiftSMS won't work for me over WiFi using either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 magical marshmallow

Hi guys,

I've been finding that messages sent to UK numbers aren't delivering to the recipient on Three (O2).
    When I login to the Three website and look at sent messages, they usually show up as 'Sent'. However, for some reason, when they're sent using SwiftSMS, the delivery receipt doesn't work on the website. Don't know why, but it is what it is... :)
    Anyways, when I send a message to a UK number shows up as 'Not Delivered' for some reason and it doesn't deliver. Any ideas Fluffy?

I also have the problem of the 2-stage login when abroad. Do we have a work around yet?

PS Fluffy - Great app. Muchos gracias

Happy New Year people!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Is there anything that can be done to get the app working on wifi, it works fine on my 3G but never works on wifi.

Is there a specific DNS i should set my router to perhaps, I tried googles but no luck.

rogercross wrote: »
    Is there anything that can be done to get the app working on wifi, it works fine on my 3G but never works on wifi.

Is there a specific DNS i should set my router to perhaps, I tried googles but no luck.

It works fine for me on WiFi. What network's webtext service are you using and what broadband supplier are you using WiFi on?

For instance, ex-O2 webtexts won't work on SwiftSMS outside Ireland and if you're connecting through, say, Virgin broadband, the IP address you're given is probably being incorrectly identified as from the UK by the ex-O2 webtext service.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Quackster wrote: »
    It works fine for me on WiFi. What network's webtext service are you using and what broadband supplier are you using WiFi on?

For instance, ex-O2 webtexts won't work on SwiftSMS outside Ireland and if you're connecting through, say, Virgin broadband, the IP address you're given is probably being incorrectly identified as from the UK by the ex-O2 webtext service.

I'm Ex-02, so they're sending fine on 3G. Depending on where I am i'm either connected to Eir broadband or Virgin Media, neither work with the app.

What provider are you using for wifi out of curiosity?

rogercross wrote: »
    I'm Ex-02, so they're sending fine on 3G. Depending on where I am i'm either connected to Eir broadband or Virgin Media, neither work with the app.

What provider are you using for wifi out of curiosity?

I'm surprised it's not working with Eir. I haven't heard of any issues with them. Depending where I am, I am either on Vodafone broadband (which is fine) or Virgin (which never works). I also regularly use the train and it won't work with their WiFi either.

However, I can send Vodafone webtexts through SwiftSMS fine over WiFi using all of the above. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

Hi, anyone figure out how to write to messages from swift sms in android 5.0.2 samsung galaxy a3 without rooting?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Hi, anyone figure out how to write to messages from swift sms in android 5.0.2 samsung galaxy a3 without rooting?
    Thanks
    Can't be done.

Has development on SwiftSMS halted?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

Hi,

With cabbage ultimate, I was able to send webtext and receive SMS as it was a full sms client.
    With swiftsms you can only send webtext but not receive SMS through the program.

Since cabbage ultimate is gone now. Is there any alternative

PS I'm with Tesco mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Anyone experiencing issues using Swift Sms on Vodafone network. It keeps giving captchas. It was then showing "sending failed" after a few attempts so I gave up. I then got a text from my friend saying he received the message multiple times. Happening now for the past few days. It was fine when I last used it just over a week ago.

• Advertisement

jgbyr wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing issues using Swift Sms on Vodafone network. It keeps giving captchas. It was then showing "sending failed" after a few attempts so I gave up. I then got a text from my friend saying he received the message multiple times. Happening now for the past few days. It was fine when I last used it just over a week ago.

Having the same issue the past few days. Irish Webtext app also reports the same failure but the texts always deliver. The annoying thing is because the texts are reported as having failed, they're then not saved to my sent texts.

There is no issue sending texts with the My Vodafone app but that doesn't save sent texts.

Advertisement