Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SwiftSMS - Simply sending Beautiful Webtexts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Quackster wrote: »
    Having the same issue the past few days. Irish Webtext app also reports the same failure but the texts always deliver. The annoying thing is because the texts are reported as having failed, they're then not saved to my sent texts.

There is no issue sending texts with the My Vodafone app but that doesn't save sent texts.
    Exactly, thanks. I'm presuming so that Vodafone have done something!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They did some system upgrade a week or so ago (couldn't log in to My Voda for a couple of hours). The webtext page on voda site has changed slightly, I presume that's the problem.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Irish Webtext was updated a few days ago to fix the Vodafone webtext issue and it's working perfectly again now.

Hopefully SwiftSMS will also be sorted soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Quackster wrote: »
    Hopefully SwiftSMS will also be sorted soon!

I believe the developer in here has posted stating that active development on SwiftSMS has ceased, not sure if they opened sourced it or anything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭L8rdude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Sorry I haven't been active here, but I just don't have the time to maintain SwiftSMS anymore. As L8rdude points out, SwiftSMS is open source so I encourage other developers to contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Are swiftsms and irish webtext android only?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Are either SwiftSMS or Irish Webtext (or anything else) working for anyone on O2/Three please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Are either SwiftSMS or Irish Webtext (or anything else) working for anyone on O2/Three please?
    SwiftSMS works perfectly on Three.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    SwiftSMS works perfectly on Three.
    Thanks. Dunno what I'm doing wrong then. It's not working any longer on pc or phone for me.

...Are you an O2-Three user (or an original Three user)?

• Advertisement

Thanks. Dunno what I'm doing wrong then. It's not working any longer on pc or phone for me.

...Are you an O2-Three user (or an original Three user)?
    Original Three.

Has development on SwiftSMS halted?

Yes unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Yes unfortunately.

Any good alternatives?

I don't have the time right now to maintain SwiftSMS, however the project is open source and available on GitHub. I built the app as an open source app so that it didn't have to die with me. The app is there and is 90% working, we just need people with some time to make fixes when an operator makes a change.

If there is anyone interested in updating the app please get in contact.
    I'm open to any and all contributions!

The project is on GitHub: https://github.com/SwiftSMS/Android

Pity someone with the requisite skills couldn't fix the (presumably small) issue with sending Vodafone webtexts. :(

Just published a new version with a fix for Vodafone.

I no longer have access to a Meteor or old O2 account so can't test it these are working. I tested both Vodafone and 3 so these should be working.

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Just published a new version with a fix for Vodafone.

I no longer have access to a Meteor or old O2 account so can't test it these are working. I tested both Vodafone and 3 so these should be working.

Legend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

I can no longer log into Meteor, is anyone else having the issue? Just received an update to Android and needed to reinstall the app was working up until that.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭L8rdude

I just tried on meteor and I was able to send a message. I am using SwistSMS version 1.4.9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Thanks it was working grand for me too until the update. I wonder is it a login issue or is the Android update to blame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

I've just gotten a new phone and can no longer login to my meteor account using SwiftSMS. Is a fix on the horizon Fluffy88?

Edit: sorry just noticed that you're no longer fully involved with this project. Thanks for it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

This had been working brilliantly for me (Vodafone). Got a new phone and can't log into my Vodafone account through the app. :( I put in my number and password, click verify and nothing happens (verify goes red).

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jimbojimbo

I am using SwiftSMS on an ex-O2 mobile number. It works perfectly when on WiFi, but fails to send when using my Three (ex-O2) 3G / 4G signal. Any ideas why this is not working? Have Three blocked access to the SwiftSMS server via 3G/4G? Has anybody got this to work on mobile data?

I got back into the mood for some late night programming and updated SwiftSMS. Meteor and Three are now working again. I may look at other networks in the near future, can't promise anything though.

I haven't looked at the issue of sending from ex-O2 numbers while on a connection which is deemed to be outside of Ireland. If anyone else wishes to contribute fixes for any other networks I'd love to have the help!
    https://github.com/SwiftSMS/Android

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    I got back into the mood for some late night programming and updated SwiftSMS. Meteor and Three are now working again. I may look at other networks in the near future, can't promise anything though.

I haven't looked at the issue of sending from ex-O2 numbers while on a connection which is deemed to be outside of Ireland. If anyone else wishes to contribute fixes for any other networks I'd love to have the help!
    https://github.com/SwiftSMS/Android

Hey Fluffy88.

Please can you get Cabbage and SwiftSMS added to F-Droid.

I only use that do download apps.

https://f-droid.org
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-Droid

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Worztron wrote: »
    Hey Fluffy88.

Please can you get Cabbage and SwiftSMS added to F-Droid.

I only use that do download apps.

https://f-droid.org
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-Droid

Thanks.
    Do you not use the Play Store?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jimbojimbo

SWIFT SMS works perfectly for me on a three (ex O2) number when using WiFi. It will not work on 3G/4G, though (I get a 'no internet connection' message) . I also cannot get onto the webtext section of the three website when on 3G/4G, although I can when on WiFi. It just displays a standard 'This site cannot be reached page'. Any Ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Jimbojimbo wrote: »
    SWIFT SMS works perfectly for me on a three (ex O2) number when using WiFi. It will not work on 3G/4G, though (I get a 'no internet connection' message) . I also cannot get onto the webtext section of the three website when on 3G/4G, although I can when on WiFi. It just displays a standard 'This site cannot be reached page'. Any Ideas?

Post it to the Talk to Three forum maybe? They'll ignore the fact that SwiftSMS won't work on 3G ("not our problem, 3rd party software yada yada yada") but they might look into the fact you can't access webtext.

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1367

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

Do you not use the Play Store?

No, I don't use a google account (required for google play store) anymore and avoid proprietary software as much as possible.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Can anyone confirm if this is working on three at the moment?

Advertisement