Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SwiftSMS - Simply sending Beautiful Webtexts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

rogercross wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if this is working on three at the moment?
    It is for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Does anyone know how to get the Android sms app to remember the txts sent by Swift? On my old phone it saved them by default but on the Xperia M4 Aqua it doesn't. It's a bit of a pain trying to remember what you already sent.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

FanadMan wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to get the Android sms app to remember the txts sent by Swift? On my old phone it saved them by default but on the Xperia M4 Aqua it doesn't. It's a bit of a pain trying to remember what you already sent.

With Android Lollipop onwards, you have to have your phone rooted for SwiftSMS to be able to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Quackster wrote:
    With Android Lollipop onwards, you have to have your phone rooted for SwiftSMS to be able to do this.

Balls :( Think my old phones were Jellybean or maybe ICS. Ah well, will still keep using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Quackster wrote: »

I am rooted and on marshmallow, permissions are now built in but it doesn't save sent message to inbox. Anything I can do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭irelandjnr

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Hi all

Myself and a friend have just released our first Android App and would love to get some input/feedback. We are both pretty new to the Android development game so we would be very grateful if anyone has any advice or input on how we could improve the App :-)

Our App is called SwiftSMS. It lets you use your free Network Providers webtexts. We tried to keep the App as Android focused as possible, so it fits into the Android eco-system and feels like a true Android App.
    It's still a work-in-progress in some respects as we still have new features and other operators to add.

If anyone has time to take a look we would be so thankful!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.swift

Happy texting :pac:

I really need a version of this for iOS. JellySMS has always been buggy and lately is very problematic and the MyMeteor app on iOS asks me to register every time I login which is not feasible. Ever tempted to make an iOS version?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Cannot get this to work on One Plus tried to login and verify and cannot login

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

I can verify it works on a oneplus3+ on meteor network

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I find it doesn't work on Android 7.0+.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

It stopped working for me on O2 yesterday? Anyone else have this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Yes, I think Three have changed their website. They have an app called "TreeText". You need to register for Three webtext online and get a pin. You enter the pin (once only) in TreeText and it seems to work.

Yes, I think Three have changed their website. They have an app called "TreeText". You need to register for Three webtext online and get a pin. You enter the pin (once only) in TreeText and it seems to work.

I've used it a few times and 100% hate it!!

It would be great if we could get this updated to work with the new 3 and Eir webtext portals.

Anybody with the required skills able to oblige..??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ingamedeo

It would be great if we could get this updated to work with the new 3 and Eir webtext portals.

Anybody with the required skills able to oblige..??

This is my new webtext app for eir works with new Eir accounts and old Meteor ones:
    play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ingamedeo.eiriewebtext

It's called "eir.ie Webtext" on the Play Store

ingamedeo wrote: »
    This is my new webtext app for eir works with new Eir accounts and old Meteor ones:

Thanks for that. Any plans to get it working with Three as well?

Thanks,
    M

madmoe wrote: »

Thanks for that. Any plans to get it working with Three as well?

Thanks,
    M

Not at the moment as I don't have a Three account myself... I'd have to buy a SIM card from them for that
    I might create a similar app for three if I get my hands on one of their SIM cards

Not at the moment as I don't have a Three account myself... I'd have to buy a SIM card from them for that
    I might create a similar app for three if I get my hands on one of their SIM cards

I understand and thanks. Fingers crossed. I'd be happy to test at any stage for you.

Cheers,
    M

Tried it out, it's very good! Particularly like the saving of sent texts. Purchased the ad-free version.

Would be happy to provide you with login details to a Three webtext account if it'd be of use to you.

Tried it out, it's very good! Particularly like the saving of sent texts. Purchased the ad-free version.

Would be happy to provide you with login details to a Three webtext account if it'd be of use to you.

Thank you, yes that would be very helpful, so I can start reverse engineering their API. Very much appreciated! Would you like something on the lines of Eir Webtext for Three as well? Was actually thinking of making two different apps.

You can send me the details privately at ingamedeo[at]gmail[dot]com

Amedeo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭b318isp

It would be greatly appreciated to get webtext for Three (including ex O2) to work through an App. Tnx for trying.

• Advertisement

b318isp wrote: »
    It would be greatly appreciated to get webtext for Three (including ex O2) to work through an App. Tnx for trying.

I am confident that it can be done, it's a matter of reverse engineering their APIs and make the same requests from Android.. Will do my best!

Thank you, yes that would be very helpful, so I can start reverse engineering their API. Very much appreciated! Would you like something on the lines of Eir Webtext for Three as well? Was actually thinking of making two different apps.

You can send me the details privately at ingamedeo[at]gmail[dot]com

Amedeo

Just emailed the details to you there. Sorry for the delay but I didn't know the webtext PIN and couldn't lay my hands on the actual SIM until today!

Just emailed the details to you there. Sorry for the delay but I didn't know the webtext PIN and couldn't lay my hands on the actual SIM until today!

Thank you very much! I got the login details, I will look into reverse engineering the API very shortly

Hello,
    Quick update on how things are going..
    I've successfully reverse-engineered the login part, sending this POST request:
    curl -d "msisdn=XXXXXXX&pin=XXXXX" -H "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" -X POST -i https://webtexts.three.ie/users/login

triggers a redirect to:
    - https://webtexts.three.ie/users/login -> If the login fails
    - https://webtexts.three.ie/messages/send -> If the login succeeds

(The urls can be read from the Location header, to avoid parsing the HTML)

Once the login is completed, webtexts can be sent using another POST request:
    curl -d "message=Test+message&recipients_contacts%5B%5D=XXXXXXX&scheduled_time=led=" -H "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" -X POST -i https://webtexts.three.ie/messages/send

Cookies need to be kept across requests, that means cookies sent to the device when the first request succeeds, need to be sent as part of the second request. (This can be easily done in Android with the help of a CookieManager)

Will commence writing the app shortly, please go see the design of my eir app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ingamedeo.eiriewebtext
    and tell me if you like it/would want to change anything because I'll copy/paste it.

Regards,
    Amedeo

Hello,
    Quick update on how things are going..
    I've successfully reverse-engineered the login part, sending this POST request:
    curl -d "msisdn=XXXXXXX&pin=XXXXX" -H "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" -X POST -i https://webtexts.three.ie/users/login

triggers a redirect to:
    - https://webtexts.three.ie/users/login -> If the login fails
    - https://webtexts.three.ie/messages/send -> If the login succeeds

(The urls can be read from the Location header, to avoid parsing the HTML)

Once the login is completed, webtexts can be sent using another POST request:
    curl -d "message=Test+message&recipients_contacts%5B%5D=XXXXXXX&scheduled_time=led=" -H "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" -X POST -i https://webtexts.three.ie/messages/send

Cookies need to be kept across requests, that means cookies sent to the device when the first request succeeds, need to be sent as part of the second request. (This can be easily done in Android with the help of a CookieManager)

Will commence writing the app shortly, please go see the design of my eir app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ingamedeo.eiriewebtext
    and tell me if you like it/would want to change anything because I'll copy/paste it.

Regards,
    Amedeo

Design looks grand to me.

Many thanks for all this,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

The Eir webtext app looks great Amadeo. Well done. Are you still thinking of writing one for Three?

The Eir webtext app looks great Amadeo. Well done. Are you still thinking of writing one for Three?

Yes! That's affirmative! I am already in the process of writing the Three version and I have successfully reverse-engineered the login APIs

I'm also trying to come up with an icon for the app, if anyone has suggestions or is a graphic designer and can help me with it, that would be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Something like....
    number-three-green-square-rounded-edge-th.png

Or this...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

For anyone using eir webtext app, it seems to only allow one contact per message, anyone else notice this? Would be handy to be able to add more than one recipient.

• Advertisement

Advertisement