Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SwiftSMS - Simply sending Beautiful Webtexts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Looks great Amedeo. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Great stuff - will give it a whirl!

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Good and simple to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Hmm - I can't use it - it says it needs a PIN - my old O2 Account has a password i can't enter in the app

Nate

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Hmm - I can't use it - it says it needs a PIN - my old O2 Account has a password i can't enter in the app

Nate

Ex-O2 accounts use a different webtext interface so that would have to be developed separately.

And the developer would need access to an ex-O2 account to make it happen!

• Advertisement

ingamedeo wrote: »

Great job! If you fancy tackling Vodafone webtext next, let me know! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ingamedeo

Nate
    Quackster wrote: »

Nate

Ex-O2 accounts use a different webtext interface so that would have to be developed separately.

And the developer would need access to an ex-O2 account to make it happen!

Yes, true... I've been given access to a Three account to write this app. I can support old O2 accounts if someone is willing to share their login details with me.. please let me know.. Also it takes quite a bit of time and effort to reverse engineer new APIs so it may take some time to support O2 after I am given the account
    Thanks to everybody for the nice comments on the app!

Ten Pin wrote: »
    For anyone using eir webtext app, it seems to only allow one contact per message, anyone else notice this? Would be handy to be able to add more than one recipient.

I have taken into consideration your comment, I'll what can be done to change this and allow more than one recipient per message as you suggested.
    Added to my TODO list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I have taken into consideration your comment, I'll what can be done to change this and allow more than one recipient per message as you suggested.
    Added to my TODO list.
    The Swift SMS app allows multiple recipients. I think its open source so maybe you can use that code as a template to work with?

Anyone getting a "could not send" error on three webtext app even when it's working on three's website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Anyone getting a "could not send" error on three webtext app even when it's working on three's website?

Threes webtext has been hosed for the last few months.

I used it last week from the app with success but now i am getting 'could not send' but i'm guessing its because i haven't put credit on it for a loooong time.

I doubt it's anything to do with top up.
    Their webtext login page was giving a warning about non secure login yesterday but that's fixed now so looks like that fix might have broke the app. Or else three are blocking third party apps now?

Well i cant log in to the three webext page either

https://webtexts.three.ie working for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Added to my TODO list.
    The Swift SMS app allows multiple recipients. I think its open source so maybe you can use that code as a template to work with?
    SwiftSMS is open source and available on GitHub
    https://github.com/SwiftSMS/Android

I would be delighted to have someone interested in maintaining the app or even just using the code.  I had some grand plans when I first setup the app but just never had the motivation to keep it up.  It's fairly old now so the look and feel belongs to Android 4.4 and I'm guessing none of the network operators work anymore.

For anyone interested I also found a very nice fully open source standard SMS app called QKSMS.  It could be used as a base for building a webtext app on.
    https://github.com/moezbhatti/qksms

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    SwiftSMS is open source and available on GitHub
    https://github.com/SwiftSMS/Android

I would be delighted to have someone interested in maintaining the app or even just using the code.  I had some grand plans when I first setup the app but just never had the motivation to keep it up.  It's fairly old now so the look and feel belongs to Android 4.4 and I'm guessing none of the network operators work anymore.

For anyone interested I also found a very nice fully open source standard SMS app called QKSMS.  It could be used as a base for building a webtext app on.
    https://github.com/moezbhatti/qksms

SwiftSMS is still going strong for me on Vodafone! And a great aid it continues to be for me too! So thank you very much again for all your work on it.

Continued thanks as well to ingamedeo for his ongoing work on his Eir and Three webtext apps - it's very much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

SwiftSMS is still going strong for me on Vodafone! And a great aid it continues to be for me too! So thank you very much again for all your work on it.

Same here, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Yes, true... I've been given access to a Three account to write this app. I can support old O2 accounts if someone is willing to share their login details with me.. please let me know.. Also it takes quite a bit of time and effort to reverse engineer new APIs so it may take some time to support O2 after I am given the account
    Thanks to everybody for the nice comments on the app!

Have you had any success getting the old O2 access working? I've tried numerous times to log onto the app but it just won't verify.

FanadMan wrote: »
    Have you had any success getting the old O2 access working? I've tried numerous times to log onto the app but it just won't verify.

I haven't been given access to an old O2 account yet, so I can't do much about it

• Advertisement

Anyone having an issue with Three.ie Webtext app enabling auto-backup? When I try it, I get the message 'Couldn't sign in to to Google Drive'.

I'm getting this error on two separate devices but I have no issues enabling auto-backup in the Eir.ie Webtext app so it may be a glitch in the Three.ie Webtext app??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Does anyone have a link to an apk for an old version of this product (Swift SMS)

Does anyone have a link to an apk for an old version of this product (Swift SMS)

https://m.apkpure.com/swiftsms/com.swift

Anyone having an issue with Three.ie Webtext app enabling auto-backup? When I try it, I get the message 'Couldn't sign in to to Google Drive'.

I'm getting this error on two separate devices but I have no issues enabling auto-backup in the Eir.ie Webtext app so it may be a glitch in the Three.ie Webtext app??

Hey! It's the developer here!
    Thank you for reporting this issue, I will look into this
    I remind you, you can also send me an email at ingamedeo[at]gmail[dot]com which I monitor more often than this thread here, no problem whatsoever!

Check a few things first:
    - Check that Google play services is installed and updated to the latest version
    - Go to Settings -> Apps -> select the app and "Clear data". You will lose all the texts you sent through the app, then try again.

Thank you!
    Amedeo

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭United Red

I notice that Swift SMS isn't working (unfortunately) on Vodafone since they udated their systems on Saturday:(

United Red wrote: »
    I notice that Swift SMS isn't working (unfortunately) on Vodafone since they udated their systems on Saturday:(

Working fine for me with Vodafone just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Working fine for me also on Vodafone. Just sent some texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭United Red

This app no longer on Android:rolleyes:

This app no longer on Android

Can you still log in to webtext on Vodafone website in a browser?

• Advertisement

This app no longer on Android:rolleyes:

The app is no longer in active development so obviously it's no longer on the Play Store. The Android app still works though, at least for Vodafone.

Advertisement