Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SwiftSMS - Simply sending Beautiful Webtexts

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

Damn damn and double damn. New phone and I cannot install Swiftsms :(
    Transferring app and data has proved a horrible experience. Old phone does not have nfc, helium is totally confused about encryption keys, hours later I seem to have data backed up but I must first install the app from Play and then restore the data.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

Solution for moving app between phones. Download 'app extractor' install and run. It makes an APK which is saved locally. Upload this to Google Drive, download on new phone, run Helium restore of data and your all set! SFS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

ES File Explorer has an App backup option to generate the original APK file.

The file won't have any personal data but just re enter the login details on new phone.

Or else download it...
    https://m.apkpure.com/swiftsms/com.swift

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Vodafone have finally rendered Swift SMS incompatible with their webtext...and worse still the portal version has a "not a robot...find the car/bus/tree" kindergarten puzzle to navigate.

Vodafone's current mantra seems to be "if it's not broke...it soon will be"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Vodafone have finally rendered Swift SMS incompatible with their webtext...and worse still the portal version has a "not a robot...find the car/bus/tree" kindergarten puzzle to navigate.

Vodafone's current mantra seems to be "if it's not broke...it soon will be"
    In fairness their own apps work better for webtext now.

Swift SMS was a beautiful piece of coding lads.

Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

In fairness their own apps work better for webtext now.

Eh, certainly not the latest version of the Vodafone app as Ten Pin has pointed out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Quackster wrote: »
    Eh, certainly not the latest version of the Vodafone app as Ten Pin has pointed out!
    Not better than Swift SMS but better than they used to.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Not better than Swift SMS but better than they used to.

Not in my experience. When webtexting from previous versions of the Vodafone app, you had access to your phone's contacts. Now you have to manually type in the numbers you are texting. Complete PITA!

Advertisement