Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SwiftSMS - Simply sending Beautiful Webtexts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

jgbyr wrote: »
    Very strange, I can send to Irish numbers, it's for the international number that I'm getting the text from Vodafone to go to the website to complete the process. I've gone to the website but can't see any additional login requirement.

Hmm strange, I'm getting the same thing. To be honest I didn't test the international texts very thoroughly, I didn't want to be annoying my only northern friend too much :-P
    I'll look into it as soon as I can, thanks for the testing, much appriciated :-)

Thanks Jgbyr for the heads up.
    I've been off duty for the weekend so only got to look into this tonight.

Seems Vodafone require you to enter a 'security' code when you sent international webtexts, haven't had the chance to test it too thoroughly yet so I'm not sure is it for every text or a once off thing but from looking at the information on their website it looks to be a per message code.

SwiftSMS will have to be updated to accommodate for this 'security' feature, hopefully within the next few days :-)
    I'll let you know here once I know more.

A new version went live last night.

- Vodafone Added support for international verification codes.
    - Force account verification before being adding.
    - Fixed bug when using certain prefixes.
    - Fixed bug with message persistence.

And one I forgot to mention on the play store is a new confirmation notification when you send a message but have exited the app before it's sent. I call it a "rolling" notification.

I keep forgetting to make the remaining SMS count easier to see, next time, I hope :o

EDIT: Thanks to jgbyr for pointing out the issue with Vodafone int'l webtexts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    A new version went live last night.

- Vodafone Added support for international verification codes.
    - Force account verification before being adding.
    - Fixed bug when using certain prefixes.
    - Fixed bug with message persistence.

And one I forgot to mention on the play store is a new confirmation notification when you send a message but have exited the app before it's sent. I call it a "rolling" notification.

I keep forgetting to make the remaining SMS count easier to see, next time, I hope :o

EDIT: Thanks to jgbyr for pointing out the issue with Vodafone int'l webtexts.
    Appreciate the quick response to this.
    I just tried to send a text to a UK number & it failed.
    I entered the captcha & then got a verification text from Vodafone. I entered the number in the app & then got another captcha followed by the verification again. Then I got a sending failed message.

hmmmmmmm ... interesting.
    I've tested it out just now again and it sent for me.

Could you login on the Vodafone website and see if things are still working there?

• Advertisement

hmmmmmmm ... interesting.
    I've tested it out just now again and it sent for me.

Could you login on the Vodafone website and see if things are still working there?

Will do shortly. Would it make any difference that the number is stored as +44 as opposed to 0044.

Both +44 and 0044 work for me, so it shouldn't.

I'm not sure what's going on, I've tried the int'l webtexts from two separate Vodafone accounts and it's worked on both. I'm hoping I haven't missed something :-(

Just tried it there though the website & it sent after entering the captcha & verification code.
    Still won't send through the app.
    Strange as it's working for you. I haven't received a confirmation from the UK number yet though that they got my message.
    **edit. The message was received when sent from the website.
    I rebooted the phone & tried again using the app but no joy.

Firstly I have to thank jgbyr for helping resolve the Vodafone int'l issue.

Last night a new update was released with a fix for the problem jgbyr was encountering.
    Vodafone int'l webtexts should now be working for everyone :-)

Happy texting!

Firstly I have to thank jgbyr for helping resolve the Vodafone int'l issue.

Last night a new update was released with a fix for the problem jgbyr was encountering.
    Vodafone int'l webtexts should now be working for everyone :-)

Happy texting!

Thanks for the speedy resolution to the issue I encountered. Appreciate it.

• Advertisement

Another release out tonight.

- Added support for O2
    - Reduced frequency of Vodafone Captcha

Extended changelog
    - Made the Remaining SMS count more visible
    - Added new Notification icons
    - Performance improvement (Reduced HTTP requests)

Some work has been done with the new MyMeteor site, but it needs a little more testing before it's ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

Another release out tonight.

- Added support for O2

Nice one, will test soon as it is up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

Installed and tested on o2, working as designed. Good work.
    No doubt I'll have a few suggestions in time :)
    For now though, I would like to see an option to change to a dark theme, black, should be easy enough implemented?

Thanks though, can never have enough apps to use these free online texts!

Pushed another release last night.
    I hope we aren't releasing too often that it gets annoying.

- Added support for new MyMeteor site https://my.meteor.ie/
    - Fixed bug where switching accounts fails

Not much else to add to the changelog this time.

@dubecho
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'm not sure how simple switching themes will be, but we'll have a think about it and see.
    Do let us know if you have any ideas for it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

- Added support for new MyMeteor site https://my.meteor.ie/
    - Fixed bug where switching accounts fails

Not much else to add to the changelog this time.

@dubecho
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'm not sure how simple switching themes will be, but we'll have a think about it and see.
    Do let us know if you have any ideas for it :-)

Keep up the good work guys! The quick updates are just fine for me! On a side note does anyone think that Google Hangouts can be dog slow at times!? I'm on a Nexus 5 and now and again it just seems to take an age to load!?

Thanks,
    M

When I open Hangouts the first time it takes ages to load on my Nexus 4. But once it's running in the background it's fairly instant to open.
    I do find it very unreliable at times, some days it just doesn't want to deliver messages to my phone, but I can get them from the chat window in Gmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

When I open Hangouts the first time it takes ages to load on my Nexus 4. But once it's running in the background it's fairly instant to open.
    I do find it very unreliable at times, some days it just doesn't want to deliver messages to my phone, but I can get them from the chat window in Gmail.

Exact same here! And when you read a message sometimes and don't reply when you go back to the Inbox it is still there in bold font as unread!!? Time to give Evolve or Hello SMS a look me thinks!! :p

Improvements are always welcome :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

If I had one suggestion for your excellent app is that the app icon doesn't appear to fall within current Android guidelines or practice.
    Its rectangular in shape rather than the square icon 48dpx48dp, same with your store icon which should be 512x512.

Thanks for the suggestion!
    Neither of us are much of an artist so we kind of just threw the icon together. I didn't even think to look for design guidelines, so thanks for the heads up.

We will have to read the icon guidelines and see can we fix it up to fit in a little better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Just to let you know Three webtexting is broken.

Thanks very much for letting us know.
    We will look into it asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 deiseliving

Hi. I'm on 3. On Swift it shows the amount of messages I have left but won't send an sms? Why is this? I am using d right password etc. Seeing as it verifies properly it should work! Is there a problem with 3? Ok. Just saw the above post that 3 webtexting is broken!? When will it be fixed?

It will be fixed ASAP, just need to dig into what is causing the issue. Should be an update of SwiftSMS in the coming days that will fix it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

I can't find your app in the Google Play store on my Android phone, when I search for SwiftSMS it returns 3 results
    1 - SwiftSMS - Proof of Concept
    2 - Swift SMSBlast
    3 - Swift SMSBlast Pro

None of them are yours, am I doing something stupid? :) Your link on the PC works fine and search works fine on Google Play on the PC but the opposite occurs when searching from the phone?

I'd say the problem is SwiftSMS requires Android 3.0 or higher. What version of Android are you using?

From the play store website try install the app to your phone, it should tell you if it's compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Android version 2.3.5

I see it now on the PC - "This app is incompatible with your device". Explains it alright.

:-(
    I'm sorry about that.
    A lot of the nice UI elements that we use were only added in Android 3.0 so we couldn't support devices pre 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 32 deiseliving

Any news of when the update is due to allow 3 users to use their webtexts on SwiftSMS?

• Advertisement

We had a bit of an issue with the Three account we used originally, so we had to get access to another Three account to fix this issue. We now have access and know what is causing SwiftSMS to fail to send texts from Three so it should be very soon :-)

We will let you know as soon as it's out.

Advertisement