Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SwiftSMS - Simply sending Beautiful Webtexts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    I've tried both on data and wifi. 3 separate wireless networks in work and at home. The phone is working perfectly from a connection perspective and I've never had any previous issues with it.

I appreciate your help fluffy.

No problem at all :-)
    I'm looking at getting something together that will log important stuff for me.
    I got to test an S3 mini for a couple of minutes there and it has the same problem with Vodafone so we will try to get it sorted.

Sorry for the delays, I wish I had the finances to get more dev devices but for now we will have to rely on all of you :)
    Thanks for the support and understanding!

I'm messing with getting a stock Samsung ROM loaded into the Android emulator so I can test and debug this problem locally.
    Hasn't been going too well so far but apparently it can be done so I'll give it another go later.

Still no fix unfortunately :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

Hi I wandered in here to look for something completely different but found this thread and loved the app. I just downloaded the App and it looks great and worked for me straight away. I have an SIII Mini on O2.

Anyway, my suggestion is... Would be possible to get it to get it working with groups.

I mostly use my O2 texts for sending messages to a few groups. (Junior Hurlers, 5 aside soccer & under 12 Camogie parents). It would be great if I could do that directly from my phone as I often have to send out a message at the last minute RE change of time or something like that and I can't always get to a PC.

I set up a group in the contacts on my phone. I opened the group and hit Menu->Send Message. Selected All Members. Hit Done...

I was then prompted if I wanted to use Messaging or SwiftSMS. So I selected SwiftSMS. It opened a blank SwiftSMS but didn't pull the contacts across into it.

However, even if you did get that working, there is a real pain in the butt thing in Android where you can only send a text to 10 people at a time, even if they are in a group. So you would possibly have to get around this too.

Anyway - Thanks for a great app and best of luck with it

Great suggestion!

We haven't implemented support in SwiftSMS for groups so it's just accidental that the app showed up in the group send message. We will be adding support for the use case you just described though :-) Not sure when but it'll get in there eventually.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭BnB

Thanks Fluffy. As I said, just be careful of using the built in groups in Android as even though you can add as many members as you want, you are limited to only texting 10 at a time. Which is a real pain it the a55. But I'm sure you'll find some way around that.

• Advertisement

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    I've tried both on data and wifi. 3 separate wireless networks in work and at home. The phone is working perfectly from a connection perspective and I've never had any previous issues with it.

I appreciate your help fluffy.

Good news!
    I got some development time on an S3 Mini so was able to find the problem with the Vodafone login problems.
    We pushed out an updated today with a hopeful fix for it on Samsung devices.
    If anyone else is still having problems with logging into a Vodafone account on any device let us know, thanks.

Seems Vodafone made some change on their side that broke the decompression of the HTML page in Android when we made a request for a GZipped page.

Thanks for reporting the problems :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Thanks for all the work on this. Is there any way to clear the recent contacts so it repopulates again?

How do you mean?
    Every time you enter/open the app or send a message the recent list should get updated.

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    How do you mean?
    Every time you enter/open the app or send a message the recent list should get updated.

Yes, but suppose you want to clear the recent list. To start afresh.

Delete all your messages? :p

The recent list is populated from your SMS database. So it reads the last 5 people in your "Conversations/Thread" view and displays them.

The logic behind that was it should more accurately represent the people you would want to text right now. For example if you get a text from a friend out of the blue, your most likely going to be entering SwiftSMS to text them back than to text another friend that you were texting last night or a week ago.

• Advertisement

Delete all your messages? :p

The recent list is populated from your SMS database. So it reads the last 5 people in your "Conversations/Thread" view and displays them.

The logic behind that was it should more accurately represent the people you would want to text right now. For example if you get a text from a friend out of the blue, your most likely going to be entering SwiftSMS to text them back than to text another friend that you were texting last night or a week ago.

Ok, I understand now.
    Thanks for the explanation.

No problem :)

We are open to suggestions though.
    Is there something else you think would work better than this? Or what do you not like about it?

Is there something else you think would work better than this? Or what do you not like about it?

No its fine. Once you explained how it works, it's clearer now. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

No problem :)

We are open to suggestions though.

I'd still like some way of changing the app theme, my preference is for dark/black themes, so on apps where one would select the black theme, I do, as opposed to the white.
    Would be nice to have such a setting in SwiftSMS too. Just a choice between default white (with black font) or black (with white font).
    I understand it is more of an aesthetic thing and possibly not all that important, but choice is always good.
    Anyway keep up the good work, good to see how the app is evolving nicely : )

Changing themes is on the list of things to do so it will get done at some point.
    For now, the reason we chose white initially was because that seems to be Googles preference at the minute, with Hangouts, GMail, Keep, Maps, etc... all in white only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Good news!
    I got some development time on an S3 Mini so was able to find the problem with the Vodafone login problems.
    We pushed out an updated today with a hopeful fix for it on Samsung devices.
    If anyone else is still having problems with logging into a Vodafone account on any device let us know, thanks.

Seems Vodafone made some change on their side that broke the decompression of the HTML page in Android when we made a request for a GZipped page.

Thanks for reporting the problems :-)

Thanks fluffy, works perfectly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 robtec

Three are having issues with certs on there website at the moment, this is affecting our service.

We will keep you guys posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 deiseliving

3 texts on Swift not working again! ? coming up in corner where number of messages left should be!

3 texts on Swift not working again! ? coming up in corner where number of messages left should be!

Thanks deiseliving,

There seams to be an issue with there SSL certs, we cannot really bypass this as we do not want to compromise customer security.

I will investigate this more in the AM and post back!!

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 32 deiseliving

3 texts on Swift not working yet unfortunately!

• Advertisement

Three webtexts still have the SSL issue, providing a work around is still to risky.

The thinking cap is on!

Rob

Three is back up :)

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

Just downloaded the app today. Seems very good. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭henke

Downloaded the app yesterday so far so good. Very impressed. Don't see the option for recent contacts though maybe I am missing you something?

henke wrote: »
    Downloaded the app yesterday so far so good. Very impressed. Don't see the option for recent contacts though maybe I am missing you something?

What phone are you using?
    There is an issue with recent contacts on some devices. I tested a fix for Samsung yesterday so that will probably be released today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Recent contacts working perfectly for me on my Nexus 5 and on my Nexus 10! Keep the updates and new features coming guys ;-)

What phone are you using?
    There is an issue with recent contacts on some devices. I tested a fix for Samsung yesterday so that will probably be released today.

Ok cheers that explains it. Using a GS4 mini. Wasn't something that bothered me just curious. Delighted with the app.

I've just published the fix for Samsung devices just now.
    It should show up in the Play Store within the hour.

I have to say I've been loving the recent contacts myself, it's what I've been using 80% of the time now. I've no need to type out names anymore, it's great :)

I've just published the fix for Samsung devices just now.
    It should show up in the Play Store within the hour.

I have to say I've been loving the recent contacts myself, it's what I've been using 80% of the time now. I've no need to type out names anymore, it's great :)

Got the update there now from the Play store. Handy feature to have for sure :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Very nice application. Vodafone works nice and captcha is very quick compared to Cabbage. Will there be a Pro version that can make it the default messaging app e.g. incoming messages will go in there automatically?

Any update weather this might be an option?! Great app by the way!!

Advertisement