Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beauty items that don't suit

• 17-01-2014 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi all! Just wanted to ask what to do with beauty items that don't suit you. I recently got a lash curler from she uemura and i realized that it doesn't work well with my eye shape. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

Hi all! Just wanted to ask what to do with beauty items that don't suit you. I recently got a lash curler from she uemura and i realized that it doesn't work well with my eye shape. Thanks!

If I was you, I'd sell on adverts.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I used to swap items on the swap siopa on beaut.ie but this isn't being run at the moment. I know people also swap on makeupalley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I wonder would the mods entertain the idea of a swap thread on here (with a big disclaimer in the first post saying they don't take responsibility for anyone getting scammed).

I have a bunch of stuff that I don't use because it doesn't really suit or didn't do what I expected etc. It would be great to find them a new home while also getting to try out something new myself.

Reddit have a make up exchange sub http://www.reddit.com/r/makeupexchange
    I've never used it because most of it's users are in the us and the price of postage often wouldn't make the transaction worthwhile, but if you put up a post you can state that you only want trades in Ireland/Europe so might be worth a shot.

You could also sell it on ebay or adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

If you don't wanna bother with ebay etc. and it didn't cost that much, try car boot sales. I decided to get rid of lots of stuff last year and a friend of mine took them to a car boot sale and that kind of stuff seems to sell quite well. You obviously wouldn't get a lot of money for it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

As much as I don't like Beaut, I did love the swap siopa. Got some great stuff over the years because of it. Done Deal would be the best place for selling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

I wonder would the mods entertain the idea of a swap thread on here (with a big disclaimer in the first post saying they don't take responsibility for anyone getting scammed).

I have a bunch of stuff that I don't use because it doesn't really suit or didn't do what I expected etc. It would be great to find them a new home while also getting to try out something new myself.

Reddit have a make up exchange sub http://www.reddit.com/r/makeupexchange
    I've never used it because most of it's users are in the us and the price of postage often wouldn't make the transaction worthwhile, but if you put up a post you can state that you only want trades in Ireland/Europe so might be worth a shot.

You could also sell it on ebay or adverts.

I definitely would vote yes for a swap thread here :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I definitely would vote yes for a swap thread here :-)

It came up before and a nail polish social group for swapping was created. We decided that we didn't want Boards/the mods responsible for anything going wrong and no amount of disclaimers would make it hassle free for us. The social group was essentially a private forum that Boards hosted and wasn't responsible for. Social groups were closed recently though and the active ones were given private forums. I don't know if the nail polish group was given a private forum, but other than that there aren't any options because we won't be allowing swapping in the forum. Sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Brought Smashbox photo finish primer recently after all the rave reviews it continually receives. I can't stand the stuff. It's like grease sitting on the top of my skin. It doesn't seem to absorb properly, and I feel that it is adding loads of oil to my combo skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

panda100 wrote: »
    Brought Smashbox photo finish primer recently after all the rave reviews it continually receives. I can't stand the stuff. It's like grease sitting on the top of my skin. It doesn't seem to absorb properly, and I feel that it is adding loads of oil to my combo skin.

Rarely wear primer but have for the last two days as wanted to see if makeup lasted longer. I used smashbox also and woke this morning to find a few large spots (those sore under skin type ones!). Will be avoiding now. Can anyone recommend a non comodegenic primer? I've tried benefits porefessional also with no breakouts but didn't think it worked noticeably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I have dry/combo skin and love the Smashbox primer. I know Gosh do a velvet touch primer but its meant to be similar to the Smashbox one so I dunno if you'd like it.

I tried a Clinique primer before, in a white tube and thought it was good, but still prefer the Smashbox one.

Think this is the Clinique one.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123072063799_-1

The Laura Mercier oil free one is meant to be amazing but I've never tried it so can't say from experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Normally I just throw it in a drawer and then throw it out when it feels less new...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I use the Clinique primer for day to day wear, the one in the white tube. I love the Smashbox one and the porefessional one but if I use them for more than a couple of days in a row I get black heads and spots, so I only use them infrequently.

I find the Clinique one has similar staying power to the other two but doesn't smooth out the skin at all like the others do.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ennis81

Ladies Adverts is the way to go when you buy something that doesn't suit, I also always check if there is something I need! example I needed a new skin serum this week found a lady on adverts with loads of avon stock, got a serum from her (brand new and sealed) for €6 that was €27 in the avon catalogue, fab value. Facebook also runs many swap shops for different areas for swapping stuff, for services and local information, I find the one for my area very good

Advertisement